DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta Release Now Available

DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
edited October 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

DAZ Studio Pro Beta 4.5.0.137 READY FOR YOU TO DOWNLOAD!

A new version of DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro is being made available for beta testing due to a small number of fixes that will resolve some fairly significant issues for our customers and Published Artists alike. Normally DAZ would not release another version so close on the heels of a major point release. But in this case, some major issues were resolved that DAZ customers needed to have as soon as possible.

One of the biggest issues was the update to the 3Delight rendering engine which had impacted area lights in the 4.5.0.114 build. That problem has been fixed and can be beta tested in this build.

In addition,changes have been made to how some animation data is saved.
Several crash bugs were fixed improving stability and reliability.
Useability was improved by adding a side-by-side view mode for the Content Library pane.

Numerous other bugs were fixed and a full list of changes to this build can be reviewed via the Change Log

This version is available to all customers and will run either with or without a serial number - (You will be asked to enter a serial number each time you launch the application until you do so. You may also use your current DAZ Studio 4.x serial number.

Installing DAZ Studio 4.5.0.137 will uninstall any previous installations of DAZ Studio 4.x, and we recommend running only one version of DAZ Studio 4.x on the same machine.

The default content should be updated as well. Running the installer for the content will uninstall the previous version, and replace it with the new content. Having a separate install for content will make the download size smaller and quicker to obtain.

How do I get DAZ Studio 4.5.0.137?
If you have previously purchased DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro Beta or Release Candidate you will be able to reset that product in your downloads list Itemized Order History for these products to acquire the latest version. If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio 4 Pro Beta, simply follow the link below to add this to your cart:

DAZ Studio Pro Beta 4.5.0.137

________________________________________________________________________________________

What are the New Features in DAZ Studio 4.5? (Build 4.5.0.114 )

1. Separate Software and Content installers, for quicker and easier installs.
2. Selectively save parts of a scene - Save only those items in the scene that you choose, rather than having to remove items from the scene before saving. Then, easily drop that scene subset into another scene using lightweight DSON format files.
3. FBX Import - FBX files can now be round-tripped through DAZ Studio, including rigged and animated items in the scene.
4. New "Ready to Render" scenes - New scenes that are "Ready to Render" have been added as part of the content that is available for DAZ Studio 4.5. Loading these scenes is a great way to start tweaking and playing with some cool scenes.
5. Geometry Shells - This new feature helps blend the textures, shaders and geometry of Geo-Grafted parts to the figure. This will provide a much cleaner feel to grafted geometry. It also allows the capability to work like instances of the original shell.
6. Instancing - Instance items in your scene to copy and scale the original item multiple times saving memory and video resources.
7. Group Node - Similar to layers in paint programs, you can group objects in a scene like a 3D layer.

What other capabilities are in DAZ Studio 4.5?
1. Full implementation of the DSON file format specification - This enables saving scenes in a lightweight format that can be loaded and used by anyone who has installed the products used in the scene. If one or more of the assets used in the scene are not found while the scene is loading, a simple preview is inserted into the scene in its place and a dialog is displayed indicating which files are needed to load the scene in its entirety.
2. View port speed dramatically increased - For many interactions, view port speed will be 2-5 times faster than DAZ Studio 4.0.
3. Load and use most Poser format files as if they were native DSON files - Scenes that are constructed using items loaded from Poser format files and then saved to the DSON format, are also sharable; they maintain references to the required Poser files, rather than the contents of those files.
4. Consolidated viewing/editing of Property Settings - The Property Settings dialog now consolidates more editable information about each property into a single interface; e.g. Presentation Editor, Controllers, Sub-Components, Keys, etc.
5. "Darkside" style is now included - You no longer need to download and install this style separately, it is included as part of the standard installation.
6. Shader Mixer improvements - Shader Mixer has significantly improved workflow and documentation.

Along with many new features in DAZ Studio 4.5, you will also find new documentation on some of the deeper functionality in DAZ Studio on the Documentation Center in the Publishing and DAZ Studio sections.

