MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

That alien skin is awesome, as are a lot of the competition entries. I don't envy the judge!

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

I am glad I don;t judge the entries .. it will be done by my friends that does not do 3D at all or use DS so they will judge by the work and ideas without influence  

That alien skin is awesome, as are a lot of the competition entries. I don't envy the judge!

edited March 2016

Btw you can plug into your genesis textures as shown in the preview, change the Tile to 1 - 1  so it fit the genesis maps and left the rest unchanged , if you want to have finer effect change the base green color tilling under image editor and the same for translucent weight ( the gray image ) and glossy this way the genesis textures will not be tiled .

here with genesis skin 

alien skin6-setting.jpg
    1059 x 410 - 198K
    alien skin6.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 442K
    Post edited by MEC4D on

here setting for more human clone out the water skin effect , I scaled all images to level 3 under image editor , only genesis skin under translucent is 1-1

and changed the upper dermis color 

alien skin7-setting.jpg
    1633 x 404 - 271K
    alien skin7.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 539K
  • I love the range of shaders in this pack!
    Here is my entry for the competition.
    I used: Jeans Green- hat, Dirty Cotton Green- shirt, Tarpauline Dark Green- trousers and Leather Worn Green- boot laces.
    I also used a few of the different Used Gold shaders from vol 1 for the coins and clothing.
    Rainbow was added to backgroud in Photoshop. The Leprechaun was kit-bashed together from two diffrerent figures, with morphs added for the ears.

Leprechauns Gold.jpg
    800 x 800 - 225K

That's cute render :)

talking about clones :)  

Alien skin edited ( no genesis textures)

Some metals from vol.2

and volumetric water from vol.2

additional modeling in Zbrush

genepool_mec4d_nvidia_iray.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 413K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

I think I'm going to redo Fearing Green... the tip about translucency is good, and I was a little unhappy with how the worm came out before.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

Hopefully my render will stil be available - I kicked it off before heading out for the weekend ;)

Bit improved...

Fearing Green2.jpg
    1404 x 1080 - 1M
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

Not sure I should post it having seen how great the others are, but ...

StPaddy.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I so wanted to do this but I am having massive content issues that I need to fix before I can do anything else. Lots of fun renders here though I am really enjoying what you guys are doing!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I believe I'll have to withdraw. A situation has developed and I may not be doing 3d stuff for a considerable time. :( Wouldn't be right if I won a spot that could go to someone able to use the prize. (on the off chance I'd win that is, there's some really good entries so far and days to go.)  My entries can be disregarded and I'll remove them from the thread if you wish.

Oh no I hope everything is okay!  It would be such a shame if you can't continue I have been really enjoying your art!

And here's a third. Experimenting with plastic as a geoshell 'skin' on the skin.

Green guy.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 565K

Great guys!

well 5 hours left to the finale! 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    edited March 2016

Thanks for the green shaders! Here's a few in use: 

• Rug - Tarpauline Dark Green
    • Floor - Concrete Painted Green
    • Candles - ABS Plastic Green
    • Candle Stand - Old Car Rusted Paint Green
    • Candle Jewels - Porcelain Green
    • Columns - Mossy Stone
    • Wall Panel - Polymer Olive Green
    • Dress Top - Leather Worn Green
    • Dress Skirt - Dirty Cotton green
    • Hair - Latex Green

I'm looking forward to the release of your new set.

Green Dream

St Pats.jpg
    640 x 800 - 742K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited March 2016

I almost missed out on this contest, working on "stuff" for the hubby. Phew! Made it just in time. I hope my entry won't be disqualified as it is a revamp of an earlier render. When Dragon Queen for G3F came out, I "quickly" slapped together a tongue-in-cheek render with M7 wearing the outfit. I had to use Wyvern 2.0 because I didn't have Dragon 3.0. I think this is a much better image, and pretty much only the pose of M7 and DQ outfit is the same.

Go Ahead. Ham It Up, Draco.

Go Ahead. Ham it up, Draco. By L'Adair

I finally figured out how to use the geometry tool and tool settings, and created a "bodysuit" for Michael 7 The bodysuit, the ties in his hair, and the wing membranes all use Leather Worn Green. On the Dragon Queen outfit, the bracers and vambraces of the arms and the thighs and greaves of the boots use Tarpauline Dark Green, as does all of the skin on the dragon. (It looks a lot like scales!) I think that's Latex Green on his fingernails. And finally, the stairs, (from one of the pieces of Fantasy Castle 2011 Castle Keep,) and the cube primative landing platform use Mossy Stone. (The photo in the background is one of mine, taken in 2007 somewhere in Central Oregon, near the small town of Shaniko.)

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    edited March 2016

Welp! My first time entering a Daz contest. Here's two that I've done over the weekend. I guess they are related story wise :)

Thank you for the awesome shaders!!!

