PBS Metals , Metallic Plastics and Paints shaders for Iray [commercial] Just released

14567810»

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

That is almost true Szark , As I mentioned before sliding sliders for the eye is not PBR .. each material has specific standard measured level of reflection  that is the same for all PBR rendering ( not Gloss = roughness ) if you don't have proper metalicity maps you doing it for the eye , then you change the light and you do it again .. correct PBR values are always the same no matter the level of light brightness and btw Gloss is roughness of reflection, Reflection is specular .. 

Szark said:

In Simple terms having the Metalicity slider takes care of Gloss Weight, Reflection Weight, Anisotropy making them all redundant so you only need to deal with Roughness.  

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

I have to admit I don't have this pack yet so I haven't seen your settings. So what I can make out is that you don't use Metalicity but instead set up everything manually in line with PBR? 

• It might be better to start a general thread on metals in Iray rather than have the techncial talk steal the focus from this product-preview thread and have the technical discussion lost among the product comments.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547

It might be better to start a general thread on metals in Iray rather than have the techncial talk steal the focus from this product-preview thread and have the technical discussion lost among the product comments.

I agree.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I went all the way through the thread and didn't see it- what happened to the promised video showing how to use the product? It was asked about several times and I don't think I missed a link (but it's possible!)  Thanks.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

the best way is to use the shaders direct via My Library folders and not via Smart Content so you can see the correct folders with the correct shaders

select the surface, apply the desired base metal and after apply smart layer on top and if needed the correct scale of the tile 

for other materials like plastic you can add dust smart layer on top and scale for desire effect , the UVs of the model surface need to be correct as that are not procedural shader 

it is easy process all you need to do is see the folders in My library , base are materials that go first, layers are on top as second 

if you make mistake undo or reset the material 

Vol.2 has build in everything so not need to mix layers

Novica said:

I went all the way through the thread and didn't see it- what happened to the promised video showing how to use the product? It was asked about several times and I don't think I missed a link (but it's possible!)  Thanks.