What should I know about this build?
1. Many, many issues and workflow improvements have been addressed since we released 4.0.3.47. Too many to list here. Please see the DAZ Studio 4.5 Change Log and the DAZ Issue Tracker for more detail.
2. Files saved from this version of DAZ Studio are NOT backward compatible with older versions, including version 4.0.x.
3. Plugins that run in version 4.0.x will not run in version 4.5 without being updated by their respective developers. Many of the plugins developed by DAZ 3D are included in the download(s), but may still require a serial number to unlock.
4. Not all features of FBX are supported on import, so characters from other 3D applications imported in FBX format may or may not come through with all their components.
5. All newly saved presets are recorded in the lightweight DUF format and script based presets (DSA/DSB/DSE files) have been phased out. Many of the script based save presets can still be saved and will load, but the new preset format should be used in their place.
6. The phased out ".DAZ" scene format can still be read, but the option to save to this format has been removed.
7. Support for Poser format content that makes use of Propagating Scale and/or Dependent Parameters (valueOpKey) has been updated. This can cause the behavior of items that use these features to change.
8. The 3Delight render engine included with DAZ Studio 4.5 has been updated to version (10.0.50). This may cause some compiled third party shaders to require an update. Shaders that were compiled using the tools provided in DAZ Studio 4 should already be compatible with both DAZ Studio 4 and 4.5. These shaders should automatically recompile at render-time, but will warn that the shader should be recompiled to improve performance. Shaders built using Shader Mixer are not subject to the change and should continue to function without an update.
9. We suggest that in order to use the PW Shaders you reset your downloads to get the latest version to run with DAZ Studio 4.5.
10. Both DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro AND DAZ Studio 4 Pro files are included in the download you get from the product page in the store. If you got the installer from the DAZ Studio Landing Page the DS4 Pro files ARE NOT included.

What about DAZ Studio 4.5 compatible add-ons?

- Plugins
- Shaders & Materials

How do I install DAZ Studio 4 on a Windows computer? click here
How do I install DAZ Studio 4 on a Mac computer? click here

Updated information from the Mac Community on OSX 10.8 Installs!:
Right-click on the installer and choose "Open...", this will trigger the "run
once accept always" mechanism in 10.8, and this also allows all installers
to be run once you've done this one for the DS installer.

This is the Apple recommended way and it works. Recommending to turn off
security is not the proper way to do it.

Post edited by DAZ_Brian on

Comments

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Well, this isn't a happy process.

1st run of win64 installer:
    Gets as far as somewhere round the end of the uninstalltion of prvious version when the uninstall errors out with some message about segmentation error or something. Acknowledging it, the main installer crashed.

2nd run of win64 installer:
    It didn't try to uninstall this time and installed, but a message came up about a problem installing the CMS.

Now, I don't use the CMS at the moment, and have it set to run only if I tell it to, not on computer start, but thought I out to try to get a full proper install, so ....

3rd run of win64 installer:
    As 1st run. Toward the end of the uninstall that it, of course, ran, the uninstall errored with the segmentation message again, and on acknowleding it the installer crashed.

4th run of win64 installer:
    As 2nd run, No uninstall ran this time, and install finished, but with the same vague message about a problem with the CMS install.

So -

There's something wring with the uninstall process, and I'm not entirely sure if all the 4.5 stuff was cleaned ot, or whether some bits are hanging around liable to cause trouble.

There's something wrong with the CMS install process. And while I don't use the CMS at the moment, I'm not wildly happy that this beta can't even install it without trouble.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

And running the dynamic clothing control installer was like the main app installer: it wanted to uninstall the previous version, I clicked to go ahead, and just round the end of the uninstall, the uninstaller crashed out with the error message about child killed:segmentation violation, and when I acknowledged, the main installer crashed out as well. 2nd run didn't ask to do an uninstall and proceded to the end.

