Contest~~Because I Said So!~~Jan / Feb

13»

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    RGcincy said:

I voted too, quick this time. 

Novica said:

I am going to find them and offer to treat the kids to a day at the ranch with my horse Stetson. Kids love horses and I'm hoping this will restore faith in people- I know as a child I certainly would be crushed at having someone be so mean.

Any luck contacting the family? 

I went by there yesterday and no one at the home. The cars are still turned over- so sad! Debris all along the street (we have 100,000 cubic tons according to the paper.)  I'm going to try later in the afternoon/evening to give them time to get home from work and get back over to their house. If I don't catch them tomorrow I'll send them a letter. I guess people are having their mail re-directed since there's a lot of mailboxes flattened/gone. 

MelanieL said:

Well, I never did get round to making an entry, but at least I managed to vote! Well done to all the entrants and good luck!

Thanks Melanie! 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I have voted and good luck to all this month, I think next months is going to even more fun!!!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Just finished voting!  Nice renders guys!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654

I voted. smiley

Today is the last day to vote. And for the March/April contest, Gopherus has us off to a GREAT start on the renders where we supply the funny captions. Remember, don't put your suggestions in the Entry thread, put it in the Guidelines (chat) thread, which is linked in the first post from the link I'm giving you. 

Busy day, a lot of errands- but I'm working on the results and will post them sometime today!

edited March 2016

And the winners are...

First Place: Stampede!   (Gopherus)

Second Place: Positive Reinforcement   (Lyam)

Third Place: Cactus Growth Hormone   (RGcincy)

Fourth Place: Dreaming  (Lucy45)

ONE POINT split the third and fourth places, Gopherus squeaked by Lyam by THREE POINTS. (Points, not votes!) All entries received multiple votes- well done!

contestAnFebStamp1st.jpg
    727 x 895 - 632K
    contestAnFebPositReinWIN.jpg
    703 x 900 - 489K
    contestAnFebCactGrowWINjpg.jpg
    850 x 850 - 632K
    contestAnFebDreamWIN.jpg
    899 x 687 - 472K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Thanks for your votes and congratulations to the other winners!

I will be PM'ing the contestants with their numbers for the drawing for the $5 Random Winner Gift Card. And BEFORE the drawing, I want to let everyone know that beginning with the March/April contest, you can NOT win the Random Winner two consecutive months in a row. The purpose is to reward participants and I want that spread around. With the lower number of participants, it's very likely someone could keep winning it (nothing against you Saphirewild, I love ya to death!) so this ensures the "thanks for participating" gets spread around. This is a NEW rule and does not apply to this upcoming drawing. (If Saphirewild wins again, kudos and it's well deserved!) I'm going to be asking SereneNight to draw numbers again but first let me get the PM's sent. 

They will be different numbers than what you had previously, SereneNight only has the numbers and not the names, she draws pieces of paper and does not randomly select a number. She'll post the number here. Good luck! (Give me about 30 minutes) 

SereneNight will be posting the winner number around 8pm Pacific time!

Gopherus said:

Thanks for your votes and congratulations to the other winners!

You made me laugh out loud!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129

I voted, too.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

Congratulations to all! Hope the upcoming contest has more participants (hint, hint).

• LyamLyam Posts: 137

Whoohoo! Second Place!

Thank you everyone. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

Hi:

The winner is number laugh56!laugh

Congratulations!

56 is RGcincy.  I'll be sending your $5 gift card code via PM shortly. Enjoy! 

Thanks SereneNight, appreciate it. Back to your Sci-Fi...

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Congratulations to the winners and an extra congratulations to the lucky RGcincy too!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

That was unexpected. Thanks Novica for your generosity!

RGcincy said:

That was unexpected. Thanks Novica for your generosity!

My pleasure. Go buy Rabbicus some carrots.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Congrats, guys.  All great images!

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950

Congratulations. Very nice pictures everyone.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Congrads ev1 well done!!

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

awesome job all

Congrats to all