Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    mori_mann said:

Nice renders :) Apart from the candles and fuzzing up the cat (my coffee grinder of a puter hates LAMH, sadly), you may want to look at clipping on the lady's dress, too. Her foot is poking through and there are som little bits where the dress poke through the apron. Sometimes adapting smoothing and/or collission can help there. Or morphing. Or even hiding the offending parts on teh figure ;)

Keep rendering :D

Thank you!  Missed the foot darn it.  I was having serious trouble with that apron and dress.  I have both smoothing and collision going on but totally forgot about hiding body parts thank you!

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

You're welcome :) I forget stuff like that all the time when there's more than one thing going on in my scene. Some clothing sets are more than a little frustrating that way.

mori_mann said:

You're welcome :) I forget stuff like that all the time when there's more than one thing going on in my scene. Some clothing sets are more than a little frustrating that way.

So I am discovering lol.  So much to learn and remember!

edited March 2016

Just a base goblin character. I can't say enough good things about the Randomizer.  This is G2M and the randomizer.  I haven't done any skin or eyes or anything at all yet this is just a starting point.  But I really like him lol.

Goblin Base Character.png
    800 x 800 - 509K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited March 2016

Pensive

Pensive.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

I saw this over at dA, really like the mood. What is the dress?

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Really like this, Sonja.  It is a little dark and that adds to the somber feeling, but you still have some nice shadows going on.  I love her pose and feeling of reflection or sorrow.  Nice job!

Thank you both!  the dress is MFD for G2F with Heaven Sent.

I spent like an hour trying to figure out WHY I could not the lighting to show and then realized it was a sky dome for 3Delight and was blocking out the sun etc in Iray lol.

I spent like an hour trying to figure out WHY I could not the lighting to show and then realized it was a sky dome for 3Delight and was blocking out the sun etc in Iray lol.

Yep, done that myself.  I recently did that with one of FirstBastion's sets.  I loaded it, loaded in Iray World Skies and then couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting what I normally would get with that skydome.  After about 40 minutes and several test renders later, I look and FirstBastion's set has a skydome and I didn't notice so, of course, the Iray one wasn't getting though!  I felt so dumb!  And, I know most of his stuff comes with skydomes.  I don't know why I didn't check that first!

Yep, done that myself.  I recently did that with one of FirstBastion's sets.  I loaded it, loaded in Iray World Skies and then couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting what I normally would get with that skydome.  After about 40 minutes and several test renders later, I look and FirstBastion's set has a skydome and I didn't notice so, of course, the Iray one wasn't getting though!  I felt so dumb!  And, I know most of his stuff comes with skydomes.  I don't know why I didn't check that first!

Hahaha it was one of FirstBastions sets actually lol.  That's so funny!

Boy, aren't we a pair!  laugh

Boy, aren't we a pair!  laugh

Well, you know, great minds think alike and all that lolwink

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,312

I apologize for my skydome! wink

But for the record,  this has happened to me too.  Since the new year,  I build the 3DL set first and then take it the Iray computer to optimize the materials and lighting, for the first two sets in January,  I was asking myself why is everything looking so dark.  I have like 50 million lumens shining on the scene.  It was the dome. 

We all learn by doing.  laugh

I apologize for my skydome! wink

But for the record,  this has happened to me too.  Since the new year,  I build the 3DL set first and then take it the Iray computer to optimize the materials and lighting, for the first two sets in January,  I was asking myself why is everything looking so dark.  I have like 50 million lumens shining on the scene.  It was the dome. 

We all learn by doing.  laugh

Oh don't apologize lol.  I use both 3delight and Iray so it works with and without for me.  As long as I remember to look!  I thought about making it emissive but at that point, it was far too late on a night before work and I was just so happy to figure it out!

@FirstBastion It is nice to know event the experts have problems, at times!  Just don't stop making the skydomes to go with your sets!  I may forget they are there, but I like knowing there are some vendors, like you, that I can count on to consistently take the time to include them.

@FirstBastion It is nice to know event the experts have problems, at times!  Just don't stop making the skydomes to go with your sets!  I may forget they are there, but I like knowing there are some vendors, like you, that I can count on to consistently take the time to include them.

Totally agree.

edited March 2016

Please ignore trying to work something out and need a spot to park a screen shot lol.

FF screenshot.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 320K
    OFW_Pk2_FrTxt012.jpg
    411 x 334 - 69K
    edited March 2016

You know there is a thread just for parking images here in the Art Forum Studio.  But, parking them here works, too.  smiley

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

You know there is a thread just for parking images here in the Art Forum Studio.  But, parking them here works, too.  smiley

Ya I know but this way I can just delete and put something else in when I'm done lol

Didn't think of that! Just PM'd you again with your solution! I hope!

