3d Art Freebie Challenge----February:"EleMENtary, my dear Watson!" ( main thread)

mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
edited February 2016 in Freebies

This month, break out your deerstalkers and pipes.  It's not only emphasis on the men, but with a bit of a twist...the most famous of sleuths, be it the novels, classic movies or modern television interpretations would all make good starting points.  Just remember, it is about the guys this time around.

"EleMENtary, my dear Watson!"

First point, the rules.  Standard rules apply, find them here.

Second point, this month the emphasis is toward men.  That doesn't mean there can't be females in the entry, but the focus should be on the males.

Third point is the prizes...

First Place: $15 store credit from DAZ3D

Second Place: $12 store credit from DAZ3D

Third Place: $8 store credit from DAZ3D

The contest ends on the 29th. (Yep, that's right there is an extra day in February, this year, it's Leap Year.)

Of course, the most important thing, have fun.

Post edited by mjc1016 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yeah,   we really want to see you have fun with this one.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

WOW it is sure going to be interesting this month for sure with it being all about the men!!!

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

This sounds like an awesome challenge!  I'll have to dust off a copy of Sherlock Holmes for a wee bit of inspiration!

Or in this case some old DVDs...

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

No, no renders capable of defeating Data will be allowed...cheeky

OMG you know your old when you actually remember that episode of Star Trek N/G

Yeah...and when Wil Wheaton was a cute kid.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

OMG you know your old when you actually remember that episode of Star Trek N/G

Hey!  I actually remember the episodes of Star Trek (TOS).  I watched it from the very beginning!

Dana

• mjc1016 said:

Define "cute"

mjc1016 said:

Define "cute"

The lost puppy look in the first episode...after that he was an annoying brat.

mjc1016 said:
    mjc1016 said:

Define "cute"

The lost puppy look in the first episode...after that he was an annoying brat.

Ain't that the truth giggles he was a major brat!!!

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 299
    edited February 2016

My first entry.

The Murder at the Alleyway

There has been a murder and while it might have seemed to look like your everyday murder, mr. Holmes just happened to walk by the scene and with one glance deduced that the murder is all but your everyday kind.

# = requires free registration

Not counting: Genesis Female, Aldora hair, Genesis Male (both males)

1) Victim's dress: Genesis Elegant Dress 1 #
    2) Victim's gloves & hat: Genesis Elegant Dress 2 #
    3) Mr. Holmes' clothes: Genesis Riding Outfit #
    4) Mr. Holmes' hat and magnifying glass: Sherlock Holmes Props #
    5) Other detective's coat: Genesis Trench Coat #
    6) Other detective's shoes: Genesis Low Heeled Shoes #
    7) Other detective's hat: SAV Famous Hat Collection for M4 #
    8) The street / ground: Historic Street part 1 & 2 #
    9) Used for other detective's pants with a texture from SAV Hat collection (listed above): Free Conforming Bodysuit for Genesis
    10) The barrel: Barrel Wash #
    11) The crate: Crates Galore #
    12) The bottle: Patent Medicine #
    13) Glass shader used for the bottle and the magnifying glass: ULTIMATE SHADER PACK FOR DAZ STUDIO #

Paid: Liquid Pack (used for the blood)

Victim's neck wound was made by editing the Genesis Female torso texture using Gimp and Wounds brush for Phoyoshop.

themurder4.png
    904 x 879 - 1M
    Post edited by Eurocoin on
    jonttex82 said:

My first entry.

There has been a murder and while it might have seemed to look like your everyday murder, mr. Holmes just happened to walk by the scene and with one glance deduced that the murder is all but your everyday kind.

9) Used for other detective's pants with a texture from SAV Hat collection (listed above): Free Conforming Bodysuit for Genesis
    13) Glass shader used for the bottle and the magnifying glass: ULTIMATE SHADER PACK FOR DAZ STUDIO #

Victim's neck wound was made by editing the Genesis Female torso texture using Gimp and Wounds brush for Phoyoshop.

