DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro, General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129
    EcVh0 said:
    barbult said:
    EcVh0 said:

Does anyone have the same problem where the render settings are not saved with the scene? It keeps poping back to the default setting even when I just saved and reload the exact same scene with a complete new setting

- Update -

It turns out that the new 4.9 is completely ignoring the Iray general settings when saving the files, I set the render image to be full HD (1920*1080) and then save and reload, it gives me 720*460...

It saves them for me. The dimensions of the Iray render are correct when I reopen a saved scene in DS 4.9.0.63. Do you have the option to save render settings with scene "checked" in Edit>Preferences>Scene?

Yup it is ticked.

Funny tho, it seems that only changing the dimensions doesn't seems to call up the "save render setting" function or whatever in there code, when I change any other render settings (like rolling the f-stop) it saves the dimensions.

I've loaded 4.9.1.21 Beta now. I loaded an old scene, changed only the dimensions, and resaved it. I then changed the dimensions to something else and reloaded my scene. The scene loaded with the saved dimensions, exactly as I had saved them. So, I can't reproduce your problem.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited February 2016

some DAZ  new product meta-data include unassigned category files. (now I get three products which include unassigned category )

(Request #211634 :Unassigned meta-data (DAZ connect installed) Products)

then unassigned category was useful to check un-categorized items . then user can categorize those items, if they need.

But about ds 4.9,   as default, we will not  get any unassigned category items when we save new files in ds 4.9.

Only items which we saved in another version, (ds 4.5, 4.8 etc)  user did not categorize will be  shown as unassigned in ds 4.9.

about these user saved items, user  can  re-categorize, then remove them from unassign category.

But About daz offered product data,, user  need to delete the Unassgined category from the Assets,

And If user up-date the product meta-data again,, the Unassgined category return. (User data can not delete  it , I think

though it can add user-set category,,,)

===============

after all,, how DAZ improve way to offer meta-data,, these problem caused by DAZ system to check your product.

these product are  not lost and found , prodcut.  these are offered as new meta-data with daz connect.

then if DAZ just install these, and check product with smart content,,and use daz connect,

DAZ  can easy find,, there is un-assgined prodcut packaged for daz connect. i

If daz still keep offer these wrong meta-data with daz connect,  your wip work never finish.

I may send support ticket (bug) but,,why you can not find them untill package meta-data for

your new daz connect system?

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • Alright so... I have had a help ticket open with DAZ for *counts on fingers* 4ish days now attempting to get a fix for this DAZ error preventing DAZ from starting. I have also created a Forum thread in technical support and got no catches. This forum seems to have become the dumping ground for all issues obtained after upgrading to DAZ 1.9 so hopefully I'll get an answer here... I just wish I would have read this forum befor Upgrading>.<

I'll include my DAZ Log at the end of this post with the error shown.

Been using DAZ Studio for quite some time now with no problems EVER and really love the program. But, the other day I decided to Upgrade to 1.9, pretty much to just check it out really and then all hell broke lose and until this day after Deleting DAZ completely from my comp many MANY times and re downloading it again and again, and in whatever way possible in whatever order possible, I have not for the like of me been able to get it to work again. >.< Note, that I was just using DAZ Studio 4.8 just fine before and yes I did not make a back up of 4.8 either so I am stuck trying to get 1.9 to work now...

From what I have been able to gather the error I'm getting has something to do with DAZ not being able to find files that are out of range or something. I have no idea about this stuff, but that's what the error seems to mean when it appears in other program logs after running a google search of it. Now what makes no sense is the fact that DAZ SHOULD download its content where its suppose to on its own, at least when it comes to important files it needs to run. I use no custom routing or anything of that sort everything I have downloaded using DAZs defaults upon installation and I also have downloaded no custom content or files either. Its literally the stuff DAZ loads itself when you first get the program and its not working. >.<

IS the DAZ installers broken on both the manual website install and the Install manager? Is there a fix to this at all? Is this a known Issue? Is DAZ Studio no longer Compatible with Windows7 or the NVidia Graphics card? So many questions... And yes I'm Angry, Who wouldn't be after trying to Fumble around for almost a week trying to fix something researching fixes all day and not Finding any answers all while waiting patiently for help and not getting it. >.<

