SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    We need a way to manually clear the list though if it is a new feature and not a glitch (the download list not clearing)... I have nearly 200 things on my download list right now and the oldest is that Smartphone freebie (I forget when that was released but it's been awhile).

Hmm. I was thinking they weren't cleared because I hadn't downloaded them yet, which is great for me because otherwise there's no way to keep track of them once they fall out of sight - unless I literally keep a personal off-site log of it. Makes sense a manual feature to clear the files might be necessary. Especially if someone doesn't care to download all of them - thinking specifically of OS's PC & Mac, which many people only like to retrieve the one they're using. I do both, just in case. :)

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited September 2012

Cyn: I have the same problem being on dialup. Once they are off the list I would forget about them. I flag the Order Confirmation emails in my inbox and keep them there until I've downloaded. I also use a sticky note to keep track of both files and their sizes so I can plan ahead for downloads and download only the ones I know I can do at that time (or avoid ones I know I can't do at all from home and not waste a reset on it).

Does RDNA really accept change in their GC? Do you need an actual dollar amount, or could I add just 54c for example? Before I was buying the GC here to get all of my money off my prepaid cards I use I always would have loose change left over that couldn't be used here, so I'd save them for the year and hope to find a use for them but rarely do. If I could add odd numbers over there I could build it up to buy something someday maybe, since GC are not working here still and I have a feeling they won't be before the PC sale starts :( Do GC expire over there? I don't shop anymore else due to so many random problems but if it means I could use all that extra change left on the cards I might as well try so it doesn't go to waste :)

Post edited by atryeu on
  • erdaberdab Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Dear daz, for whatever reason the gallery does not work for me. all it does is keep resetting the random featured images page. I cant look in any sub-folders such as bryce gallery or contest galleries or any gallery really. It just is stuck on the intial gallery page.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

erdab said:
    Dear daz, for whatever reason the gallery does not work for me. all it does is keep resetting the random featured images page. I cant look in any sub-folders such as bryce gallery or contest galleries or any gallery really. It just is stuck on the intial gallery page.

We don't have any Galleries on site at the moment. They will be introduced at a later date
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

To tell the truth: I am only downloading from "My downloadable products" when I just have reset a download.

All new things get downloaded from the links in the order confirmation mail.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Could I please request the ART STUDIO forum be added to the forms drop down menu... I think that would be really good in terms of faster more effective navigation... Plus I think it would really make it more well known, It would be awesome to see more people join in that forum section :)

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    To tell the truth: I am only downloading from "My downloadable products" when I just have reset a download.

All new things get downloaded from the links in the order confirmation mail.

When I do have something I can download from dialup, I've been using Taozan's software for downloading and resetting. It's more stable it seems and I always get disconnected from the server when I try and download from Daz through the browser now :( I haven't been to the "My Downloads Page" in 2-3 months I think LoL

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Could I please request the ART STUDIO forum be added to the forms drop down menu... I think that would be really good in terms of faster more effective navigation... Plus I think it would really make it more well known, It would be awesome to see more people join in that forum section :)

I second this, and I'd like to see the New User Contests forum added too. Either that, or put a sticky or announcement at the top of the New User forum with a link to the contest forum, to give it some more exposure.

And while we're on the topic of forums, why is there a "Latest News and Offers" forum if it's not being used??

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Not bad suggestions

edited December 1969

I totally agree with scott too :) These two threads really do need better exposure! Then more people will join in on the fun!! The more the merrier :cheese:

edited December 1969

To add on the first - The Art Studio has pretty much became our gallery since it's still in the making.

• DAZ_JoanieDAZ_Joanie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    This store is horrendous!

I just added the new freebie, the HLA Book, to my cart. Then I clicked on my cart to check out, and it says it's empty. Sure enough, it says My Cart (0). So I figured, maybe the click didn't take, but I do remember seeing the message that it was added to my cart. I try again anyway. Still notihing in the cart, but now I have the message that

The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1.

What the hell? Tomorrow will have been 18 weeks since this new stable :-/ store went live. A brick and mortar store would be out of business by now with all these problems!

Dana

If you send Tech Support a ticket they'll be able to clear your cart from their side and this will allow you to add it again.

• ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
    edited September 2012

Yup contact support.
    They'll then apologize for all your inconvenience and thank you for your patience and you can sit back and relax and wait for the whole website to put you in the crap again later where you can repeat the whole problem!!

I'm a three support ticket a week guy now!!!
    Seriously where did they get this new website from, a car boot sale, bargain discount store or did it fall of the back of a lorry.
    I've dealt with some 15 poser website recently and none where the glitch fest that is Daz3D.

It's a real shame because I had some respect for the company but they dropped the ball when they changed this website and adopted a policy of not seeming to care how much they irritate the loyal customers.

Post edited by Scoopey on
  • gw3972gw3972 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Scoopey said:
    Yup contact support.
    They'll then apologize for all your inconvenience and thank you for your patience and you can sit back and relax and wait for the whole website to put you in the crap again later where you can repeat the whole problem!!