So...the game is afoot!    Nice job!

Dana

I am in the mists of making my entry for this months contest, should be ready tomorrow!!!

I will give you a hint I had the whole collection of their books and watched every episode they came out with on T.V as a teenager.

I am in the mists of making my entry for this months contest, should be ready tomorrow!!!

I will give you a hint I had the whole collection of their books and watched every episode they came out with on T.V as a teenager.

Oooo... mysterious!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!  wink

I almost forgot... count me in for two $5 Gift cards for the HMs this month.  One of these days, I will have to learn how to model something useful to give away!  cheeky

jonttex82 said:

My first entry.

Terrific first entry, jonttex82!  Really sets the mood for a Sherlock Holmes Whodunnit!.

Nice POV on the render.  As Dana said... "the game is afoot!"  (hmmm... why not a hand?)

jonttex82 said:

My first entry.

Terrific first entry, jonttex82!  Really sets the mood for a Sherlock Holmes Whodunnit!.

Nice POV on the render.  As Dana said... "the game is afoot!"  (hmmm... why not a hand?)

Well, it's better than some car computers that announce "The door is ajar!"  No, the door is a door.   laugh

Dana

I almost forgot... count me in for two $5 Gift cards for the HMs this month.  One of these days, I will have to learn how to model something useful to give away!  cheeky

You are so generious Skywalker, to help out with the contest each month you can is quite enough!!!

BTW the great unveil will be later today so stay tuned......

jonttex82 said:

My first entry.

Links check out...entry accepted.

Please post it to the Entry thread and make it an inline post for the pic (in the toolbar at the top of the comment box click on the Image icon and use the url you get when you click the attachment to the post in this thread...no need to reupload the image).

DanaTA said:
    jonttex82 said:

My first entry.

Well, it's better than some car computers that announce "The door is ajar!"  No, the door is a door.   laugh

Dana

Lol so true!  laugh  

You are so generious Skywalker, to help out with the contest each month you can is quite enough!!!

I gotta say I get more out of this contest than I give!  I am so inspired by everyone's creativity.  I love how everyone's interpretation of each month's theme is so unique.  I think the fact that this contest confines us to  the use of freebies really makes us push our skills, our imagination, and often the freebies themselves beyond their limits! wink

I gotta say I get more out of this contest than I give!  I am so inspired by everyone's creativity.  I love how everyone's interpretation of each month's theme is so unique.  I think the fact that this contest confines us to  the use of freebies really makes us push our skills, our imagination, and often the freebies themselves beyond their limits! wink

Not to forget the flying cream pies  

edited February 2016

Well Here is the great unveiling

Done in Daz Studio Postwork in PSP9

Non Counts are G1M's and G2F BackG made by me and textured with Textures I made

Titled: Hardy Boys Dressingroom Murder Mystery

Pop Can

Hat

Si-fi Lounger #17 down the page

Old Chair

Violin

Newspaper  #20 down the page

overalls n shirt

Jean Jacket

Jeans

cast

Hardy Boys Dressingroom Murder Mystery.jpg
    1000 x 618 - 106K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

That's a wild dressing room!  Nice work.

Dana

SW,  don't forget your list of freebies used.

I am working on the list now srry it is taking so long there is a couple things I am finding it hard to find now

edited February 2016

Ah, no worries, we will get you trained.  Time you have been with us another couple of months you will have the system off pat, and been marmelised with half a dozen cream pies while you are doing it.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:

Ah, no worries, we will get you trained.  Time you have been with us another couple of months you will have the system off pat, and been marmelised with half a dozen cream pies while you are doing it.

Oh wow I so loveeee cream pie, so fire away:D

Now to get to my 2nd entry I will give you another hint He has always said things like "Excuse me Sir, may I bother you with another question?"

The Unveiling of that mystery will be tomorrow sometime!!!