+++++++++++++++ DAZ Studio 4.9.0.63 starting +++++++++++++++++
    Platform bits: 64
    Qt Version: 4.8.7
    OpenSubdiv Version: 3.0.0
    Running on Windows 7, Build 7601, Service Pack 1
    CPU Information:
        CPU String: AuthenticAMD
        CPU Brand String: AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
        Cache Line Size = 64
        L2 Associativity = 8
        Cache Size = 1024
        Model = 1
        Family = 15
        Extended family = 3
        CLFLUSH cache line size = 64
        APIC Physical ID = 2
    Supported CPU Features:
        SSE3 New Instructions
        MONITOR/MWAIT
        x87 FPU On Chip
        Virtual-8086 Mode Enhancement
        Debugging Extensions
        Page Size Extensions
        Time Stamp Counter
        RDMSR and WRMSR Support
        Physical Address Extensions
        Machine Check Exception
        CMPXCHG8B Instruction
        APIC On Chip
        SYSENTER and SYSEXIT
        Memory Type Range Registers
        PTE Global Bit
        Machine Check Architecture
        Conditional Move/Compare Instruction
        Page Attribute Table
        Page Size Extension
        CFLUSH Extension
        MMX Technology
        FXSAVE/FXRSTOR
        SSE Extensions
        SSE2 Extensions
        Hyper-threading Technology
    Physical Memory:
        Total: 7.9 GB (8576118784)
        Avail: 5.3 GB (5723615232)
    Virtual Memory:
        Total: 7.9 TB (8796092891136)
        Avail: 7.9 TB (8795843620864)
    Current Memory Usage: 33%
    Current DateTime:
        Loc: Sun Feb 7 18:07:08 2016
        UTC: Mon Feb 8 02:07:08 2016
    Temp Data:
        Location = C:/Users/Russell Tuller/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp
        Disk Total: 914.6 GB (982052237312)
        Disk Avail: 617.6 GB (663240056832)
    Locale: en_US
        No translator found.
    Creating Plugin Manager...
    Reading style definition C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/style/Darkside.style
    Creating Import Manager...
    Creating Export Manager...
    Creating File IO Preset Manager...
    Creating Save Filter Manager...
    Creating Asset IO Manager...
    Creating Image Manager...
    Creating Help Manager...
    Reading help index
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/DAZ Studio/DAZStudioHelp.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/EXPExporter/ExPExporter.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/FBXExporter/FBXExporter.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/FigureSetup/FigureSetup.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/JointEditor/JointEditor.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/LayeredImageEditor/LayeredImageEditor.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/MorphLoader/MorphLoader.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/MorphLoaderPro/MorphLoaderPro.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/PolygonGroupEditor/PolygonGroupEditor.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/TextureAtlas/TextureAtlas.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/WeightMapBrush/WeightMapBrush.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/bookmarks.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/inlinehelp.dsx
    Creating Multimedia Manager...
    Creating Content Manager...
    Scanning Import folders...
    Scanning Content folders...
    Creating Render Manager...
    FATAL: ASSERT failure in QList<T>::at: "index out of range", file D:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\jobs\NB_Studio_Trunk\workspace\dependencies\Qt\Qt\include\QtCore/qlist.h, line 469

• edited February 2016

Update:

Last night I download and used the latest version of DAZ Studio 4.9 BETA using the Install Manager and I have just now started it up again and have it running as I write this. Everything seems to be working fine even the new content management service. So, this leads me to believe that the NORMAL DAZ Studio 4.9 Installers are either corrupted or not functioning correctly rather than being a computer issue on my end causing DAZ Studio to incounter the Fatal Error on start up.

Hopefully The BETA version will hold up until DAZ fixes what ever is broken. >.<

If anyone else is encountering this same issue or a similar one I'd Suggest doing the same.

Post edited by russelltuller_82fbfcff55 on
  • JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758
    edited February 2016

I now have 2 "UserData" sets... UserData1, UserData2... both are apparently corrupted.

