The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...well 72° in the 'hood right now.  Time to pull the ol bike out and go for a ride. Laterz....

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686

I need to check on laundry in a little bit.

I hate it after looking for a while on BN.com for some freebooks, that I get blocked for a while from their website.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

dinos on sale.trying to pick only one

no dinos.  saw all those outfits like 1.38  >.<

kyoto kid said:
    Serpent said:
    kyoto kid said:
    riftwitch said:
    MistyMist said:

woes haz to prune the cart >.<

this looks kewl, cant afford it though.  antique harpsichord vst

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KBXIYU4

Have you checked out this one? I don't know how it sounds, but it's $70.00 cheaper. http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/harpsichord#overview

....compared to this both of those are a bargain.

http://www.audiodawg.com/milan-digital-notre-dame-de-metz-cavaille-coll/

HOLY MOOSE ON A PLATE!!!!! indecisionsurprise

No WAY would I pay that much for a virtual instrument!!!!! frown

...the differnce is that instruments sampled are effectively priceless century old works of art that, unless you graduated from say Julliard or Eastman and were a recognised concert organist with a good booking agency, you would have no hope of even touching the keybaords with the organ turned off.

Part of the reason for the high price of the instrument module and base programme (which included a number of sampled organs including a lovely 18th century German baroque organ I have actually heard in RL) is that they sampled it note by note, pipe by pipe, and the programme effectively "recreates" the actual instrument as if it were in your home (with the ambience and delay of the cathedral/hall it is in).  The full base setup (core programme + Notre Dame de Metz organ, + console and computer box) would be about half half the price of a "dedicated" digital organ from say Rodgers or Allen of the same size (3 keybaords, pedal and 35 - 50 preset stops). Those begin at around 25,000$ and go up from there..

Yeah, still a lottery to be sure,

Here is the sound of one of the sampled baroque organs (1730 H. G. Trost Orgel Stadtkirche Waltershausen/Thüringen Germany).

Here is a performance on the Cavaille Coll Notre Dame de Metz instrument of 1903. (this is the base console that costs 7,500$ the upper one, probably more as it is more ornate and has a fourth keyboard).

No Allen or Rodgers digital instrument will sound this authentic.

..and the cool thing, I can play either isntrument (or any one of how many I have) from the same console.

come on lotto.  i like the idea of antique instruments.  hear how ther were hearing it back then.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited February 2016

I'm sorry but I've heard ancient pianos.  Don't care for the thin, shallow sound.  Mozart would have gone nuts over a modern Steinway or Bösendorfer. 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

My day is long so far and getting longer, iz terribly humid, like being in a pool with your clothes on. Yeah the MIDI is a keypress thing, works best with a two or three octave KB with pitch control for bending notes. I use MIDI a lot for animatronics, gives the operator something to do :) 

A three point edit is the basis of every cut, two in points and one out - whether you work film or digital or tape you have to do that. Choosing where the in and out points go iz the artistry :)

2 beginnings and 1 end?

and a mousse smiley

Is the minimum cuts you can usefully use, learning to make choices around those three is a lifetime journey. Once you got the ins and outs (scuse pun) of three point edits from an A roll to a master you need to go five points from A and B rolls to a master...

cant find anything like that under vegas tutorials.

think is more pacific than under cinematography.

lol  setting up a course schedule for myself.  with homework. enlightened
    still on the midi editing.  didnt understand there was 2 types of VST.
    not trying to make a masterscore >.<  just some soundtracks for carrara movie.
    if i can make some kewl midi tracks, planning to reward myself with the harpsichord VST. or the era ii medieval thing. lol  sackbut

found a demo on the toobs.  THIS be some nice music for dragons flying in the carrara sky clouds

looking forward to that :)

smiley 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    McGyver said:

... I'm gonna take a break from this place for a while... Laterz Peeps, see ya when I forget why this place bums me out so much lately.

Nooooo.... sad How am I going to survive without any "LordVicorisms" to brighten my day?  Nooooo..... crying

+1   sad

Dana

Tjohn said:

Today's holiday list:

Today is Inconvenience Yourself Day! 

Today is National Tortilla Chip Day! 

Today is National Trading Card Day!! 

Today is World Bartender Day! 

Looks like I only hit one of those.  indecision

Dana

MistyMist said:

thunderstorm and wind advisories.  check the UPS batteries. wind + electric wires = >.<

success  win 7 and activated (by non-smart phone)  got the drivers from asus installed.

hit a snag on the install, kept telling me couldnt install on gpt partition, even after i deleted the primary partition.
    deleted all the partitions, even the recovery one. went in to bios, turned off UEFI under boot, cms launch.
    phewww  

So, you actually did it?  You installed something that you got from somewhere else?  If something you paid for in that system doesn't work, you've lost your support because you wiped the drive and modified the system.  The seller wins now.  They have your money and I don't think you have much recourse now.  I hope it works out for you.

