edited December 1969

4970 items since 2003.

• WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

1913 - and growing. :cheese:

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    2049, and as Cho said, that's just here at DAZ. The really "sad" part is, I have a running spreadsheet that totals all moneys spent, and that figure makes me cringe more than the total amount of products I have. :shut:

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
    Why do you do that?!?!?!?!?

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I've only been at it for a few months, but I only have like... 10! I'm scared about what lies in store O_O

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2012

I don't have nearly as much as you guys, so either I'm not grabbing freebies fast enough or you guys are ballers ;) I recently did a tally of all my daz purchases as well as rendo and RDNA and was floored at how much was been spent in the last year. Ever since then I've be very careful about my purchases because I noticed I still haven't used a lot of the content I purchased. I've even declined to buy stuff during the PA sale that has been on my wishlist because I have a backlog of unused content and don't want to add to it.

Maybe the PC sale will convince me to spend though, when stuff is ultra cheap it's hard to resist.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

I'm a little ashamed that my count is only 1212 and many of those are bundles. My purchasing has slowed down a bit as money has become tighter and RL expenses higher, but I still spend more than I probably should. And looking at the shinies from yesterday and today, I shall probably be buying something again. :-) and tomorrow is Thursday? Oh my poor CC. :lol:

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Miss B said:
    2049, and as Cho said, that's just here at DAZ. The really "sad" part is, I have a running spreadsheet that totals all moneys spent, and that figure makes me cringe more than the total amount of products I have. :shut:

Why do you do that?!?!?!?!?
    Because I'm a glutton for punishment? Because I was a masochist in an earlier life? I don't know, pick one. ~shrugs~
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Oh, if we're counting freebies, I have... a lot lol. But mostly from sharecg and japanese websites

• edited December 1969

You'll all notice I carefully didn't add up all the MONEY I spent on Daz3D products.. *snicker* I REALLY don't want to look at that. It is interesting to see that I'm in the middle of the road here when it comes to purchases.

Boojum the brown bunny

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I've only been at it for a few months, but I only have like... 10! I'm scared about what lies in store O_O

RUN while you still can!!!

LOL

Though how many after seeing the 1000's of items are looking at how much they have rendered and are not happy with themselves LOL

edited December 1969

-_Milo_- said:

LOL

Though how many after seeing the 1000's of items are looking at how much they have rendered and are not happy with themselves LOL

Are you saying what I was saying? Which is that people are buying way faster than they are rendering to a point it is impossible to catch up!

edited December 1969

-_Milo_- said:

LOL

Are you saying what I was saying? Which is that people are buying way faster than they are rendering to a point it is impossible to catch up!

Yes your post hit it on the head exactly!

edited December 1969

-_Milo_- said:

Yes your post hit it on the head exactly!

Ok, I thought we were speaking the same language. Good to know I caught on sooner than later. I've got some other digital hobbies from a former life and I still haven't touched the surface of using all the content I bought. I keep swearing one day I'll get around to using that stuff one day (animations for games, music samples, sound effects etc)

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

A few years ago, I realized that I was getting stuff that I would look at the promos, and say "that;s nice, I could use that in a render someday". But, I rarely used those items. Now when I look at something I think about it, and If I have a good Idea on how I will use it in a render (i.e. the item makes me want to make the render in my minds eye), then I will probably get it. Though there have been some items that I didn't get while on sale, that I really needed later and paid "full" price for.

I definitely haven't bought much since the new web site went live for several reasons. At first I just didn't enjoy using the new web site at all, but it's better now (though I still don't like the forum color scheme - it will give me a headache rather quickly). With the change in how the PC vouchers worked, I was much less tempted to use them (and actually didn't use a couple of them), since I usually got PA items with them. Then, thanks to some of the mess with the new store, my PC membership lapsed when they (or actually the auto-renew) tried to use an expired credit card, and I haven't felt like spending an extra $30 to renew yet (DAZ did offer to let me renew my membership by purchasing a new membership then getting a refund for the extra $30 - unfortunately I was out of town without good internet service for a few weeks, and by the time I got back I felt like it had been too long to take them up on their offer). And finally, I used to get the occasional voucher for a gallery submission, which typically increased my purchases beyond the value of the voucher. But without the galleries, I don't have as much incentive to buy, both because there is less incentive to make a new render for a chance at a voucher, and because I often saw something that I "had" to have while going through the galleries.