EDIT: Those files are found in your ":/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/" folder... Removed them, and content is all back, but some is still missing and 1200+ is still the limit? Not sure if it is only showing 1200 or more.

If I update metadata without them, still not everything shows... But more shows.

Importing metadata goes to 100% within a second, but it is NOT done... What is it doing? Doesn't say... Just always says "Importing metadata", and it's 100% done... but the hourglass takes about 10 minutes to stop after that.

If I add the first one (Not sure if it is just a generic set from daz 4.8 or 4.6... I don't remember exporting anything.) It still acts buggy. If I add the second one, which just came after I stupidly "exported database", and couldn't stop it, after letting 4.9 eat-up my database... It breaks the whole thing.

Breaks: Files without names or images, just showing as default "unknown" icons without a name and the /!\ mark. Thousands of missing items, many of them normal DAZ installs, from 4.6, 4.8 and thousands more that were from 3.x or just free items that had metadata and smart-content info with them. Apparently, what is there, is all "Unassigned", or "Scan Results". Even when just "Importing Meta-Data", that is Daz3D Metadata, of all installed content.

Products/Files now only shows 0-1200+, instead of the actual number of files or items, which is annoying... Why even have 0- in front? Use that space to show the actual numbers. Seriously, it can't count past 1200?

Luckily, everything seems to show in the content library, but the point of having smart content was so that we don't have to rifle through hundreds of thousands of folders and files, to find the horribly "forced" locations of the items others create. Sorry, but I have well over 6000 items, I am not going to individually use this horrible system to attempt to categorize things that should clearly be know to be associated with other things, that are already identified as being a component of other things, or belonging to a group. As horrible as the unstandardized grouping topics are.

So, where are these two "userdata" files and how do I get rid of them. I tried the mentioned locations in program-files and program-data and nothing is in any of those locations except files that can be deleted and they actually have no change on the database or daz operation. Nothing even labeled "userdata1".

Would be nice ot have the option to delete that data from the contentDB manager page where it asks if you want to include it... or at-least mention that "exported data" is going there, possibly asking if you want to replace the old data, or back that old data up, or append a userdata2. Not just assume that yet-another duplicate file be created, thus making the first file redundant to even include.

Oh, and again, after identifying that "User/PublicDocuments" is not a valid path to use, it is STILL installing crap there.

P.S. I have no "custom metadata" or moved content, or anything that involves toying with that stuff. This is just the default DAZ3D stuff. (Funny that not even the default DAZ3D stuff shows-up in smart-content.) 4.9 installed because it was in the DIM as an update, so this is not the beta program.

P.P.S. Smart content isn't working... I load Gen3-female model, and it shows "everything" is "smart" and available for gen3... Male stuff, female stuff, every hair, every outfit, every everything... EDIT: I had unchecked "Filter by content" at the bottom, when nothing showed-up. That is why it was showing everything, even when I had Gen3-Female selected. It was ignoring the "Smart" and just showing the "Content". :P (Should not even be an option, or it should be renamed, "Ignore Smart Content", since that is what it is doing.)

P.P.P.S The "0-1200+" is nothing... It shows some pages as "1-385+" some as "0-563" without the PLUS... what is the PLUS? It can't count over 1200, I don't have one group with over 1200+ items, but I should have four. ???

{SMART CONTENT}

[FILES] ALL shows as 1200+, DEFAULT shows as 1189+, THEMES shows as 2 (Total = 1191 not 1200+)

[PRODUCTS] ALL shows as 840, DEFAULT shows as 835, THEMES shows as 1 (Total = 836 not 840)

Something is buggy...

P.P.P.P.S. Now I am back to 78 total items, with "Filter by content" checked, and unchecked, it shows 1200+, all in "Scan Results" again... WTH?

Deleted the database, through CMS, Scanned folder locations, Re-Imported Metadata and user data (which is no user data now.), removed orphaned file references, consolidated file references, then compressed the database... End-result... broken daz smart-content, rendering it useless as a program.