Image 1:
    Hood: Dirty Cotton Green
    Cloak: Jeans Green
    Sleaves: Leather Worn Green
    Scarf: ABS Plastic Green
    Jewelry in the headpiece: Porcelain Jade 
    Book Cover Circle:  Alien Skin Green1
    Mountains in the back: Mossy Stone (Under snow :)

Image 2: 
    Hood: Jeans Green
    Cloak: Jeans Green
    Scarf: ABS Plastic Worn Green
    Rocks: Mossy Stone 
    Wrist jewelry: Porcelain Jade

jeremyd_girlwithcrows1.jpg
    1199 x 963 - 1M
    jeremyd_girlwithcrows2.jpg
    1199 x 995 - 915K
    Post edited by JeremyD on

Great new entries !  I am glad I don't have to choice the winners.. it will be too hard ! 

@JeremyD just for clarification  it is not DAZ contest but  MEC4D's mini contest ;) unless you mean "Daz Studio"

@timmins.william yeah! so much better !

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    MEC4D said:

Great new entries !  I am glad I don't have to choice the winners.. it will be too hard ! 

@JeremyD just for clarification  it is not DAZ contest but  MEC4D's mini contest ;) unless you mean "Daz Studio"

@timmins.william yeah! so much better !

Oh yup I mean Daz Studio :) 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Oh, I asked this in the iRay thread but it's probably better asked here - in Part III of the iRay thread was Corey 6 done without any textures just PBR settings I believe. Are those settings and similar ones part of the PBR Product from MECD in the DAZ Store?

No ..vol 4 will have the all stuff together in one place  .. the product in the store does not have any skin setting what is vol.1 

in vol.4 I will have cartoon skins and all types from monsters to human , with amazing eyes included for  both G3F and G3M but before that vol.2 vol 3 and merchant resource will be released with other stuff

Oh, I asked this in the iRay thread but it's probably better asked here - in Part III of the iRay thread was Corey 6 done without any textures just PBR settings I believe. Are those settings and similar ones part of the PBR Product from MECD in the DAZ Store?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited March 2016

Meltdown in the Sculpture Garden

Start talking or you'll end up like your buddy over there!

Shaders used:

Melted Statue: Green Plastic Bag
    Statues from left:
       Old Car Aba Green
       Concrete Painted Green
       Old Car Rusted Paint Green
       ABS Plastic Grainy Green with Geometry Shell using Jeans Green with cutout mask
       Mossy Stone
    Vines on 2nd Statue: ABS Plastic Green (leaf), ABS Plastic Worn Green (leaf), ABS Plastic Grainy Green (branch)
    Alien:
       Alien Skin Green (skin)
       Leather Worn Green (socks)
       Tarpaulin Dark Green (pants)

The HDRI is one I purchased that does not require attribution and is useable for commercial renders.

Meltdown in the Sculpture Garden.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited March 2016
    MEC4D said:

No ..vol 4 will have the all stuff together in one place  .. the product in the store does not have any skin setting what is vol.1 

in vol.4 I will have cartoon skins and all types from monsters to human , with amazing eyes included for  both G3F and G3M but before that vol.2 vol 3 and merchant resource will be released with other stuff

OK, I'll experiment myself waiting for Volume 4, which might be a bit of time yet...thanks.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

In main time I will probably submit some samples for you all for testing out before the release so stay tuned ! 

MEC4D said:

OK, I'll experiment myself waiting for Volume 4, which might be a bit of time yet...thanks.

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,148
    edited March 2016

I believe I'll have to withdraw. A situation has developed and I may not be doing 3d stuff for a considerable time. :( Wouldn't be right if I won a spot that could go to someone able to use the prize. (on the off chance I'd win that is, there's some really good entries so far and days to go.)  My entries can be disregarded and I'll remove them from the thread if you wish.

Oh no I hope everything is okay!  It would be such a shame if you can't continue I have been really enjoying your art!

It got sorted out. The initial post was from when i was in a lot of pain and the best estimate I could get had me paying a massive out-of-pocket. Turned out when xrays were done that a simpler procedure could resolve the issue. 

Post edited by TesseractSpace on
    MEC4D said:

In main time I will probably submit some samples for you all for testing out before the release so stay tuned ! 

MEC4D said:

Thanks. Will do.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    JeremyD said:

Welp! My first time entering a Daz contest. Here's two that I've done over the weekend. I guess they are related story wise :)

With renders like that there's definitely no reason for you to shy away from contests. Good to see you decided to join this one.yes 

isidorn said:
    JeremyD said:

With renders like that there's definitely no reason for you to shy away from contests. Good to see you decided to join this one.yes 

They are interesting.

Here some little preview of physically based skin that does not use any texture maps as we usual do .. and all you see is generated by colors only ..no photos 

The layers are constructed the way it works in real world for comparison fragment of a skin photo just from different part of the body

I did not finished yet with the skin but you can also see the little hair on the edges (fuzz ) and of course it is big scale of a rough skin

also now when you have scar build in the model morph or normal it will looks like a scar depends of how deep it get how more it will be  prominent and the same for wrinkles 

of course human skin has different texture on different areas , so all it will be controlled by normal maps that in this case need to be perfect and the best 3D normal maps and not just converted from photos

anyway I am on my way cracking the rest of the codes .. hehe

skin-human-test6.jpg
    1785 x 593 - 431K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Wow!