I'm not really complaining, I just realized that several issues with the new site have really affected my purchases here. I'm sure it's just a temporary thing, and will probably change once I have the incentive to renew my PC membership. Maybe with the annual PC sale (next month??) I'll renew, and spend a bit more, but I'm kind of saving up for when Carrara 8.5 is released.

edited December 1969

That sums it for me as well Dustrider.

I just looked and I have about 25 gigs of daz of items not installed yet. 10 gigs of other purchased items, 20 gigs of freebies I haven't installed yet. With the smart content now and already having years of stuff installed and manually moved to make finding something that made sense everything is at a painful crossroads.

• edited December 1969

Yeah, I have to agree with the rest of you that there are a lot of things I've never used beyond a quick render right after buying it to see what it looked like. Of course, I have a LOT of things I want to do, an ever changing list of projects which need totally different assets that I'm (someday) going to get around to finishing. %-P

Boojum

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

:sigh: :down: i plead the fifth.

Post edited by Cyn Art on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

The grand total of 94 items.

Not bad for nearly 6 years LOL

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

2286 on DAZ and another 500+ at other places

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

1049. I peaked financially seven years ago, when I was making almost three times what I'm making now. Most of those seven years have been pretty tight, so I can say that if the money were still here, I easily would have bought much more.

Since I haven't been able to upgrade my computer, I'm stuck using DAZ 2.3, so most of what's come out in the past year is completely useless to me; I have difficulty even looking in the store since I can't use it, I hate to see what I'm missing.

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 398
    edited December 1969

I thought: oh, it won't be that much, I started out with DS for figure reference yeaaars back and didn't really have a PC that was too good with this kind of thing (arguably still don't) - and most certainly didn't have the money, I was flat broke when I started - so my years of actual spending aren't that much. It'll probably be around 90 pages.

154 pages, 1538 items (obv. not counting bundles, which I have great love for and so am GLAD it doesn't count them separately).

So much for those years of figure reference and crappy computing. :down:

edited December 1969

So in addition to all that you have purchased, gotten have you installed it all into your runtime? Do you keep the install files once you install it?

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

220 items (not breaking down bundles), this is kind of worrying considering I've only been here since May.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

1560, but my spreadsheet shows that as breaking down to 2226 items before adding in a few hundred items from the old Daz Free Library, Daz Products that came free with issues of 3D world and other mags, and a couple of compilation CDs that were actually physically bought from Daz at conventions. And, of course, it doesn't reflect things that I bought as stand-alones and then got AGAIN as part of a bundle. (I've got enough Aiko 3's alone to start a small army...)

And add in all the other items from all the other vendors, and my runtimes passed into five digit territory a goodly while back. :blank:

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,142
    edited December 1969

Only 591, though I really haven't done much in several years. I do have my wishlist pared down to only 114 items. It no longer totals the cost, but at one time it was in the thousands.

edited December 1969

-_Milo_- said:
    So in addition to all that you have purchased, gotten have you installed it all into your runtime? Do you keep the install files once you install it?

I have most of my stuff installed, i tend to keep everything in monthly folders and tend to install it all in a batch. With the exception of stuff i must use the day I buy.

I keep installers. I back them up to an external drive as well and backup on runtime every two months. Used to be monthly but it takes too long now to try every month.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,532
    edited December 1969

I have been here for a long time and I buy them for many reasons. So ... yeah. Not going to say how many items I have though. It is a bit shocking.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

384 pages (3833 orders). :shut:

• aminrougeaminrouge Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wooooow,all of you have a lot of items and this is very good because i have more than 700 purchased,more than 3000 freebies and most of them are military (or related to it) because i am in the process of creating a cgi movie....a big one,but now i am not going to buy anything again,i didn't find what i need in the net so i am creating my own items,i have 137 item of my own work(so far).