I'm a three support ticket a week guy now!!!
    Seriously where did they get this new website from, a car boot sale, bargain discount store or did it fall of the back of a lorry.
    I've dealt with some 15 poser website recently and none where the glitch fest that is Daz3D.

It's a real shame because I had some respect for the company but they dropped the ball when they changed this website and adopted a policy of not seeming to care how much they irritate the loyal customers.

Just to add to the fun, they're in the middle of moving offices according to their Facebook page!

edited December 1969

I hope the person responsible for moving the office is not the designer of this new site.....half the office could end up in Bermuda!! Lol!

Where have the filling cabinets got to?
    I'm sorry sir we are working on the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience but you will get your filling cabinets sorted in the next week. In the means time do not hesitate to contact our moving department!!!

edited December 1969

Scoopey said:
    I hope the person responsible for moving the office is not the designer of this new site.....half the office could end up in Bermuda!! Lol!

Where have the filling cabinets got to?
    I'm sorry sir we are working on the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience but you will get your filling cabinets sorted in the next week. In the means time do not hesitate to contact our moving department!!!

You forgot the word soon ... ;)

• edited December 1969

It's official...I probably dropped about $50 into products I already owned. Can someone from DAZ explain why the failsafe that prevented this from happening was removed?

edited December 1969

It's official...I probably dropped about $50 into products I already owned. Can someone from DAZ explain why the failsafe that prevented this from happening was removed?

It's because they said the "new wonderful software" doesn't support that failsafe feature anymore, like it doesn't support so many of the helpful features we used to have around the site :( I don't recall if I seen it mentioned where they will be trying to add that back in or not so who knows if we'll get it back :(

edited December 1969

They mentioned they will get it back, but that there are things with a higher priority ... :down:

edited December 1969

Yup like annoying the loyal customers...here have some vouchers...NOT!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Anybody else notice today's freebie has two files that are the same name? Is there any QA done before releasing these things? Even simply checking that there is only one file with each filename? That seems a pretty simple one. How does that even happen? My file system won't let me name a file the same exact filename as something that is already there...it doesn't matter if the file sizes are different.

Dana

edited December 1969

I don't know if others are having this problem or have seen it mentioned by anybody else, but the forum keeps preventing me from posting in certain threads (see screenshot). The thread in question this time is located in the Members Only forum (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4990/). At 4:30pm PST I tried to reply to a response somebody posted for me and I get the following: "Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time". I posted in another topic just fine though, so I came back to try and post my reply again in the other thread and still get the error and it is now 30 minutes since I first tried and it's still happening. I had this exact same problem a month or two ago as well. :(

Untitled-1.jpg
    753 x 365 - 49K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I've had that happen when I tried to make a post that consisted entirely of an emoticon (I guess a smiley is not worth a thousand words). If that's the case, add some text, or at minimum, a period and you should be fine. I think I have also heard of this happening if someone is trying to make a post that's the same text as a previous post of theirs, but I'm not sure about that one.

edited December 1969

The post I was trying to make was at least a full decent sized sentence :( I forget the exact wording now, but it involved thanking somebody for posting the file size info for today's freebie and complaining that it was a tad too big for my dialup connection do :(

I never make a post unless I plan on writing out a handful of words at least... pages take too long to load on dialup for me to just post an emoticon LoL :( It was the same last time this happened also. I believe it was the exact same topic I tried to post in and another thank you note when it did it to me last time also.

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    The post I was trying to make was at least a full decent sized sentence :( I forget the exact wording now, but it involved thanking somebody for posting the file size info for today's freebie and complaining that it was a tad too big for my dialup connection do :(

I never make a post unless I plan on writing out a handful of words at least... pages take too long to load on dialup for me to just post an emoticon LoL :( It was the same last time this happened also. I believe it was the exact same topic I tried to post in and another thank you note when it did it to me last time also.

Was today's freebie only supposed to be one file? I have two PC files and two Mac files in my downloads. But both versions have the same file names twice.

Tomorrow will be 19 weeks of this "fun"! >:-(

Dana

edited December 1969

No idea, it's too big for me to download :( The extent of my knowledge about the freebie is that the PC file is 58.6mb. It's just right at the edge for me of being too big to grab on my speed *sigh*

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    No idea, it's too big for me to download :( The extent of my knowledge about the freebie is that the PC file is 58.6mb. It's just right at the edge for me of being too big to grab on my speed *sigh*

Sounds like one file, then, and seems about right for what I have. If that's so, then they've got more troubles with the downloads page, showing things twice. I wish they'd fix the real problems instead of giving us more pretty interface things. I don't care how pretty it looks if it doesn't work!

Dana

edited December 1969

I'll second that!

edited December 1969

I've only two files - one mac, one pc.
    Looks like it was fixed ...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

OK.. I understand the move and all but come on, what are they doing to the web site? I feel like I'm back on a dial up this whole day so far. I'm not bothering coming here till late on... it's just too annoying waiting a full minute for a page to load up... that's just ridiculous! :coolmad: