Contest ~ ENTRIES ~ Because I Said So!~~ March-April

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited March 2016 in Art Studio

Please read the Guidelines for the contest and place only your entries in this thread. The emphasis is on funny interpretation of the renders below. The viewers are submitting THEIR captions for the following renders over in the Guidelines thread, then the artist will place the suggestions below the render. Have fun with it- and remember- HUMOR is the focus! So have fun with the new Humorous Interpretation renders!

NO COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD. It is for entries only. Thank you! USE THE LINK FOR THE GUIDELINES- THAT IS THE CHAT THREAD AND WHERE YOU SUGGEST YOUR CAPTIONS. HAVE FUN!!!!

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited April 2016

Gopherus #01

WINNING CAPTION:  "Madam, I would avoid the white ones- that parrot has been flying back and forth over them all afternoon."   (MelanieL)

Aztec weapons of War  TransPond s Tropical Plant Mega Pack   Curious Tea Drink Me

"Noooo I missed tea time!" — isidorn

"Stop! Stop! More guests are coming!" — RGcincy

"Stop sir! You're not the groom! You're to be the wedding's human sacrifice at the end of the tea ceremony!" — Lyam

"Don't eat those! They're frosted cow patties!" — Novica

"Madam, I'd avoid the white ones - that parrot has been flying back and forth over them all afternoon!" — MelanieL

"I'd like to have you for dinner...oops... I mean have you over for dinner" – RGcincy

at a Jungle frat party " Drink drink drink " – XaatXuun

"The Tea Is Great Here, I promise ya" — Saphirewild

"Sir!  Sir!!  Pele was red-carded!  Manchester United has beaten the Brazilian national team one-nil in overtime!  The Brazilian fans are furious!" — Gopherus

"Handle it, seargent major!  You know that I want nothing to interrupt me when I'm enjoying high tea and scones." — Gopherus

gopherus01.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 928K
    Post edited by Gopherus on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited April 2016

Novica  #1

WINNING CAPTION:  "Let him keep the sports section! I'm sure not going to climb in there to get it back!"  (Provided By Gopherus) 

Mysterious Tomb               Nomad (Genesis 3 Males / Females)                     P3D Fukiko

"Let him keep the sports section! I'm sure not going to climb in there to get it back!"      (Gopherus)

"It's your turn to drill. It's the third tooth on the left."   (RGcincy)

"Eeurgh, great morning breath, fella!"    (Melanie)

"This guy's definitely not in the tourist guide!"  (FirstBastion)

"I told you we took a wrong turn at Albuquerque."  (FirstBastion)

"Get out of there Joe! That's not the cave entrance!"  (RGcincy)

"I don't have to outrun him! I only have to outrun you!!"     (Gopherus)

"GrWoow, guys, Thems ssome cool hats, where'ssssss can I getsssss one?"   (XaatXuun)

"How We Going To Get Outta Here Now?"    (Saphirewild)

KukikoDragonAdLabSIG.jpg
    845 x 780 - 743K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    edited April 2016

RGcincy  #1

WINNING CAPTION:  "Igor, I need you to catch another million fireflies before this light goes out!"   (Provided by Gopherus)

The Mad Chemistry Lab Bundle

Mec4D Unshaven 2 for Genesis 2 Males

Work Clothes for Genesis 2 Males

"Three measures of Gordon’s, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Add a large thin slice of lemon peel... Shaken not stirred!  SHAKEN NOT STIRRED!!!  Tell Miss Moneypenny to clear her dance card.  I'm on my way!"    (Gopherus)

"yes! yes!  vunderbarr... I have discovers the cure for crooked teeth..."    (FirstBastion)

"Hilda! Look what I found in my nose!"   (isidorn)

"The Fountain of Seniors!...Uh oh, now where did I put that OTHER bottle..."      (Novica)

"Mary, come quickly, I've had a bright idea!"            (MelanieL)

"Professor, please may I be excused? Can't wait too long at my age"     (MelanieL)

"Igor, I need you to catch another million fireflies before this light goes out!"     (Gopherus)

"Do the Goo!"      (XaatXuun)

"I did it I made the perfect potion for greed!"     (Saphirewild)

Great Discovery.jpg
    980 x 1200 - 843K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    edited April 2016

isidorn #1

Winning caption:  "I told you, it was just a friendly kiss, and she's my...um...cousin. Yeah, that's it, my cousin!"  (by Novica)

A Curious Passage

Kelly for Victoria 7

Medieval Village: The Shootingplace

"Her aim has gotten better since the King married someone else!"              (Knittingmommy)

"I told you, it was just a friendly kiss, and she's my...um...cousin. Yeah, that's it, my cousin!"     ( Novica)

"You might get a better angle if you took off those stupid high heel boots- where on earth did you find a pair like that?"     (Melanie)

"When Aiden took the job as arrow boy he thought it was going to be a cake walk...after all who could miss at that range...but that was before he saw how ditsy Kelly was with the bow!"     (Gopherus)

"Now who's the dummy?"    (RGcincy)

"I gotta tell you, since your bow is pointed right at my heart, that it's my least vulnerable spot."   (Gopherus)

Remember, in battle our own faction will be in the mist, now, any thing you see that is blue or red shoot it, and any thing white and Black , don't shoot . . and .. . wait   . not "now" (XaatXuun)

"Let's see which dummy I can hit today."   (Saphirewild)

"Luc was fervently re-evaluating the benefits of his new job opportunity!" (ablaze) 

"Hey, wait! What do you mean you left your glasses in the other pants?  you can't call those pants! "  (FirstBastion)

"What? Wait! huh?  No one said nothing about "moving target" practice! "   (FirstBastion)

Aegis

Archery for Gia

Fantasy Ranger for Genesis 3 Female(s)

FWSA Aiden HD for Michael 7 with Fraser Hair

Hunter Queen for Genesis 3 Female(s) with Hunter Queen Textures

iRadiance - HDRI Variety Pack One

Lucius for Leo 7 with Jonas Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s)

Medieval Training

Peasant Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s) with Medieval Countrymen

Weapons of War

Archer.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 729K
    Post edited by isidorn on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    edited April 2016

RGcincy #2

WINNING CAPTION: "It's my rock now and I'm not giving it back!"  (Provided by Knittingmommy)

Winter Terrains For DAZ Studio

Raw Dwarfology

DAZ Dragon 3

"A hot sauna, an invigorating roll in snow, a pumice stone rub down, and now Melvin patiently awaits the tick-dragons to remove his parasites" (Gopherus)     

"Well what did you expect when you only paid for the discounted gym membership- real weights?"   (Novica)   

"You can tell your Mother of Dragons that I will not help her conquer Westeros, even if she gives me a turtle to scratch my itching feet. I want no part in your Games of Thrones.   (Lyam)   

"You guys distract him, I'm going for the Achilles heel."  (FirstBastion)   

"It's my rock now and I'm not giving it back!"   (Knittingmommy)   

"So tell me guys, where exactly do you want your wockewy?"     (MelanieL)

"Go away, this is my Cookie"          (XaatXuun)

"I just need to hit him here cause the bigger they are the harder they fall!"        (Saphirewild)

"The lonely traveller crosses the great divide totally unaware of the galactic forces unleashed above him.  In his limited world view dragons and titans cannot exist, so all he sees is unusual clouds."      (Gopherus)

Mr. Turtle and the Conspicuous Interloper

Ogre in Mountain.jpg
    1080 x 1200 - 910K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited April 2016

Gopherus #02

WINNING CAPTION:  "I may be unlucky at cards, but looks like I'm lucky in love! She even likes my red hair."  (MelanieL)

The Old West Saloon Interior  Mafioso  Varsel's 18th Century Suit  

"She just couldn't wait to see who lost!"  — Novica

"This wasn't in the rules!" – RGcincy

"At least I don't have to go with the Leprechaun maid!" — RGcincy

"That Leprechaun took one look at her and hit the bottle." — Novica

"I may be unlucky at cards, but looks like I'm lucky in love! She even likes my red hair." — MelanieL

"And the owner wonders why the bar down the street is getting more business."  — Novica

"We got a great game going here, the luck of the Irish is shining on us tonight" — Saphirewild

Ross was certain: "We were on a break!" — Ablaze

"Dudes!  This is the best bachelor party ever!!" — Gopherus

"You may have gotten the old maid... but the old maid' has got me!!" — Gopherus

saloon02.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 696K
  • LyamLyam Posts: 137
    edited April 2016

Lyam #1

WINNING CAPTION:    "Sigh ... he's such a handsome devil."   by MelanieL

Dolly by Addy

Lil Bub Toon Devil

Tatiana Hair

"(Thinking) Maybe I should add saggy six pack abs too... and a bottle of bleach in his hand." - Novica

"Look out Picasso, here I come!" - Novica

"The eyes can be decieved, paint what your heart sees!" - Gopherus

"When the only color you have left is red, everything starts looking red!" - Gopherus

"Sigh ... he's such a handsome devil." - MelanieL

(red devil) "Be careful what you wish for,  you might just get it" - FirstBastion

"This is what I think of you Mr. Supermodel!" - (Saphirewild)

"What was I thinking? It must have been that deviled ham I ate for lunch." - (RGcincy)

Lyam#1.jpg
    1000 x 1296 - 1M
    Post edited by Lyam on
    edited April 2016

Gopherus #03

WINNING CAPTION:  "Ohhh, think I caught a big one this time for sure."   (FirstBastion) 

Millennium Puppy  Anjiru  Songbird ReMix Sea Birds 2  

(Dolphin) " Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can fit through that ring - maybe if I breathe in a bit?" — MelanieL

"ohhh,  think I caught a big one this time for sure" — FirstBastion

"Stop trying to eat them!  These are not goldfish crackers!" — Lyam

"Yesss! I made the catch of the day!" — Saphirewild

"Fish just ain't biting today I guess." — RGcincy

"Thank you Flipper. A few more if you please." — RGcincy

(Bird to Dog) "You did NOT catch that, you liar! My friend saw you take it out of the bucket!" — Novica

"Whelp, we've found three of the tires...now find the rest of the car and we'll have a sweeeeet ride."  — Novica

"Like, dude!  I'm so BORED!!  Nothing ever happens here!  Nothing's even biting.  But if you can snag 3 more tires we can take your dad's rusted jalopy off the blocks and into the city." — Gopherus

Edo Bridge2.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 802K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited April 2016

Saphirewild #1

WINNING CAPTION: "The animatronic cat was still great as a chick magnet, but the poor old magic bus has definitely lost its mojo."  (Gopherus)

Rundown Bus Home

Pirate Lady Outfit

Jestor Outfit

Saphirewild #1

"How much longer do I have to stay on the naughty seat?"    (MelanieL)    

"The animatronic cat was still great as a chick magnet, but the poor old magic bus has definitely lost its mojo."  (Gopherus)  

"Let's have a circus! We can sell tickets to raise money to repaint the clubhouse!"     (Gopherus)

"We have the stage. We have the costumers. But what happened to the audience?"  (RGcincy) 

"How much did you say the rent was again?"    (RGcincy)   

"Sooner or later the school's gonna miss their mascot. The bus, not so much."  (Novica)   

"Trust me, babe. This is how we get our own Reality TV Show. We don't need talent, just a gimmick. Now if i can only get Fluffy to walk on her hindlegs from now on."    (Lyam)   

"Sit! Stay! You're not giving me much to work with here."  (FirstBastion)

"Time to travel!  Gopherus went fishing to get some tires for us."   (Novica)

Because I Said So.jpg
    1500 x 927 - 284K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • Risk3DRisk3D Posts: 65

Alter because i said so...you'll get the joke

back and proud.dont even need the win just hugs from fellow CG artistes :P

ooh Masons Gardin Burger

Princess outfit

(they got me double posted....last Basic Iray...one can do wonders with that tech!...bonbon was pure iray hair...dont wanna spend 30 buck for something i can do on my own

Privlaged.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 823K
    edited March 2016

deleted, wrong thread.

Post edited by Novica on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited April 2016

luci45 #1

WINNING CAPTION: "What fireworks?"   (RGcincy)

Ron's Explosions  
    Clown Clan 2 HD 
    Jepe's PlateZ  

"When I asked if you could blow things up, I meant balloons for the USO show, NOT the doughnut shop!  What a disaster!!" (Gopherus)
    "You were supposed to save the fireworks for 4th of July!" "What? I had to test them to see if they're working." (isidorn)
    "Hey lady, I see you've got the hots for me - and I can tell you that it's mutual!" (MelanieL)
    "With a face like this,  what do you expect... hey bats wait up! " (FirstBastion)
    "You know what they say - War is a bad joke." (Lyam)

"I don't care what a crow told you, Mr. Draven!  This is not Devil's Night!  And this is NOT Detroit!" (Gopherus)

"You idiot,  I said to DX* the PT,  NOT the TNT!"  (Novica)

"What fireworks?"  (RGcincy)
    "I just wanted to shed some light on the situation."  (RGcincy)

*DX military term- formally means "to dispose of", but common slang for stop doing, preventing from happening. (I'm an ex-Army officer.)  PT is physical training, in the Army, usually very rigorous.

fire clowns.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 615K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited April 2016

luci45 #2

WINNING CAPTION: "There ya go, just like your favorite television show- Orange Is The New Black!"  (Novica)  
                                        "The perfect color for you! Everyone is going to notice you."   (RGcincy) 

Lady Elf Hair 
    Chez Lucille Hair Salon 
    Krayon Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)  

"There ya go, just like your favorite television show- Orange Is The New Black!'" (Novica)
     "Cousin It has never looked so good!  Red really becomes him!  Would he like to be gift wrapped or will you wear him home?" (Gopherus)
    "Well, maybe just a touch of vermillion lipstick and you'll look just great!" (MelanieL)
    "Look at the positive, Madam - this style makes your nose and ears look so much smaller!" (MelanieL)

"No worries!  I soak my fingers in a calming solution of Eucalyptus and Lavender to help my clients relax" (Gopherus)
    "I know!  Awesome right?  I've totally out done myself this time.  Best "do" I've done this week. (FirstBastion)

"The perfect color for you! Everyone is going to notice you."  (RGcincy)

at the salon.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 835K
    Post edited by luci45 on
    edited April 2016

Okay, I've gone over it twice, I think I got all the captions. I tested both surveys, already voted, and no glitches.

Each render is described for you, and the list of captions which were suggested are also listed. You will pick a first, second, and third choice caption FOR EACH RENDER. I STRONGLY recommend you look at the renders and make your selections before you go vote, as the columns are fairly narrow so the page is very long due to the lengthy narratives. It will make it a lot easier for you if you already know what captions you're looking for.  First place is 5 points, second place is 3 points, and 3rd place (which is really used as a tie breaking influence) is 1 point. 

Each render will have one winning caption. After the results are announced, I'd like to ask each artist to post the WINNING CAPTION in bold, as the title of the render, like we normally do. (I'll do mine as the first example, after we get the results.)  Voting starts now and ends April 23rd, midnight Daz Time. 

As usual, don't vote for yourself (aka, don't vote for your captions.)  This is bragging rights only, but let's keep the tradition of voting only for other people. PLEASE VOTE IN BOTH PARTS, PART 1 and PART 2. They wouldn't all fit in one survey.

This is a bit different this time, but again, if you don't vote, you (your caption) CAN NOT WIN. One entry was excluded as the person did not follow the guidelines.

Here is the voting thread    CLOSED. LINK REMOVED

Then please go to the voting thread  CLOSED. LINK REMOVED

Post edited by Novica on