(Re-Imported again... After "searching for files"... Brought most of it back.)

1200+ [ALL] (5601 Total)1189+ [DEFAULT]-  377  Accessories-   31  Anatomy-   22  Animals-  146  Cameras-    2  Creatures-  299  Environments-  209  Figures-  179  Hair-  230  Lights-   22  Materials-    4  People-  121  Presets- 1195+ Props (2924 total in sub-groups)-   18  Ready to render-   35  Render settings-   17  Scene builder-    8  Scenes-   37  Sets-   36  Transportation-    1  Unassigned-    3  Utilities-  878  Wardrobe2 [THEMES]-    2  Carnival

5601 Total... At-least 1000 shy of what I actually have for "Objects", if you don't count poser-duplicates and iray variations or "notes". (I suspect some are possibly real old, and 4.6/4.8 didn't choke on those older metadata files, or they saw things that 4.9 is not seeing. Possilby, it is not "duplicating" Daz3D/Poser content, which I did notice 4.6/4.8 was doing to some dual-items.)

I had to open-up the "Props" group, because it showed that "+" mark, and I KNOW that group had over 3000 items. A greater majority of my items are just props without any actual "requirements" for other items.

My "Materials" should be in the 3000+ range, and Accessories about 2000, and Environments was about 1300 too...

"Creatures", I know I had 12 of them. 6 were the free Daz3D items. (Unless those changed to a new location. However, I don't recall seeing them in the updates.)

Attached is what I see when I un-check "Filter by context"... no info can be found-out about any of those icons... no paths, no items, no data...

Imagex1.jpg
    740 x 1008 - 226K
    Post edited by JD_Mortal on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

when i try converting a figure to prop with rigging...menue

4.9 always crashes

tried it on various garments for V4 or Gen2fem

trying to go the new way with connect

but no Victoria 4 support ?

really ?

• Ruphuss said:

trying to go the new way with connect

but no Victoria 4 support ?

really ?

Not at the moment because of gen 4 morphs.

edited February 2016

so i have to go back to dim

install something here

others through connect

not what i would call a clean system

ah i am repeating myself

what a mess

Post edited by Ruphuss on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Am I correct in thinking the beta should still be available to download?

If so, any ideas why it isn't showing? (I have beta selected in DIM.) The files are not downloaded, or installed.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,344

Check in your hidden option. On a rare occasion it's happened to me where it didn't show and I had to uncheck hidden and it was there.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited February 2016
    frank0314 said:

Check in your hidden option. On a rare occasion it's happened to me where it didn't show and I had to uncheck hidden and it was there.

I had some hidden, which I installed; so nope. :(

Edit:

LOL

But I'd unclicked it again; thanks for that.:)

Not sure which are worse: eyes or brain. /shrug

Post edited by nicstt on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

at current daz smart content can not show all files even though there are meta-data.

it is same about Content library > product>

eg,,

In genesis starter Essential, (product)  there are many animation files.

If I serch it by file path, in content library, I can find them.  

"aniBlocks/aniMatePlus/object/rt-hold_still.ds"

"aniBlocks/aniMatePlus/object/rt-rotateY_90.ds"  ,

"aniBlocks/aniMatePlus/object/rt-translateX.ds"

"aniBlocks/aniMatePlus/object/rt-translateY.ds

"aniBlocks/aniMatePlus/object/rt-translateZ.ds"

I check these file meta-data,, it seems correctly assgined as "genesis starter essential"

and categorized, as Default/Animations/BY function/Others.

it have compatiblitiy with too, "/Any object"

But, how I serch these items in smart content, with Filter by context on and off,

I can never find them in smart content.

Only way to show them in smart content,,, I must need select item in content library with file path first,

then > show in smart content.

then If I explore product , I can not find these animation files in smart content, and  content library product.

when I see Genesis starter essential kit, in smart content>product,  and select ALL  there is only 411 items. I feel,

there should be more animation files, (and other files too)

I feel,,there is something limit which included in one product, to be shown in smart content.

