WIP THREAD for September NEW USERS CONTEST

Comments

• wiibbwiibb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Szark, Oo I was looking for it in the Daz store LoL'ss
    I did not know it was all ready in Daz software thank you for letting me know.
    ::P

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You will still need to pose the hand so it is holding the item. As for the chain I would search on ShareCG.com and look for a Prop chain. I have a poseable one but I do not have the link. I bite at doing a search in Chrome, so I'll let you try that for yourself.

I love the work you do with PS but I think you would get better at DS if you learn to use more 3D items and less post work for the main parts of your images.

• wiibbwiibb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Jaderail, thank you yet again for the info and advice ok then more Daz and not so much post work :)
    That seems great advice as I was doing tutorials all day/night for that post work....

Jaderail is there a place that I can find tutorials online for new users of Daz apart for just doing a search in Google?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969
    edited September 2012

Good googling Szark, This is the one I would use http://www.sharecg.com/v/54375/gallery/11/Poser/10ft-Easy-Pose-Chain

As for Tut's wiibb I just searched all over the forums when I started. If you look in all the threads and sections you should find more than enough to get you started. Those Green I's with the links at the top of each Forum is a good place to start. They are there to help the users. Then go through all the Sticky threads in the Forums also, you will find some great stuff.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited December 1969

Another prop question. Would I be allowed to use this prop? The licence says non-commercial use only.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=61682

edited December 1969

I can't say for sure and I would wait for one of the mods to confirm this but I think if you have a chance for monetary or prize gain from the image which includes a prop that has this type of license then I would say you cannot use it. But as I said best to wait for confirmation.

edited December 1969

wiibb said:
    No worries. Yes I was a bit cryptic with how I inferred it was part of Daz Studio.

Jad think my geekness is coming out again. :) Someone stop me....please. :coolcheese:

edited September 2012

Most of the Time that means you can not use the item in any images you will sell, or be used in a published Free or other wise way. If you download the Item and Unzip it to a Temp folder the Readme may have a better discription of what it can be used for. If you do not like the terms just delete all traces of it and move on.

EDIT: Yep let the MOD's decide. That's a better way to go.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    wiibb said:
    No worries. Yes I was a bit cryptic with how I inferred it was part of Daz Studio.

Jad think my geekness is coming out again. :) Someone stop me....please. :coolcheese:I will not!! Chohole is already expecting me to answer all the time. I need you here with me. :lol:

edited December 1969

Ok then since you put it like that. :) Just got to tell myself "no geekyness allowed" when I go to bed....now. See you tomorrow.

• edited September 2012

Thanks Szark and Jaderail, I will keep on searching.

Edit: Found two similar lamps in the poser freebies on Rederosity and both are commercial and non-commercial licenses.

Post edited by bluemoon_524a0e29ba on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Jaderail mentioned in a previous post about needing to pose the hand even when using the D/S script. Posing the hand can be pretty easy if you have morphs++. For a basic pose there is a grasp morph which can be for either the whole hand or individual digits. It's not always the best way to go, but it's usually good enough to get you in the ballpark.

If you have the above mentioned morphs++ you can select the figures hand in the hierarchy, use whatever controls your software has to access the morphs and adjust the slider or dials the desired amounts.

The above assumes you're using one of the Millenium 4 figures such as M4, V4, A4, etc.

Picture_8.png
    559 x 498 - 162K
    Picture_7.png
    226 x 33 - 4K
    Picture_6.png
    600 x 496 - 173K
    Picture_5.png
    234 x 298 - 18K
    Picture_4.png
    218 x 21 - 3K
    edited December 1969

Darn good Tip EP!! I was thinking Genesis and just glossed over the Gen4's figures like V4 and M4. Thanks for that one.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Szark said:
    wiibb said:

Jad think my geekness is coming out again. :) Someone stop me....please. :coolcheese:

I will not!! Chohole is already expecting me to answer all the time. I need you here with me. :lol:

Problem is most peeps here are using DS, and as you all know Cho doesn't use DS, so it makes it problemsome.

BTW on another question, When something says "Not for Commercial Use" Unfortunately Contests are counted as Commercial.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Jaderail said:
    Szark said:
    wiibb said:

I will not!! Chohole is already expecting me to answer all the time. I need you here with me. :lol:

Problem is most peeps here are using DS, and as you all know Cho doesn't use DS, so it makes it problemsome.

