Poser?

edited March 2016 in Poser Discussion

So, is DAZ moving away from products available for Poser?  All the New Releases seem to be DAZ Studio only.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• They haven't yet fully integrated what's coming over from Runtime DNA, plus a lot of the Published Artists here simply do not have any interest in trying to support three (if you include Iray) different rendering systems and two different product formats.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited February 2016

No, and with the merger with RDNA there will be even more support being as a big potion of their merchants are Poser only users

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Most PA's cater to what the crowd buys. I think most here buy Studio format as most are Daz users.

With the merger of RDNA, I'm thinking/hoping poser users move over with them (even though I'm not a poser user) and I would suspect with more poser users will come more poser compatable products.

One thing to keep in mind though, poser does not support the genesis figures (from what I've read) which would be why new release figures and clothing are Studio only.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

So, is DAZ moving away from products available for Poser?  All the New Releases seem to be DAZ Studio only.

Yes, that's been the case for some time now.  A lot of the old stuff is still available, e.g. for V4 and M4, and it works well for me in Carrara.  But I've got most of what I need from those products, just the occasional sale with big discounts might have an item I passed on at or near full price.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Most PA's cater to what the crowd buys. I think most here buy Studio format as most are Daz users.

With the merger of RDNA, I'm thinking/hoping poser users move over with them (even though I'm not a poser user) and I would suspect with more poser users will come more poser compatable products.

One thing to keep in mind though, poser does not support the genesis figures (from what I've read) which would be why new release figures and clothing are Studio only.

Only Genesis 3; Genesis 1 and 2 work in Poser using the DSON Importer.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380

You are partially correct. Genesis 1 and 2 can't be used straight out of the box with Poser. Whoever you can use them Via DSON importer. Genesis 3 however does not work in Poser.

• I guess I'm a bit of a dinosaur, but I remember when DAZ was only Poser and DAZ Studio didn't exist.  I don't mean anything against DAZ Studio, or its users, but would be nice if new products were offered for both, just seems like you're leaving out a lot of potential customers. 

•  

All three Genesis series models will work, it's just that there is no official support from DAZ or Smith Micro for Genesis 3.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited February 2016

There is a free utility to use Genesis 3 in Poser: https://www.renderosity.com/render-daz-genesis-3-in-poser-cms-18144

Note: Poser 11 or better is required

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

Just be certain you have Poser 11, regular or Pro version, before you try that. Far as I know, only the latest version of Poser can work the Genesis 3 magic.

• Byrdie said:

Just be certain you have Poser 11, regular or Pro version, before you try that. Far as I know, only the latest version of Poser can work the Genesis 3 magic.

Yes. It even says as much on the product page, I have editted my post to emphasize that.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Oops, I forgot about the Dson. I've never used poser so I forgot about that.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812

Apparently Poser stuff does not sell, a number of PA's say.

I buy it as it works in Carrara too better than duf but am in the minority apparently.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I hope that the RDNA merger will bring more Poser users here so that it will be financially viable for PA's to support Poser again.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127

One good thing is that the best and steepest sales here at DAZ over the last year have been on older Poser ready products so I think DAZ is still one of the best sources of Poser products.

• Moved to Poser Discussion since it was a question, not a Product Suggestion.

• beachlegsbeachlegs Posts: 475

There is a free utility to use Genesis 3 in Poser: https://www.renderosity.com/render-daz-genesis-3-in-poser-cms-18144

Note: Poser 11 or better is required

I got the Genesis 3 to show up in Poser 9 but you can not see her in the windown here was the reply from willdial-

Hi,

Since I don't use DIM or any other download managers, Genesis 3 is working fine for me. From what others have reported, DSON importer is having trouble it's back end files. One person found that adjusting the Writeable Runtime Folder setting in DSON preferences, seem to help.

• beachlegsbeachlegs Posts: 475

Wanted to add not sure what was ment by that or how to go about it but thought it best to leave well alone as I am not technically clever when it comes to these things and not sure if it is ok to do so anyway.

• fool said:

Apparently Poser stuff does not sell, a number of PA's say.

I buy it as it works in Carrara too better than duf but am in the minority apparently.

it would if G3 worked in poser, and I would take up my membership again if they did, but as it stands I feel cheated as I don't want to stop using a product that Daz got me to buy in its infancy and have stuck so rigidly with from P1 V1 V3 V4 M1 M2 M3 M4,

How about getting G3 to work in poser that would be superb for all!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026
    How about getting G3 to work in poser that would be superb for all!

DAZ can't do that alone, only SM can implement the features Poser needs for that.

• I've gotten the Genesis 3 Male to work in Poser Pro 2014.  I only invested in one Genesis 3 Male item along with a texture and probably won't invest in anymore because I have enough for the Genesis 1 and 2 figures.  My preference is still for the Mil 4 figures because I don't need a converter and don't have to fix a file to work without one.