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited February 2016

search in smart content not work as before,,

in past version in Smart content, i put "Cor" in tab and result show all "Corset" + "corps" + "corsica" 

now if you don't put the full name of the search, it show nothing!, input "Cor" show nothing!

also in preselection "POSES"

examples;

using G2F character, selected, click on poses "standing" and it show only "part" of poses,  not all poses are show

but, they are there!

different poses ares show if i select A-Z, or Higher - Lower product ID and other category 

Post edited by cm152335 on
    edited February 2016

[Environment tab] -> "Backdrop" -> "Background", when set to a color only, renders untrue to selected color... In 3DeLight rendering, not in IRay.

128,128,128 = Grey, Renders as 255,255,255 (White)

92,0,0 = Dark Red, Renders as 182,0,0 (Bright Red)

154,89,33 = Medium Orange, Renders as 255,178,66 (Bright Orange)

Seems to double the value... But obviously caps-out at 255.

(Also note... Colors are "dithered", not solid... Pixel colors were randomly these colors... 255,178,66 and 255,179,66 and 255,178,67 and 255,179,67, etc...)

Expected behavior... Since the background is a "layer" beyond the "Alpha" of the rendered objects, it should be exactly the "solid color" or the "original image's colors" set.

edited February 2016

No "search results", for partial words in the "Smart Content" window. (You have to know the exact full name of something to get a result.)

Expected results...

Type "whi", should result in "White gloves", "Whistle", "Whimpy guy plumbing", "Whippets" (Finds none of this, as "Whi" is not a word.)

Type "Truck", should result in "TruckByModor", "Truck Red", "OldTruck", "After_BurnerTruck" (Only finds "Truck Red", as "Truck" is in "Truck Red" as a complete word.)

Also...

Searching for "Daz gateway", returns every item with "Daz" or "Gateway"... Not "Daz" and "Gateway", which is every DAZ item ever made, which makes it nearly useless for a search-term.

Expected results...

Since the "Search" was for "Daz" and "Gateway"... There should only be GATEWAYs made by DAZ listed.

Also note, this makes "Daz Gateway", as a keyword, or any word-pair, useless... as it searches for ANY of the words, and returns if ANY word in the pair is found, as if they were just individual words. Defeats the purpose of making them a "Pair of words", when it is found if you type "Pair", or "of", or "Words", or "Daz".

Also note, the use of keyword spam is making searches difficult, even on DAZ items. (Everything is "shoes" and "daz" and "original" and "shorts", when it is actually just a "necklace".) There is no way to "edit" the tags, to remove them, in the window where you can add them. "EDIT" would have been better than "ADD". (Remove would be ficticious... Hide/Ignore is a better option. It is non-destructive that way, and can be undone if it was an accident.)

NOTE: Partial searches in the "Content Library", works as expected, because you can actually hit the "Search" icon. Though, that would be better if it auto-returned results too. While the other window would be better with the partial-returns, while auto-returning. Instead of only returning when a full-word is found.

• Holding the "Down Arrow", to fly through the "Content Library", crashes the program. (Floods it with "render icon" and "read file" requests that can't be processed and displayed fast enough on the screen.)

Suggestion: Force an "interrupt" or "time to live", or just throw-out keystrokes "UP" or "DOWN", when in tree-view, if the program is not done processing commands. If not throwing-out commands, then it needs to throw-out reading and writing, for a few MS, between loading, to see if it is reading and writing something that is not present anymore.

edited February 2016

Content quantity is capping-out at 1200 items. (Unsure if it is only displaying 1200 items, or just capping the number to 1200+.)

I would actually like to know the exact number of items. Not sure what the point of "A lot + more" is, for a value. That is kind-of how I can tell if things are getting installed correctly, or if the database is messing-up, or if I just lost 2000 items, due to another issue.

Please restore the "Actual item counts", as they were in 4.8, even if you are only allowing us to scroll 1200 at a time. (Make pages if needed, or refresh part-2, like every other program with infinite scrolling does. {like google-images}.)

With over 6000+ items, I need this tiny bit of info back. I have to count manually, in each sub-section (which also has the same limits), to get real numbers.

