WIP THREAD for September NEW USERS CONTEST

Comments

• edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail, evilproducer and Miss B, I know what I did wrong now. Set the eyes to look at the front sight instead of a target. :ohh:

Will play wit it some more, need the practice using nulls. %-P

• wiibbwiibb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Got very valuable feed back yesterday to help me better my renders from my first post so been busy all day working on this render.

Magic_White.jpg
    600 x 800 - 258K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is a Top Notch render. Very darn good. If anything at all could improve it in my eyes it would be one thing and one thing only. In your next one, NOT this one, think about the MAGIC you will add in postwork. Would that magic glow? Try putting some point lights in the places the Main magic glow will be, the Ball kind of stuff, and color those lights to shine on the Figure. That would make the Postwork magic look like it was Part of the render.

edited September 2012

bluemoon said:
    Thanks Jaderail, evilproducer and Miss B, I know what I did wrong now. Set the eyes to look at the front sight instead of a target. :ohh:

Will play wit it some more, need the practice using nulls. %-P

That last line made my day. I'm so happy when I hear people learn and use the tips from the threads. But I agree, you do not need to change the render. Just what I saw.

EDIT. Tip: Use a camera to Sight down the gun Yourself. That will give you a better idea if your NULL is in the Right place.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Hi Jaderail, thank you :P
    yet again some great advice from your self about what to do with the render, thank you for your time support and comments.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Since this is supposed to be a WIP thread, I figure I had better post a work in progress. This is probably going to be a fairly complicated scene by the time all is said and done.

The theme is a bikini car wash and I still have to add the car and another figure. It's going to (hopefully) be a comedic image.

The first figure is holding a rigged garden hose. The nozzle is kept in hand by a target helper object (null object) parented to the figure's hand. The second to last "bone in the hose is set to track the Target helper. The hose's rig uses IK so I can bend it as needed. Parented to the hose is a particle emitter (if using Poser or D/S you could use a model or billboard) for a stream of water.

The second figure is holding a sponge and has a modeled water splash object parented to the sponge so that if I need to move the hand, the sponge and dripping water comes with it.

I should note that in the screen shots there are white wireframe boxes on the bathing suits. These represent surface replicators and mark where there is a little sphere which is supposed to be water droplets clinging to the bathing suits.

The bucket has some modeled "foam" in and around it, which is parented to the bucket in case I want to move it.

Some of what I've included is Carrara specific, such as the replicators and particle emitter. Other things are not, so if you have any questions I will answer as best as I can.

Bikini_Sample.jpg
    640 x 480 - 130K
    Picture_3.png
    619 x 542 - 440K
    Picture_2.png
    658 x 417 - 146K
    Picture_1.png
    708 x 607 - 213K
  • IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited September 2012

This would be the final touch of it. And to answer evilproducers questions...switched to DAZ 3.

Once we post the image here may we post it somewhere else?

Konacna_Verzija.jpg
    800 x 1131 - 530K
    Post edited by Ilena on
    edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    This would be the final touch of it. And to answer evilproducers questions...switched to DAZ 3.

Once we post the image here may we post it somewhere else?

I believe if you want to enter it in the contest, you must post it to the contest thread first. Check the contest rules post to be sure.

edited December 1969

Nice job. If this is for the Sept. contest, why not put it into the WIP thread? You might get even more good advice.

edited December 1969

Hi evilproducer, that sounds great about more advice. I am new here and do not know how to put the render into the WIP thread?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I will move it there for you, no problems.

edited December 1969

Thank you Chohle, I was about to upload another render that I done today after the great advice Jaderail gave me yesterday. Would it be possible for you to advice me on how to post renders to that section so that I can get feedback on how I can improve my renders?
    Thank you, it is appreciated.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Ok what you do is click on post reply, at the bottom, and then browse to the location of your image, in exactly the same way you did when you posted the image on it's own. THere's no magic, honest.

If you scroll up too the top of this page, you can see the image you posted.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Thank you Chohole
    :P

edited December 1969

wiibb said:
    Got very valuable feed back yesterday to help me better my renders from my first post so been busy all day working on this render.

Now that's highly impressive. Almost as if a pro's done it. :)

edited December 1969

Hi Ilena52 I am a little confused if you were referring to my render?
    LoL'ss still new here and not sure what is what......