Something is wrong with these uninstallers. (or something was wrong in the last version with the uninstallers it created). This is a beta, right? I mean, there were alpha testers, and they ran these installers on systems that had the public 4.5 installed, and didn't get these installer/uninstaller problems?

• InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
    edited December 1969

I didn't run into any problems installing and the Area Light definitely does work now! Thank You, Thank You!

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Anyone else having trouble getting the Genesis Essentials content? I'm getting a "download not found" page. Actually, do we need to install it or will the last version work?

• Orphanslayer69Orphanslayer69 Posts: 96
    edited September 2012

Can't get Genesis Essentials either and merging a character into a scene causes them to explode. Oddly I can merge older characters into scenes without them blowing up (for now), I just can't save anything to work on later because the new file format does not work.

Damn it Daz, get yourself sorted out.

Also, yes I've heard some kind soul created some file that can supposedly sort this out. What some people don't seem to grasp is that not all of us can understand the gibberish of "well first you flip the dizzle and insert >>>left font X<<< and then...." the instructions would make more sence in Vulcan than they do in tech talk..</p>

(Pictured below... a beautiful???? lady who apparently got her hands on a Cenobite Puzzle Box)

oops123456.jpg
    500 x 375 - 61K
    Post edited by Orphanslayer69 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, think I'll hold off. DAZ seems to be rushing things a bit here..... YUK!

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited September 2012

Update worked for me.My security software however signalled a virus or something like that as it did for many of the recent builds. Isn't it the Issue for some people?

Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on
  • acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

ANOTHER Beta? So soon after the Release Candidate fiasco?

For God's sake ... when will you people learn? The aim is stability, not endless updates!

As an aside, how many of the recently re-compiled addons are invalidated by this release?

edited December 1969

Oh, and by the way, resetting the download for DAZ Studio 4.5 does NOT get 4.5.0.137 - it still gets links to 4.5.0.114.

Get your act together!

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Working good so far in Linux/Wine (32 bit). No problems to report. The new Side-by-side view in the Content Library is interesting.

I'm waiting on a response on the availability of 3DL 10.0.62 standalone. That is my only "worry" about this update. I use the Linux Standalone 3Delight for rendering, and usually 3DL doesn't like compiled shaders from other versions. No chance yet to test in the PixelSamples bug in 3DL is fixed yet in 10.0.62, but word has it that it was fixed a little while ago so the bug fix may be in this version.

Kendall

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,311
    edited December 1969

I'mgetting an error when trying to install.
    The installer gets to the unistall previous version, I click OK.
    it doesn't even start to unistall - this message pops up

Capture.JPG
    744 x 483 - 59K
  • edited September 2012

This is not really encouraging...

I think I'll stay on 4.0 for a little while longer, but is there any centralized place for information about the progress on DAZ 4.5?
    I got the "release" version a while ago (4.5.0.114) and from this post I understand there is a newer 4.5.0.137 which is again a beta...

This is kind of disturbing somehow.

Also I didn't found anywhere any "technical" setup instruction for installing/upgrading to this version (what to install in which order).
    I found 2 different versions of Installation-Guide-Windows.pdf but none of them seems to have any contains about upgrading without losing your content.

The download list for my version includes installers for DAZ 4.0.3.47 as well... Should them be installed first for some twisted reason?

Stupid question: I guess it's not possible to install both 4.0 and 4.5 on the same computer?

EDIT: BTW, This is my first post on this forum :) Hi everybody!

Post edited by eric4521_f0869e44e9 on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:

For God's sake ... when will you people learn? The aim is stability, not endless updates!

Ehm - because people want working area lights?
    For example

edited September 2012

I don't think my problem is with this build's installer. I don't appear for some reason to have an unistaller.

Lefauve no you can't have both 4 and 4.5 at the same time.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • roger_8a3dce01bfroger_8a3dce01bf Posts: 3
    edited September 2012

If you use DS for your job, like I do, I'd definitely recommend sticking with version 4 for now. 4.5 is really messed up in that you lose 80% of your content (that you've spend tons of hours organising) and the CMS stops finding things and generally you end up pulling you hair out (and I don't have much left!).

