GENESIS 3

1235»

Comments

• Technically it isn't "Dual quaternion weight-mapping" - it's general weight mapping (one map per joint, instead of one per axis) with dual quaternion skin-binding controlled by the weight maps. The end result is the same though - switching the skin binding means it isn't exactly Genesis 3, and won't bend as well.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

This just hit my inbox, but it's too late tonite to have a look.  The download is free...

Would you like to Render DAZ Genesis 3 in Poser? Now you can with this FREE utility from willdial!

Want to render her with EXPRESSIONS and clothing that fits? You can do that too!

Renderosity presents an Exclusive FREE package to get your Genesis 3 rendering in Poser 11.

Here's what's included in this FREE package:

1. The “Genesis 3 To Poser” utility by willdial that makes Genesis 3 expressions workable in Poser 11.
    2. Tutorials by willdial and lululee.
    3. Genesis 3 into Poser 11 User Guide.
    4. Genesis 3 conforming clothing with morphs into Poser 11.

https://www.renderosity.com/render-daz-genesis-3-in-poser-cms-18144

I expect from the wording it's for the Genesis 3 Female only...

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

Yes, I saw that announcement too. But I have been off this site so long that I don't even know where to get G3--is it free and included in DS and do I have to download that? Does V4's clothes and textures and hair work on G3? I probably have like $20,000 worth of V4 content  purchased over the years and would only be interested in G3 if compatible with V4 stuff...  

• WandW said:

This just hit my inbox, but it's too late tonite to have a look.  The download is free...

Would you like to Render DAZ Genesis 3 in Poser? Now you can with this FREE utility from willdial!

Want to render her with EXPRESSIONS and clothing that fits? You can do that too!

Renderosity presents an Exclusive FREE package to get your Genesis 3 rendering in Poser 11.

Here's what's included in this FREE package:

1. The “Genesis 3 To Poser” utility by willdial that makes Genesis 3 expressions workable in Poser 11.
    2. Tutorials by willdial and lululee.
    3. Genesis 3 into Poser 11 User Guide.
    4. Genesis 3 conforming clothing with morphs into Poser 11.

https://www.renderosity.com/render-daz-genesis-3-in-poser-cms-18144

I expect from the wording it's for the Genesis 3 Female only...

Hmmm very interesting might have a look at that !

Thanks for the info

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

Yes, I saw that announcement too. But I have been off this site so long that I don't even know where to get G3--is it free and included in DS and do I have to download that? Does V4's clothes and textures and hair work on G3? I probably have like $20,000 worth of V4 content  purchased over the years and would only be interested in G3 if compatible with V4 stuff...  

G3 is free with DS. You don't need to download the DS program itself, you need "Genesis 3 starter essentials" which are some of the files included.

V4 clothes don't work out of the box, but you can buy the "Wear them all" product in the store here to get a clone to autofit those to Genesis 3.

Hair can be autofitted too, but you usually get good result by simply adjusting the hair position / scale manually and parenting it to the head.

Textures won't work but there are products available at Rendo to either convert the textures themselves or to enable to apply the V4 version to G3.

I had a few spare minutes this morning to try Willdial's program linked to above, and it  does indeed work to fix the expressions.  smiley

However, it's Windows only at this point, as it uses a Windows program to patch the cr2. 

The weight data file is a .pz2 file, but Poser doesn't like it; I'll look at it when I have more time...

• I've been using this 'updater' successfully now all day. I tried the cloth convert - 'transfer active morphs' after conforming. The specific conforming cloth is Powerages garter/stockings and works fine except the toes seem to be locked in a specific spot so when one appliea another pose there is an extreme distortion/displacement of the toes material - see screen shot below. Any help, ideas, suggestions would be highly appreciated.

transfer2016-02-27_130041.png
    511 x 822 - 101K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    dave43 said:

I've been using this 'updater' successfully now all day. I tried the cloth convert - 'transfer active morphs' after conforming. The specific conforming cloth is Powerages garter/stockings and works fine except the toes seem to be locked in a specific spot so when one appliea another pose there is an extreme distortion/displacement of the toes material - see screen shot below. Any help, ideas, suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Try locking and/or zeroing translations on the toes.

• dave43 said:

I've been using this 'updater' successfully now all day. I tried the cloth convert - 'transfer active morphs' after conforming. The specific conforming cloth is Powerages garter/stockings and works fine except the toes seem to be locked in a specific spot so when one appliea another pose there is an extreme distortion/displacement of the toes material - see screen shot below. Any help, ideas, suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Try locking and/or zeroing translations on the toes.

I'll try that - but I've noticed that the transfer of the character brings over to poser 4 props - ik-toes_ 3 or some such notation. I will go back and transcribe if necessarry But what are these?

• taiuritaiuri Posts: 553
    edited July 2016
    Sad said:

uhmmm

I have the same result exporting it from Daz 4.9 to Poser Pro 2014/11 following this procedure:

It worked with Genesis 1 and 2, but the 3 I have the same result of Sad. Any other method which can help us guys?

Post edited by taiuri on
    taiuri said:

It worked with Genesis 1 and 2, but the 3 I have the same result of Sad. Any other method which can help us guys?

Use the “Genesis 3 To Poser” program I linked to in my post near the top of this page on your exported cr2...