BTW on another question, When something says "Not for Commercial Use" Unfortunately Contests are counted as Commercial.What you don't use DS.... I am shocked....ok I am not shocked at all. We'll give you a shout when Bryce and Poser questions pop up hehehe

Thanks for confirming what I thought was right cho. :P > Jad

edited December 1969

Alright Szark, don't get cocky over one little thing. I know what I know, I never said I know the other stuff. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Hey I am cocky with eveything...oh the arrogence of man. ;) I know everything I know and nothing else so there. :P

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

I know very little of what I know and even less of what I don't.

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

I've played with the lightning and it's a pain, but no so much as trying to get him straight and the fingers straight.. I think this will pick up a few laughs but who cares? Laughing is good for the health. :)

perspective_pratcie.jpg
    800 x 1131 - 734K
    my_music.jpg
    800 x 1131 - 625K
    edited September 2012

Ilena52 said:
    I've played with the lightning and it's a pain, but no so much as trying to get him straight and the fingers straight.. I think this will pick up a few laughs but who cares? Laughing is good for the health. :)
    LOL you right. Try a Kiss expression on his face it should work for the flute.

EDIT; I like the lighting.
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Today was mostly making mistakes and trying to fix them. Spent much time on the lighting, looks good on my main monitor, not so good on my second screen. I hope you guys agree with my main screen :-)
    Still some small stuff to add, make-up thingies and jewelry on the dresser.
    Comments & critiques welcome...

september_wip06_800x600.jpg
    800 x 600 - 237K
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Today was mostly making mistakes and trying to fix them. Spent much time on the lighting, looks good on my main monitor, not so good on my second screen. I hope you guys agree with my main screen :-)
    Still some small stuff to add, make-up thingies and jewelry on the dresser.
    Comments & critiques welcome...

Looks really good.:-)
    Just what you say a few things on the dresser, that makes the picture more complete
  • IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

Spent almost half a day on tweaking the bugger from the last sent image. Lighting has changed and while on the break from the guy with the flute this image sort of came up. Opinions and advice are most welcome.

do_you_mind_if_I_sit.jpg
    800 x 1131 - 596K
    my_song_is_pure.jpg
    800 x 1131 - 820K
    edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    Spent almost half a day on tweaking the bugger from the last sent image. Lighting has changed and while on the break from the guy with the flute this image sort of came up. Opinions and advice are most welcome.
    I must say, you are getting GOOD quick. For the Flute Image I really like the dappled lighting, I think I know what you used but I wont say :cheese: , I like it very much as it is. You could think of doing this if you like. Drop the girls arm to her side and have her holding something as well. This is a props in hand more than just just using props in the scene type of contest. I also think it could really add to the image if it was the right prop.

I also like the new image much, I have no tip's for it. Maybe another will.
  • BrotherloboBrotherlobo Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

My latest go at this....just the beginnings of a idea for a new character for an post-apocalyptic hero.
    I am also still experimenting with lighting and shadows. I combined items from several different packages, still not completely satisfied but I don't hate it either. The hat seemed the be the most difficult, getting it to sit just right...was odd. Of course, the auto-snap feature for the katana, didn't like the fact of the reverse grip.
    Suggestions....comments....

Ronin_1.jpg
    701 x 701 - 143K
    edited December 1969

My latest go at this....just the beginnings of a idea for a new character for an post-apocalyptic hero.
    I am also still experimenting with lighting and shadows. I combined items from several different packages, still not completely satisfied but I don't hate it either. The hat seemed the be the most difficult, getting it to sit just right...was odd. Of course, the auto-snap feature for the katana, didn't like the fact of the reverse grip.
    Suggestions....comments....
    I got none. Looks good to me.
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited September 2012

I know very little of what I know and even less of what I don't.

I'm much the same, only I have mostly forgotten almost all of anything I might have known once, as well...

...lol

Hi guys and gals! Some great stuff going on in here!! :) Glad I got a minute to take a peek. Keep up the good work! :)

(and welcome back, Szark! :) )

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
    edited December 1969

Just throwing out something to think about: You can parent and use as a prop pretty much anything, including figures.

edited December 1969

An example of a figure used as a prop. V4 is parented (not conformed) to the troll and posed accordingly.

Captured.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 594K