Trying to get 4.5 to work cost me a small fortune in lost time. Thankfully I'm on a mac so used time machine to go back to the happy days of 4.

Even Poser wasn't this troublesome...

Wow! This is my first post since 2003!

Post edited by roger_8a3dce01bf on
    edited December 1969
  • Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited December 1969

Anyone else having trouble getting the Genesis Essentials content? I'm getting a "download not found" page. Actually, do we need to install it or will the last version work?

Looks like you've been caught by the same issue that I and others have - can I assume you "Reset" DAZ Studio 4.5 and are trying to re-download the Genesis Essentials 1.3? If so you're downloading what you probably alredy have - you need to reset the DAZ Studio Beta and the Genesis essentials will be 1.4 - and will actually download!

Cheers,

Cliff

edited December 1969

The problem I was having with installation seems to have been on my end.
    I've got 4.5 instlled no problems so far.

I do get an error on loading Genesis
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Danmoria/Sirena/Sirena Body.dsf
    it doesnt seem to be a problem except shes not showing up as dials under parameters or shaping, her parts head ear spikes etc are under Parameters but not her.
    I've reinstalled her but the problem remains.

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

No problems with install, I went and 'bought' the Beta, as it seems my previous 4.5 was a different product! That gave me the correct download (and updated 'Genesis Essentials from 1.3 to 1.4')

There was a slight delay of several seconds before the uninstall phase, that's a long time on a fast machine.:P

The first thing I tried was full GI with the kitchen HDR. It actually rendered in the same time (or slightly faster) then 'Occlusion with shadows':-)

I did notice when applying a Lana material to Genesis; the first option on context menu invites you to do the wrong thing and 'Add as New'.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

it doesnt seem to be a problem except shes not showing up as dials under parameters or shaping, her parts head ear spikes etc are under Parameters but not her.

That issue was addressed in another thread a week to two (or three) back. The upshot is that you can track down that specific file and delete it.
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I want to clearfy some Confirmation items to install new DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta

1. I downloaded 4.5rc2 before, so I need to itemized order history, and install new 4.5 beta
    then now In my downlodable product
    there is two items for PC

DAZ Studio Pro Beta - 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.4_trx.exe - PC
    DAZStudio_4.5.0.137_Win64_Bundle.zip - PC

2 . I need to uninstall ds 4.5 product ver?

3. I need to uninstall, genesis Starter Essentials contents?

4. I need to stop CMS before install this beta ver?

5 I need to install some plug-in again ? or they can run without problem with new ds 4.5 beta?

6 if I install it, some my handmade products and meta-data remove?

7 if I install it, is there some bad news which I can do it on ds 4.5 product ver well?

for me, what I lose (if it has problem) is more improtant than the improvements from ds 4.5 product ver.

(it seems usuall there must be some improvements
    when updated products or new version rereased)

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    acanthis said:

For example

EXACTLY .... and the question that you should ask is why those lights were not working after the end of the original beta and Release Candidate process. Such a fundamental issue should have been picked up long ago in the 4.5 development cycle and NOT still be present in what was alleged to be the "release" version.

But I suppose if you enjoy installing version after version after version after version then I understand your point of view.

edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    Kerya said:
    acanthis said:

For example

EXACTLY .... and the question that you should ask is why those lights were not working after the end of the original beta and Release Candidate process. Such a fundamental issue should have been picked up long ago in the 4.5 development cycle and NOT still be present in what was alleged to be the "release" version.

But I suppose if you enjoy installing version after version after version after version then I understand your point of view.

Sorry - but I prefer new versions more often than to wait for Service Releases for months when I know that Service Release fixes a bug in for example Poser. :)
    And this is a beta version, not a release. Nobody says you have to install it. If you don't need working area lights, you can still go with the official release.
    The betas are for people who like to work on betas. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

it is not improvement about removing the problem which must need for using products
    which are selling in daz shop .

