Daz Addiction - Whats your number?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Ok, this is sort of scary. While viewing my orders to reset and get a new version of Grid, I noticed how many pages of purchases I had in the itemized order history page. 122 pages at 10 items per page. then I went to the last page and noticed it was full. That means I have made 1,220 purchases from Daz, and I shudder to think of the actual number of files I've downloaded over the years since some of those purchases have been bundles and spawned dozens of files to be downloaded. I hope I never have to download all of them again! Which reminds me, I need to backup my storage archive disk at home... and there is no way I'm ever going to hand create meta data for all this stuff.

So share! How many items are in your itemized order history? :D

Boojum the brown bunny

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059
    edited December 1969

2890 - and growing.:bug:

• kimhkimh Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

1471. I've slowed down this year...not because there is nothing I want but because funds are tighter but it will certainly be growing

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Did I really want to know that?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I always thought I was a moderate buyer, and it turns out to be true. 1146 items so far, some are free of course, but most were paid for. Even if they all averaged out at $1.99, then that's $.... Noooooo!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

1534 for me, at DAZ 3D. I am glad we aren't adding any other purchases.

• Paul PettyPaul Petty Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

only 1060 =(

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

2049, and as Cho said, that's just here at DAZ. The really "sad" part is, I have a running spreadsheet that totals all moneys spent, and that figure makes me cringe more than the total amount of products I have. :shut:

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,126
    edited December 1969

Only 156 for me (items, not pages). I've been here less than a year.

• RomancefantasyRomancefantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So far only 1305, and I hardly shop anywhere else so not too bad. I'm just moderately addicted. :red:

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

419 items in just under a year. And I DO shop elsewhere too.

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited September 2012

about 900 or so for me, though I will admit my purchasing has slowed down and with the new site dropped to the floor. Makes you think though.

Post edited by Milo on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

I am but a neophyte at 480.

• SeleneyueSeleneyue Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

226 pages, 2252 items...

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited September 2012

barbult said:
    Only 156 for me (items, not pages). I've been here less than a year.
    209 for me, in a little over seven months. Mostly free or cheap stuff, but there are some bundles in there too...

419 items in just under a year. And I DO shop elsewhere too.

I shop elsewhere too, but not nearly to the same extent. I think my number for all other stores combined is 8 (not counting freebies).
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited September 2012

1387 items. But that includes 3 vaults, 2 Octobers, and almost 2 years of PC freebies.

But still... yeesh.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited September 2012

The numbers are scewed no matter which order list you look at. If you have an order that had multiple items, then you will see each of those items listed with the same order number. The non itemized list shows all orders including the ones that were closed due to returns so that throws off those numbers as well. So it looks like you made more order then you did. But you cannot count on the itemized list to give you an acurate total of items bought either cause it does not break up the bundles for us. Looking at my itemized list, I have the V4.2 Complete and the V4 Demoness bundles. But that is all it lists for both. It does not break it down into the individual items in any way.

My itemized list shows 1189 while the non itemized shows 781

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx points out great points. Very hard to get a 'real count'.

My history shows 2446 items. BUT>>>

I have a spreadsheet I use to help be determine if I have bought something, particularly in a bundle that's listed as one line item in the history. I have broken out all the bundled items as line items. The spreadsheet has 3393 lines. BUT from that I have to remove the lines that identify the bundles and the occasional duplicate that still shows up usually because I bought an item that later shows up in a bundle that was too good a deal to turn down even with the dupe. (And 2 lines of 'headers'). And in the list are versions of Studio, Bryce and Hexagon.

If I say that the above represents 5% or so of the total lines, I still end up with over 3100 items from DAZ since 2005. As to the actual costs? I shudder to think about. Though keeping in mind the sale prices, the freebies,the fast grabs and such, I have convinced myself it's not that much.

That's my story, I'm sticking to it, don't even think about trying to change my mind with any facts or statistics.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited September 2012

509 items in bundled items, according to Bundle Manager (which no longer runs, after site changes).

By counting saved product pages - at least 82 bundles. (I probably missed sorting some out).

I don't want to see the total cost either, though a database expert could probably pull it from Orca's scripts (which haven't been functional for a while).

Almost everything was on sale. I'm seeing a bunch of $1.99 bundles & items. 88-cent items my first October. Vaults. Freebies. Fast Grab. Vouchers.

Almost all of my returns are from before I learned to simply ask for the price difference.

I'd buy them at the lower price, and return. Which cleared one of the duplicates from the list, if I recall correctly.

There were 2 or 3 returns for items that I discovered I'd got in bundles. (I've come up with ways to avoid that).

I returned a pair of shoes, and something else, to get my bank balance back up, during a sale. But I ended up getting the something-else later.

I returned 2 items, after I found out they were for Vue. I also returned a few for store credit, during ruinous sales.

Those returns did stay on the list, as I recall. (Those returns did some weird things to order pages - which were already weird).

I still value the return system enormously, tho' I see, now, that I almost-never use it. When you need it, you need it.

I still get a twinge when I think about when I could've used that policy, during some really tight times, at Rendo and RDNA.

There were a couple of things I'd already bought in bundles, at Rendo. But they'd given me a couple of breaks, already, when they could've stood on the rule book. {One was a few-seconds-late coupon, when I was a newb, and screwed up the first attempt, and cancelled}. So I didn't want to push it.

I bought some items at RDNA, in a last-second hurry, having overlooked a bundle. Of course, RDNA extended that sale, so there hadn't actually been a reason for haste... (It my first year when everyone had competing Christmas sales, and I didn't have much time to shop).

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

8 pages
    Exactly 80 items.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

176 by the itemised count since Nov last year, and that is me attempting to be very strict with what I buy. I feel silly buying a lot of old Gen 4 an 3 stuff now that I know more about the auto-fit tool (and almost never use the older figures). One day I'll get around to doing something better than half-arsed re-rigs.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited September 2012

"Just" 557 in my itemized list ....several are bundles. Not too bad for being here since 2004, but more than I thought I'd bought. To make myself feel better, I just focus on the idea that a lot of them were voucher purchases ..... really they were...that's it, they were voucher purchases :red:.

Post edited by DustRider on
  • Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Dusty, let me shake your hand. I can only hope that my little digital addiction (in terms of spending at least) drops off and I can be in a similar position in 8 years. I signed up for this expecting I was going to be doing a lot more modelling, and a lot less buying pre-made pretties.

• HatBHatB Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

According to the listed number 4365 items purchased on the history list some of which are bundles with numerous items and that doesn't include purchases elsewhere. No wonder I am in debt. BTW this is only at DAZ
    :blank:

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Did I really want to know that?

Probably not but it made me feel better...my stands at 2390. lol
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OKAY, this was an interesting read. I've got MANY bundles so I'm sure my count is much higher than my Account shows. My Number is only 590 in my four years. I've been very tame it seems.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,008
    edited September 2012

2872 items according to itemized order history, since 2004. Not that bad.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Lazy LeopardLazy Leopard Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm clearly not a big DAZ spender; only 355 orders and 621 items. What was more interesting was the way my DAZ spending has dropped off since the end of February or beginning of March this year. Was that when the new site came along? Genesis and my dropping out of the Platinum Club probably had something to do with it, but I think the new site has been the main driver. It always logs me out, so I have to log in if I'm to buy something...

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • XenaXena Posts: 650
    edited December 1969

5450 o_O

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited December 1969