But if it was I am blowing away with your comment about my render thank you very much

edited December 1969

Another day another render, I think I am getting the render bug no wonder all you guys are render crazy :P
    With me stubbing upon my new found hobby has opened my imagination to have no limits......
    This can get very addictive very fast :P

Magic_in_the_Woods.jpg
    800 x 700 - 481K
    edited December 1969

Yes,I was referring to your work wibb. I liked your post with the two girls that you said the post production work is done in photoshop since I myself am bagging the head against the desk trying to figure out how to combine these two elements. I like the image composition. This goes to the second one with the elf. I like how the light of the orb is reflected on the skin. :)

edited December 1969

Hi Ilena52, Thank you for such kind and encouraging words. I have just started with Daz about a 3 maybe 4 weeks ago and also photoshop doing a lot of tutorials with photoshop right now. I am now starting to get use to Daz and started to play about with lights in there. I done this one of the Elf today as got great advice of Jaderail yesterday so thought I would try what he advised me and this is what I got from his wise words.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I am sorry for being late to the party. Just got back up and running since a malware attack.

Anyhoo hope this helps with the early stages of placing items in the hand area.

In Daz Studio the "Snap To Parent" script is a great tool and easy to use.

Here in image one I loaded Genesis and at the feet a mobile phone (cellular phone) and selected the hand and the phone.

Image two I double click the "Snap to Parent" script. See image for the location of said script.

In one move image three shows it has been placed close to the hand and parented to it also.

SnaptoParent3.jpg
    700 x 810 - 116K
    SnaptoParent2.jpg
    700 x 933 - 287K
    SnaptoParent.jpg
    1255 x 965 - 390K
    edited December 1969

Hey Szark! Happy to see you again. Great tip about the Snap To Parent script. I have a question myself, I'm still very new to DS4.5Pro and use DS3A most of the time in the old school way. Load prop, move prop, position prop and then Parent when I'm real close. I've been doing it that way in 4.5 as well. Here's the question, does it matter which item you Select first when you use Snap to Parent? Example: If I select the Phone first and then the Right Hand will it move the Right Hand to the Phones position? Or will it still just move the Phone to the Hand?

edited December 1969

wiibb said:
    Another day another render, I think I am getting the render bug no wonder all you guys are render crazy :P
    With me stubbing upon my new found hobby has opened my imagination to have no limits......
    You learn very FAST. That is some great work wiibb. You are doing some good renders. I want to see you in the contest now.

This contest is about PROPS, in your first post you had some weapons in the hands (props). You should now do a render that has some props in it so you can enter it in the contest.

Feel free to keep asking questions of any thing you like, we are happy to help. And the tips will help you make a great Prop render for the contest.
    edited December 1969

Thanx Jaderail, Oppsss soz if I have posted renders in the wrong section here.....

Yip sure will see another one from myself, having so much fun with these renders

edited December 1969

wiibb said:
    Thanx Jaderail, Oppsss soz if I have posted renders in the wrong section here.....

Yip sure will see another one from myself, having so much fun with these renders

Hey your Fine! Post all the renders you like, just remember to use one for the contest it will need a prop/props to have a chance to win.
    edited December 1969

So here's the bikini car wash scene I was working on. Lots of props! Some parented, some not.

Bikini-Car-wash-GI.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 1969

So here's the bikini car wash scene I was working on. Lots of props! Some parented, some not.
    ROTFL!!! Great one. I love the Guy in the car. That expression!
    edited December 1969

The expression was hard to nail. Almost as hard as setting up the shaders for the foam and the sponge. The hardest of all was to get the water flow right from the hose. I may post the hose and emitter on on my ShareCG account. Unfortunately, it would have to be just for Carrara as rigging and particles won't transfer to other programs.

edited December 1969

The expression was hard to nail. Almost as hard as setting up the shaders for the foam and the sponge. The hardest of all was to get the water flow right from the hose. I may post the hose and emitter on on my ShareCG account. Unfortunately, it would have to be just for Carrara as rigging and particles won't transfer to other programs.
    I can see that water being done in Bryce with metaballs but DS would need a prop/props. Maybe now that DS4.5 is final we might get a particles plugin in the future.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I can see that water being done in Bryce with metaballs but DS would need a prop/props. Maybe now that DS4.5 is final we might get a particles plugin in the future.

The emitter uses metaballs, and the foam and the water coming from the sponge are metaball models.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

wiibb said:

I saw you’re renders really great work.
    I’m glad that you like paying with Daz :-)