I am not guest who exciting new technology of star-ship.

daz studio is tool for using daz selling products in many many many sales
    at least for those who bought products in daz shop.

if the tool has problem , DAZ must correct it as soon as they can, and it is usuall to apologize about problem
    and wait user who paid money.

(I do not want to say , please apologize me. but it is funny, if the version up is something DAZ can pride,
    and user must say thank you about what they achieve)

version up for removing bug is not festival. it is duty of company.and it should be released as product ver
    in principle. actually they can update when removed the bug, and can release it for user. I think.

all of customer not hope to be tester for DAZ.beta or RC1.2.3 .

I think ds 4.5.0 114 is just RC3 they shoud nam it as RC version.

I feel DAZ many time make miss announcement for selling the product.

I just want to use daz items which I bouoght in daz shop, in daz studio without problem.

I want not to install beta ver, but if I do not, I can not use the product which I bought!

the fact is problem.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

That issue was addressed in another thread a week to two (or three) back. The upshot is that you can track down that specific file and delete it.

Thank you

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,659
    edited December 1969

Plugins and shaders should still work - if they were working in 4.5.0.114, of course.

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited December 1969

Plugins and shaders should still work - if they were working in 4.5.0.114, of course.

The first page gives a link to plugins that are compatible as:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/plugins-utilities?compat_software=99

But this doesn't include any of the PoseWorks shaders (the ones now sold as "DAZ Originals")... have they not been updated for 4.5 yet?

Cheers,

Cliff

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    Kerya said:
    acanthis said:

For example

No reason to ask, the reason is known: there was a bug in the 3Delight rendering engine. It was not under DAZ's control, nor did anyone find it until it was too late.

From your comments I can surmise that you are looking for a reason to "down" 4.5... guess what, it works VERY well with fewer hiccups than some other software that I can name that I have had to pay for.

I find it interesting that for a few *here* the fact that DAZ provides prompt updates is a fault, when that is actually a strength. Users of other (very expensive) software would be ecstatic to get updates as often as DAZ provides them. In fact, those forums are replete with complaints that updates don't happen enough.

Then there are the "WAAAHHH! DAZ has created a new version with better features, but someone with an error between the keyboard and chair has complained! I'm not upgrading, and it's all DAZ's fault!" people. Folks, one or two people reporting a problem is a GOOD THING! That means that everyone else is not having problems. Hundreds of people reporting a problem is a bad thing.

Kendall

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Looks like you've been caught by the same issue that I and others have - can I assume you "Reset" DAZ Studio 4.5 and are trying to re-download the Genesis Essentials 1.3? If so you're downloading what you probably alredy have - you need to reset the DAZ Studio Beta and the Genesis essentials will be 1.4 - and will actually download!

Cheers,

Cliff

Thanks Cliff :) You're exactly right except that I was resetting DS4P. LOL It worked the last time :)

Maybe I'll just "buy" 4.5 to make it easier to keep track.

Area lights again! YAY!

Thanks again!

• BTLProdBTLProd Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Can't get Genesis Essentials either and merging a character into a scene causes them to explode. Oddly I can merge older characters into scenes without them blowing up (for now), I just can't save anything to work on later because the new file format does not work.

Damn it Daz, get yourself sorted out.

Also, yes I've heard some kind soul created some file that can supposedly sort this out. What some people don't seem to grasp is that not all of us can understand the gibberish of "well first you flip the dizzle and insert >>>left font X<<< and then...." the instructions would make more sence in Vulcan than they do in tech talk..</p>

(Pictured below... a beautiful???? lady who apparently got her hands on a Cenobite Puzzle Box)

This is because of an applied pose, designed for a figure other than Genesis and saved before 4.5.0.114, that changes the rotation order. This breaks the binding to the rig. If the same scene is created in 4.5.0.114 that won't happen as DAZ Studio won't let you change the rotation order thought he pose will still work, as well as it did before.