Animation with Beach Boys music

Aneet ProductionsAneet Productions Posts: 61
edited May 2012 in Art Studio

This is an animation I made using Daz Studio 3 and animate. Vicktoria is kind of stiff in this video. Working on a new version using Daz Studio 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31PpS1gVVXA&feature=g-upl

Post edited by Aneet Productions on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

I liked it! The movement looked very realistic to me.

• Aneet ProductionsAneet Productions Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I liked it! The movement looked very realistic to me.

Thank you. :O)

• Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

:-) Made ME smile. I thought it was great.
    The red headed Victoria seemed just a tad slow. And it would be improved much if some of the characters were dancing together onscreen at the same time (or even all the characters. Very nice!

A question; I had been working on a rather involved animation (using Beach Boys Music ironically enough), but gave up on it because I was thinking I couldn't post it on You Tube without copyright violations.... How does that work? The way I understand You Tubes rules, your not supposed to use copyrighted music period. Seems to me like since there is no "sales" involved it would be OK - but they say the video would be removed :roll: . Does just using a "portion" of the song make it OK?

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

The red headed Victoria seemed just a tad slow. And it would be improved much if some of the characters were dancing together onscreen at the same time (or even all the characters. Very nice!

A question; I had been working on a rather involved animation (using Beach Boys Music ironically enough), but gave up on it because I was thinking I couldn't post it on You Tube without copyright violations.... How does that work? The way I understand You Tubes rules, your not supposed to use copyrighted music period. Seems to me like since there is no "sales" involved it would be OK - but they say the video would be removed :roll: . Does just using a "portion" of the song make it OK?

Basically, anytime you post something that involves copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright-holders on youtube, you're gambling that that nobody who cares will notice. All it takes is one viewer who disapproves and decides to report you to get the video pulled as I understand it. Now lots of copyrighted stuff shows up on youtube and stays there for a long time, because nobody rats them out, or because the copyright holders aren't particularly vigilant, or are willing to turn a blind eye for the sake of publicity. But it's still a gamble.

edited December 1969

Odaa said:

Basically, anytime you post something that involves copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright-holders on youtube, you're gambling that that nobody who cares will notice. All it takes is one viewer who disapproves and decides to report you to get the video pulled as I understand it. Now lots of copyrighted stuff shows up on youtube and stays there for a long time, because nobody rats them out, or because the copyright holders aren't particularly vigilant, or are willing to turn a blind eye for the sake of publicity. But it's still a gamble.

To your first question: You have to make sure you give credit to the original creator. They now use most peoples post to link to where people can purchase the music. They are very aware of what is going up.

As to the rest that is funny you should mention that about my animation. I am currently in the process of updating my animation. More refined moves, more life like and more characters. Thank you.

edited December 1969

The most important thing is to give credit where credit is due. They use to be real jerks about people using copyrighted material. Then they realized that it isn't so bad because it is basically free advertisement. There are still some that will not be happy. I know there is a link that shows music that is likely to raise some eyebrows. I will have to find the link. I am pretty sure the Beach Boys were not on that list. I will post the link if and when I find it. Oh one other thing I actually ask the original singers when possible if I can use their music. Actually waiting to hear back from a few of them. I don't know if they will respond but I at least tried.

• Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Fay68 said:
    Then they realized that it isn't so bad because it is basically free advertisement.
    That's what one would logically think... but we don't live in a very logical world.

I'm pretty sure the only one who would ever find my animation along with Beach Boys Music offensive, would be someone who just thought my animation was really terrible and did the music an injustice. :-) The chance of me receiving any money, or recognition, or value of any kind from "using" their music would be pretty remote to say the least. lol

Oh one other thing I actually ask the original singers when possible if I can use their music. Actually waiting to hear back from a few of them. I don't know if they will respond but I at least tried.

So what did Brian Wilson think about it? lol just kidding.

I think it is pretty much of a non-issue personally, but I got the impression the videos were just automatically removed - though I HAVE seen plenty of music accompanied videos of one sort or another...

Thanks for your replies.

edited December 1969

Fay68 said:
    Then they realized that it isn't so bad because it is basically free advertisement.
    That's what one would logically think... but we don't live in a very logical world.

I'm pretty sure the only one who would ever find my animation along with Beach Boys Music offensive, would be someone who just thought my animation was really terrible and did the music an injustice. :-) The chance of me receiving any money, or recognition, or value of any kind from "using" their music would be pretty remote to say the least. lol

Oh one other thing I actually ask the original singers when possible if I can use their music. Actually waiting to hear back from a few of them. I don't know if they will respond but I at least tried.

So what did Brian Wilson think about it? lol just kidding.

I think it is pretty much of a non-issue personally, but I got the impression the videos were just automatically removed - though I HAVE seen plenty of music accompanied videos of one sort or another...

Thanks for your replies.

I so wish Brian Wilson would see my video and give me a response. ;O)