FirstBastion's 2016 Upcoming Lineup [commercial]

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Coming soon

Vehicular Traffic Tunnel

This would be really cool for a zombie scene.....

• Zombies could work,  and maybe the tunnel half submerged in water,  and abandoned cars and maybe a bus or two.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219
    edited February 2016

Here's a Reality render for the Divided Highway.  And as always since the scene is props based,  you can move and remove many of the elements.  Like guard rails and noise barriers.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Zombies could work,  and maybe the tunnel half submerged in water,  and abandoned cars and maybe a bus or two.

Yes.... maybe a scene from Steven King's The Stand... where the they have to crawl through the tunnels to get out of manhattan...

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Tunnel Traffic is in my computer, and Divided Highway is in my cart. I hope it sells enough to encourage you to do a curve and an exit ramp

• Thanks for the support.  I'll see what I can do with a curved section and off ramp.  

Divided Highway is available now.  http://www.daz3d.com/divided-highway

Thanks for the support.  I'll see what I can do with a curved section and off ramp.  

Divided Highway is available now.  http://www.daz3d.com/divided-highway

I've got Divided Highway. Thanks for making it. I don't understand why you didn't do a promo overlooking the bridge. Great job, mate.

• I haven't had a chance to play with Tunnel Traffic,  yet, and Divided Highway will be downloading as soon as DIM figures out that there is something new ready to download.  Its just spinning its wheels right now.  Hopefully, I can set something up for one of them to render before I take my youngest to the movies here in a bit.

• Hi FirstBastion.

If I may ask, where'd you get the police car used in the Divided Highway promo pics? It doesn't appear to be the same police car sold at the Daz store.

• Hi FirstBastion.

If I may ask, where'd you get the police car used in the Divided Highway promo pics? It doesn't appear to be the same police car sold at the Daz store.

Hi it is Stonemason's City Ruins Vehicle police car,  the clean version.  There is no promo for it on the daz store  page  but it is in the package. 

• I have to hold off buying stuff this week or it would be in my cart already, I have the Vehicular Tunnel traffic set, it appears I can reverse the cars for Australia on the Highway, that is my main consideration with any street set.

• Hi FirstBastion.

Hi it is Stonemason's City Ruins Vehicle police car,  the clean version.  There is no promo for it on the daz store  page  but it is in the package. 

Cool.  Thanks!

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Another must-have (and I'm experiencing that feeling less and less over time), once the credit card resets end of the week

• fool said:

I have to hold off buying stuff this week or it would be in my cart already, I have the Vehicular Tunnel traffic set, it appears I can reverse the cars for Australia on the Highway, that is my main consideration with any street set.

I can appreciate that.  The traffic signals in the tunnels,  hanging from the ceiling are individual props so you could rotate them,  but it may be less work to go into the Textures folder and swap the names for the arrows and Xs,  since they are separate image files the conversion would only take a few minutes and then the flow would be reversed.  

edited March 2016

Coming soon Late Night Talk Show

late-night-talk-showiray-1stBastion.jpg
    720 x 540 - 148K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited March 2016

It took awhile to set up and then 2 days to render, but I finally managed to get something I liked for my first render with Divided Highway.  I hope you like it.  I had to learn a new postwork skill because I couldn't quite figure out how to do motion blur inside DS.  Another thing to add to my need to learn list.

Clicking on image should go to gallery page to see full size image.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

Coming soon Late Night Talk Show

Looks good. Might there be a bandstand off to the side by any chance?

It took awhile to set up and then 2 days to render, but I finally managed to get something I liked for my first render with Divided Highway.  I hope you like it.  I had to learn a new postwork skill because I couldn't quite figure out how to do motion blur inside DS.  Another thing to add to my need to learn list.

It's always great to learn new skills.  We're all constantly learning especially in this ever evolving 3D realm.  That's a particularly hard angle to get 2D post work blur to lineup with the motion of the scene.  Now if you could get motion blur inside DS,  that would be very cool.  It's not something I have tried.  But if you figure it out I'd like to hear how its done.  

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

It's always great to learn new skills.  We're all constantly learning especially in this ever evolving 3D realm.  That's a particularly hard angle to get 2D post work blur to lineup with the motion of the scene.  Now if you could get motion blur inside DS,  that would be very cool.  It's not something I have tried.  But if you figure it out I'd like to hear how its done.  

I think I have figured out a way, but I have to experiment a little more.  I'll let you know if I have indeed figured that out.  :)

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

That works for 3Delight; Iray motion blur in DAZ Studio is...well, to the best of my ability to tell, it's not possible yet.

I think they need to pass certain values to the Iray rendering engine in its API in order to render a scene that has motion blur, and I don't think that they do that yet...

--  Morgan

CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

That works for 3Delight; Iray motion blur in DAZ Studio is...well, to the best of my ability to tell, it's not possible yet.

I think they need to pass certain values to the Iray rendering engine in its API in order to render a scene that has motion blur, and I don't think that they do that yet...

--  Morgan

Oh, thanks for pointing that out.

edited March 2016

Looks good. Might there be a bandstand off to the side by any chance?

I decided to focus on the talk show set itself and included 60+  host-guest interaction poses,  ( meet, greet, talk, monologue, interview ) stuff like that. It does included a larger studio space surrounding the scene,  so there is room to add an additional stage at some point.

talk-show-night-time-poses-1stbastion.jpg
    1100 x 1000 - 509K

I decided to focus on the talk show set itself and included 60+  host-guest interaction poses,  ( meet, greet, talk, monologue, interview ) stuff like that. It does included a larger studio space surrounding the scene,  so there is room to add an additional stage at some point.

Thanks for the info. One more question: Is the show sign/logo a separate prop?

edited March 2016

One more question: Is the show sign/logo a separate prop?

Yes it is a separate prop,  it can be moved, removed, hidden or retextured. 

Gracias. BTW, you nailed Tunnel Traffic and Divided Highway. Thank you so much.

The Talk Show Late Night Set and Poses    Available Now.

Includes the scene,  60 full body everyday type sitting, standing, talking, monologuing,  interacting type poses,  another 12 partial  facial expression talking poses as well as head turned poses,  that are set up to be cumulative,  expressions plus the head turn plus the body pose.  Plus there's resets too.  

The guest chair also has built in squish and sitting morphs to make realistic posing a lot easier.  Plenty more promo images on the store page.

http://www.daz3d.com/talk-show-late-night-set-and-poses

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Beautiful! 

But: Why? Why? Why? Genesis2 Poses!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Renomista said:

Beautiful! 

But: Why? Why? Why? Genesis2 Poses!

It has Genesis 2 poses? Wow, that's great! So many of the new products only have poses for Genesis 3, even though we still have a lot more Gen 2 characters than Gen 3 ones.

• +1 for the G2 poses. I mean, there's a working conversion from G2 to G3, but so far I know of no way to do the opposite.