Also NOTE, some show as 343+ or 128+ or 1178+... Why the "+"... Why not count the additional two items to make it 130? (Some are also wrong... says 128+ when there is only 120 items.)

Also... Missing content that I know is there... Database has to be re-done twice to get most of the items to display. Doing it once results in only 78 items found, or 356 or 14 or none... Purely random. (Says it is 100% done after 2 seconds, though it is nowhere near done.)

EDIT: It is only displaying 1200 items. I can only get to "B" in my "ALL" list. :P (Thus, I am forced to go deeper then desired, every time I notice the + symbol. Can't go deeper on some groups... Have to "guess" what items are not being displayed, then search for an "exact name".)

• Redundant options in the "Content Library" "List"...

- "Search hard drive(s) for files"

and

- "Search for content"

Both bring-up the same window, and are the same thing.

• Scrollbar does not "reset" back to the top, when changing to a new group in "Smart content". Annoyingly stays mid-way or down, leaving us to have to scroll back up, then down on the next category, then up on the next, then down on the next...

• JD_Mortal said:

No "search results", for partial words in the "Smart Content" window. (You have to know the exact full name of something to get a result.)

Expected results...

Type "whi", should result in "White gloves", "Whistle", "Whimpy guy plumbing", "Whippets" (Finds none of this, as "Whi" is not a word.)

Type "Truck", should result in "TruckByModor", "Truck Red", "OldTruck", "After_BurnerTruck" (Only finds "Truck Red", as "Truck" is in "Truck Red" as a complete word.)

Also...

Searching for "Daz gateway", returns every item with "Daz" or "Gateway"... Not "Daz" and "Gateway", which is every DAZ item ever made, which makes it nearly useless for a search-term.

Expected results...

Since the "Search" was for "Daz" and "Gateway"... There should only be GATEWAYs made by DAZ listed.

Also note, this makes "Daz Gateway", as a keyword, or any word-pair, useless... as it searches for ANY of the words, and returns if ANY word in the pair is found, as if they were just individual words. Defeats the purpose of making them a "Pair of words", when it is found if you type "Pair", or "of", or "Words", or "Daz".

Also note, the use of keyword spam is making searches difficult, even on DAZ items. (Everything is "shoes" and "daz" and "original" and "shorts", when it is actually just a "necklace".) There is no way to "edit" the tags, to remove them, in the window where you can add them. "EDIT" would have been better than "ADD". (Remove would be ficticious... Hide/Ignore is a better option. It is non-destructive that way, and can be undone if it was an accident.)

NOTE: Partial searches in the "Content Library", works as expected, because you can actually hit the "Search" icon. Though, that would be better if it auto-returned results too. While the other window would be better with the partial-returns, while auto-returning. Instead of only returning when a full-word is found.

try whi:* and you should get every word starting with whi

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    JD_Mortal said:

[Environment tab] -> "Backdrop" -> "Background", when set to a color only, renders untrue to selected color... In 3DeLight rendering, not in IRay.

128,128,128 = Grey, Renders as 255,255,255 (White)

92,0,0 = Dark Red, Renders as 182,0,0 (Bright Red)

154,89,33 = Medium Orange, Renders as 255,178,66 (Bright Orange)

Seems to double the value... But obviously caps-out at 255.

(Also note... Colors are "dithered", not solid... Pixel colors were randomly these colors... 255,178,66 and 255,179,66 and 255,178,67 and 255,179,67, etc...)

Expected behavior... Since the background is a "layer" beyond the "Alpha" of the rendered objects, it should be exactly the "solid color" or the "original image's colors" set.

I am not seeing that at all. I am seeing a little bit of gamma correction, but certainly not a doubling of values. 

JD_Mortal said:

Scrollbar does not "reset" back to the top, when changing to a new group in "Smart content". Annoyingly stays mid-way or down, leaving us to have to scroll back up, then down on the next category, then up on the next, then down on the next...

This one I am seeing. Please file a support ticket so it doesn't get lost. 