Didn't think of that! Just PM'd you again with your solution! I hope!

Pm'd you back lol. Its past midnight so I will give it a try tomorrow.  thanks again!

edited March 2016

Testing out the easy presets for the new Iray Render Studio.  The presets are very easy to use but make sure you set the preset first and not the rest of the scene or characters as it loads as a new scene.  If you get this READ the pdf it will be very difficult to figure out how things work if you don't.  The pdf is super easy to follow though.

Iray Render Studio Test.jpg
    639 x 682 - 302K

Sonja, if you right click on the preset, it should bring up the menu so you can select 'merge with scene'.  I haven't played with all of the presets yet.  That one is really purple!  Much as I love that color, I'm thinking that might be a bit too much. :)

Read the PDF?  Where would the fun in that be?  wink

I like your figure's pose.  Very nicely set up.

Sonja, if you right click on the preset, it should bring up the menu so you can select 'merge with scene'.  I haven't played with all of the presets yet.  That one is really purple!  Much as I love that color, I'm thinking that might be a bit too much. :)

Read the PDF?  Where would the fun in that be?  wink

I like your figure's pose.  Very nicely set up.

Hahaha I know, I usually like to learn the hard way but after two hours I broke down and read it lol.  I did not know abou the merge with scene button that would have been most helpful to have....

And I agree the purple is a bit much and far different from what I would normally do but I wanted to test it out as is so to speak lol.

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Reminds me of an image I did a while back when testing Jepes effects in iRay  (before they were iRay updated!) It was VERY blue lighting wise which actually worked out in the end, I forgot to delete the blue lighting do when I rendered the final scene with it all set up there was a nice subtle blue magical hue underlying the image, fab happy accident! 

Some great renders here Sonja, awesome work :)

Thank you Ka1 I really appreciate the kind words!  I wish I had more time to devote to doing this lol. And happy accidents are the best!  I just bought most of Jepe's stuff when it went on sale (the bundle deals were insane) and I just haven't had any time to do anything with it.  And I still have not recoverd from the loss of my custom categories on my pc which is my main rendering computer.  the laptop works but it sometimes struggles a wee bit.  I am up to re categorizing G2F hair.   Will be starting on that probably tomorrow night. Finished the clothing items last night. And I haven't even loaded any of the content I purchased elsewhere or the massive amount of freebies I have.  Probaby be another week or two at least of two or three hours after work every night.  When its done though I should be able to find everything in no time.  I re vamped it since I had to do it over and am cross referencing a lot of stuff so I can kitbash easily.

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Thank you Ka1 I really appreciate the kind words!  I wish I had more time to devote to doing this lol. And happy accidents are the best!  I just bought most of Jepe's stuff when it went on sale (the bundle deals were insane) and I just haven't had any time to do anything with it.  And I still have not recoverd from the loss of my custom categories on my pc which is my main rendering computer.  the laptop works but it sometimes struggles a wee bit.  I am up to re categorizing G2F hair.   Will be starting on that probably tomorrow night. Finished the clothing items last night. And I haven't even loaded any of the content I purchased elsewhere or the massive amount of freebies I have.  Probaby be another week or two at least of two or three hours after work every night.  When its done though I should be able to find everything in no time.  I re vamped it since I had to do it over and am cross referencing a lot of stuff so I can kitbash easily.

I wish I had the patience to do this, I still find random content I forgot I had there because it's tucked away! The search doesn't do too badly and I generally am finding my way through the content tab a lot quicker than I used to, still custom categories would be a blast if I could sort it!

KA1 said:

I wish I had the patience to do this, I still find random content I forgot I had there because it's tucked away! The search doesn't do too badly and I generally am finding my way through the content tab a lot quicker than I used to, still custom categories would be a blast if I could sort it!

Well it wasn't so bad when I first started... But now I have a huge amount of content to go through so its literally taking a couple of weeks.  But, it will be beautiful and easy to use when its done.  I break things down for instance - People - Gen 2 Female - Clothing- Dresses - etc.  Or Buildings & Scenes - Medieval Fantasy - etc.  Then I cross reference say boots and shoes into another categorie so all the boots and shoes for Gen2F are in one spot to kit bash. I just have to glance at the category and can see all of the shoes and boots I have for G2F (the boots or shoes are also under say, outfits or dresses if they go with a particular item) Very fast once its done.  Its just the original that takes so long.  And upgrading wiped the whole thing....

This discussion has been closed.