Dana

I'm sorry but I've heard ancient pianos.  Don't care for the thin, shallow sound.  Mozart would have gone nuts over a modern Steinway or Bösendorfer. 

...Chopin on a 19th century Pleyel or Broadwood is magnificent.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Trains are hard cos they are all big and stuff and need bigger stuff to make them look that way. Crowds are hard cos there are so many of them. Those are my complaints.

...wow, really cool.

Thanks I got this whole riot at the crossroads thing going with four or five models and a whole lot of spinny things, cheap animating laugh

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I've got a Yamaha digital keyboard gathering dust at the back of my office. I bought it some years ago in the hope that I'd learn to play it. Nope. Like every other nearly-flat surface around here, it just got covered in junk, papers and stuff.

sad

I've got a Yamaha digital keyboard gathering dust at the back of my office. I bought it some years ago in the hope that I'd learn to play it. Nope. Like every other nearly-flat surface around here, it just got covered in junk, papers and stuff.

sad

I hear that also happens to exercise machines that were gotten with such high hopes.  Instead they become another closet.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

sad

I hear that also happens to exercise machines that were gotten with such high hopes.  Instead they become another closet.

Also happens with beds.  It is surprising how quickly after the last offsrpring finally moves out the bed becomes a convenient shelf.

edited February 2016

mann they don't make it easy to enroll in benefits these days.  forms and instruction come piece meal.  a whole page on 401k explanations, but no form to enroll.  2 medical plans to choose from, nuuuthing i heard of before.  and i have to find medics 'in-network' or it costs an arm and a leg and a kidney.

complaint - g3 works with new poser script, but can't use G3M in carrara, not fair.

complaint - 6 days since my birthday, still no cake yet.  

cantaloupe chunks for lunch.
    starbucks has a new butterscotch latte, gonna grab one of those on the way to bus. 

Post edited by Mistara on
    Chohole said:

sad

Also happens with beds.  It is surprising how quickly after the last offsrpring finally moves out the bed becomes a convenient shelf.

where kittehs like to tunnel smiley

...6 days and the cake hasn't arrived yet?  Crikey it's probably as hard as a rock by now.

...really nice day yesterday.  Rode through the old hood by the little park I used to go and sit at on nice days, then stopped at one of my old hangouts to sit in the sun and sip a few pints.

Weather about to go downhill for the next week or so, lots of wet stuff on the way.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100

Sorry, but when I see the title of the thread, this is what comes to mind. 

i fixed it, i fixed it.  not actually singing 'i fixed it' out loud, cuz it's not gracious.  lol

they wanted winxp on a vista laptop, haz a serial port can hook up to old routers and multicouplers.
    install was crashing with hard drive error.  
    thanks to my recent wrangle with win 8 to win 7, i knew hard drive partition can gum up the works between os-es.

ran through a whole mental list of what couldn't be, process of elimination.
    went into bios, changed hard drive type to IDE, the laptop default was ah something.

anyway, winxp install went smoothly after that.

tee hee, feels good to fix something after looking at it for 10 minutes, that stymied everyone else.

outloud i am gracious, and won't sing my praises  lol.
    i'm headed for a sugar crash. blaming the gidds on sugar. 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited February 2016
    MistyMist said:

mann they don't make it easy to enroll in benefits these days.  forms and instruction come piece meal.  a whole page on 401k explanations, but no form to enroll.  2 medical plans to choose from, nuuuthing i heard of before.  and i have to find medics 'in-network' or it costs an arm and a leg and a kidney.

complaint - g3 works with new poser script, but can't use G3M in carrara, not fair.

starbucks has a new butterscotch latte, gonna grab one of those on the way to bus. 

I made a cake about 6 days ago.  Want me to send what's left of it to you?

It was a m00se cake from the m00se that bit my sister.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited February 2016

Oh, Los Pablanos demasiado...soy demasiado lleno...

Post edited by TJohn on

...Ja ne kužim?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    MistyMist said:

But if you need a kidney taken out that could be a good deal...

MistyMist said:

I made a cake about 6 days ago.  Want me to send what's left of it to you?

It was a m00se cake from the m00se that bit my sister.

thankss cheeky  nomms

MistyMist said:

But if you need a kidney taken out that could be a good deal...

2 fer special  lol

shazam 

capt marvel mixing romans and greek

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    MistyMist said:

shazam 

capt marvel mixing romans and greek

Initials don't grow on trees

This discussion has been closed.