JD_Mortal said:

Content quantity is capping-out at 1200 items. (Unsure if it is only displaying 1200 items, or just capping the number to 1200+.)

I would actually like to know the exact number of items. Not sure what the point of "A lot + more" is, for a value. That is kind-of how I can tell if things are getting installed correctly, or if the database is messing-up, or if I just lost 2000 items, due to another issue.

Please restore the "Actual item counts", as they were in 4.8, even if you are only allowing us to scroll 1200 at a time. (Make pages if needed, or refresh part-2, like every other program with infinite scrolling does. {like google-images}.)

With over 6000+ items, I need this tiny bit of info back. I have to count manually, in each sub-section (which also has the same limits), to get real numbers.

Also NOTE, some show as 343+ or 128+ or 1178+... Why the "+"... Why not count the additional two items to make it 130? (Some are also wrong... says 128+ when there is only 120 items.)

Also... Missing content that I know is there... Database has to be re-done twice to get most of the items to display. Doing it once results in only 78 items found, or 356 or 14 or none... Purely random. (Says it is 100% done after 2 seconds, though it is nowhere near done.)

EDIT: It is only displaying 1200 items. I can only get to "B" in my "ALL" list. :P (Thus, I am forced to go deeper then desired, every time I notice the + symbol. Can't go deeper on some groups... Have to "guess" what items are not being displayed, then search for an "exact name".)

In the Products tab it doesn't cap, only on the files tab. 

• coldbycoldby Posts: 11
    edited February 2016

(this user left due to difference of opinion in matter of censorship)

Post edited by coldby on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

You can use DS4.9 too - just don't buy encrypted content and don't connect the Connect thingie and you have a new DS version with a new version of 3delight render engine AND the Iray render engine (I don't have a good enough graphics card either to render with GPU, but CPU renders do work with Iray too).

• The only content you would miss out on by avoiding encrypted content or connect-only content is content that would not work in older versions of DS anyway, so using 4.9 and skipping the encrypted/Connect stuff for a year wouldn't restrict you any more than other options - and would let you use content and tools (such as the updated render engines) that you don't currently have access to.

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Coldby, as another lazy old man, let me point out a possible drawback.

You are assuming you can still get 4.8.

As detailed in another thread here, 4.9 was a nightmare,  it also corrupted 4.8 (support tickets sent, no help, had to do

a restore from backup)

On that day downloaded all the installation files for 4.8. burned them to dvd's.

Will not be doing upgrade from 4.8 for a long while

Suggestion, before you even think of changing anything, backup the computer, make sure you have the installation

files for whatever version you know works

As one old guy to another.....

• coldbycoldby Posts: 11
    edited February 2016

(this user left due to difference of opinion in matter of censorship)

Post edited by coldby on
  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited February 2016
    marble said:
    Now the question is: shall I try DAZ 4.8 and invest my time learning it even knowing that it will be the last usable version, or shall I rather break my piggy bank and go for something else?
    marble said:
    Any hints?

You can go directly to version 4.9. You will get the lastest version of 3Delight and Iray render engine. You will loose your old plug-ins but some funcionalities from version 2 plug-ins were incorporated to the main application. You can keep your old content directories and use a standalone installer to get 4.9 version ready to use, but I will recommend to use DAZ Install Manager to re-install your stuff. While DIM will suggest you a default content directory where install your stuff, you still can define where you want your content installed. You still can skip DIM and install your content manually.

DAZ connect is great also, and will not interfer with your current installation. You can keep your version 2 installed and just give a try to 4.9 and maybe you can pass DIM for content installation. You still need DIM to install some plug-ins.

I am using version 4.9.1.25, latest public beta, and it is running fine without any great issue. I don't use DAZ Connect and don't connect for now, just because automatic retrieve of metadata overrides my edited metadata of DAZ products. There are some content which does not have any metadata and some with old metadata standard. I don't want loose my edited metadata for these products. It should not make any difference to you as version 2 does not have any metadata or Smart Content pane.

At last, you still are under total control over where and how you manage your content and installation. All your acquired content is still available as unencrypted zip packages for manual installation.

Post edited by MBusch on