The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
edited February 2016 in The Commons

This discussion was created from comments split from: Where in the World has the Forum Gremlin gone Now? Complaint Thread.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited February 2016
    MistyMist said:

kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:
    kyoto kid said:

...you shouldn't have to pay them the extra 57$ for what is not your mistake.  They advertised the system as being bundled with WIn 7, not 8, so the onus is on their quality control department. They should have checked the system when it was returned, and discovering a different OS on it, sent it back to ASUS to have the HDD wiped and 7 Home edition reinstalled on it at no extra charge to you.

Were it me, I'd just send the whole bloody thing back, demand a full refund (which as you used your CC you can do) and start shopping around again. You could probably get something better (with an i7) for just a little more.

...The I Refuse To Pay Extra For Someone Elses MIstake Complaint Thread.

rolling with the punches.  finding a new pc with nagless win7 more difficult these days.  getting harder to find win7 retail box.

...here's one I found. i7 3770 3.4 GHz, 16 GB memory Win 7 Pro, 1 TB HDD, Intel 4000 graphics.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA78Y3SN8198

says refurbed

prolly better than a returned item to amazon

...true, but you won't find many Win7 systems out there unless you go to a custom build house and specify that's what you want for the OS or get your own OEM copy and install it yourself. 

Still a refurbished system from Newegg is better than buying one on say, eBay or heaven forbid, Crai'gs List.

Yeah, you effectively were sent returned ("used") merchandise that was advertised as "new" which the previous purchaser bollixed up. As Amazon does not have a technical QA dept. like Newegg does, the error was allowed to slip through. Amazon is basically nothing more than giant third party fulfillment house (I worked in the same industry for 18 years).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

New thread smell?  

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

found an awac(s) plane in rara native content :)

carrara awacs and cloud layers 

haze layer has an altitude setting.

media player hypnofying 

tunes.JPG
    794 x 662 - 79K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

New thread smell?  

Yep. smiley

I dreamed there was an old haunted house that I helped restored but it remained haunted.  In this dream I could see the ghost children.  I tried to calm them down during a party.  

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515

...yikes I go to bed and there's a new thread.

would it be possible to change to:

...The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

The I keep meaning to follow this thread but every time I blink there's like 1000 unread messages and I really can't be arsed Complaint Thread?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    kyoto kid said:

...yikes I go to bed and there's a new thread.

would it be possible to change to:

...The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

?

Yes, you have control of the first post, just edit the title

woes haz to prune the cart >.<

this looks kewl, cant afford it though.  antique harpsichord vst

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KBXIYU4

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    Congrats, KK, on the thread.

complaint - hand tremors, sloshed my hot tea, twice today.  cant find the lid to my travel cup

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075

Defnitely did not sign up for a moose!!! surprise

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Dawn broke with a bit of a chill under luminous grey overcast promising a day without shadows and heat later on but meanwhile one of those days where if summer isn't giving way to autumn it's starting to feel a little sleepy :)

Serpent said:

Defnitely did not sign up for a moose!!! surprise

all those pointy bits would stick in your teeth :)

moose or ...

YAK?!  tee hee ... or is it snuffaluffaguses

The rewards program for my hair dye has stopped before I could earn a free hair dye.

• You don't need hair to die.  Hair is already dead.

The rewards program for my hair dye has stopped before I could earn a free hair dye.

seems to be a theme lately  lol.  dont forget the twitter coupie if you shopping.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Yikes...

I went to amazon and found out the non-prime free shipping price went to 49 it looks like.  I only wanted one item not to get fifty dollars of stuff just to get free shipping.  Ugghhhh

I went to amazon and found out the non-prime free shipping price went to 49 it looks like.  I only wanted one item not to get fifty dollars of stuff just to get free shipping.  Ugghhhh

really?  was hard enough with the 35  >.<

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    MistyMist said:

Have you checked out this one? I don't know how it sounds, but it's $70.00 cheaper. http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/harpsichord#overview

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited February 2016

Hmmm... apparently so. sad   However, It doesn't mean I won't stop using the free shipping, but I will be ordering less often.  My wishlist at Amazon has a lot of small things on it that qualify for free shipping so when I want something I just wait until I can afford to get enough items at one time to qualify for the free shipping minimum total.  I get perhaps 10-12 orders a year.  Now it will probably drop down to 7 or 8 and won't make a dent in my wishlist.  I hate shipping charges.  They are usually so over the top, especially for small items. angry  And I don't buy enough stuff to justify Amazon's "Prime" service.  I'll pay shipping charges only if it's the only way I can get an item that I actually need. 

(I recently ordered a set of  alphabet refrigerator  magnets in the Russian alphabet and had to pay shipping from Moscow.  Postmistress in our little town was all a'twitter that I was getting a package from Moscow. laugh  The upside is that I got a bunch of Russian postage stamps. cool)

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • OK, I'm complaining that I just found out that next week's episode of "Downton Abbey" is the final episode. crying 

The I keep meaning to follow this thread but every time I blink there's like 1000 unread messages and I really can't be arsed Complaint Thread?

rantworthy yes 

MistyMist said:

really?  was hard enough with the 35  >.<

There is much to complain about Iz sticky humid & hot today complaint no rain complaint and so on :)

edited February 2016

Trains are hard cos they are all big and stuff and need bigger stuff to make them look that way. Crowds are hard cos there are so many of them. Those are my complaints.

HeloA1.jpg
    1000 x 419 - 17K
    HeloA2.jpg
    1000 x 419 - 43K
    HeloA3.jpg
    1000 x 419 - 26K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    riftwitch said:
    MistyMist said:

Have you checked out this one? I don't know how it sounds, but it's $70.00 cheaper. http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/harpsichord#overview

There is a demo for that one but cannot try it out now

This discussion has been closed.