movie render

grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I created a 200 frames of a camera doing a walk through my creation. I saved my project and then I attempted to do a sample render to see how it would look before I do the full render. Anything below full render crashes Daz program on my computer, but that's not why I'm creating this post. I restarted Daz and reloaded my project, and lo and behold, my 200 frames was consolidated to 60 frames.

60 frames is way to fast for what I want to show, and I don't want to spend the time creating the 200 frames again if Daz will keep consolidating it. How can I create 200 or more frames and keep those frames?

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited October 2012

It shouldn't compress frames, it certainly doesn't for me (I imported a 752 frames BVH and it saved and reloaded correctly). Which version of DS are you using and what is the method you are using to create the animation?

Post edited by ReDave on
  • grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
    edited October 2012

I have the latest version. I attempted this render after I had reset DAZ for down load and re-installed DAZ Studio a few days ago. Its fine though. I think 200 frames would move too fast too, so I decided to do what i want to do in parts and then connect the parts later.

Post edited by grpruett on
  • edited October 2012

I've had DS4 crash rendering, usually from the Hardware assisted setting. It seems to have to do with the Subdivision level. Certain items (props clothes), especially older ones don't seem to subdivide well, and you need to change the Mesh Resolution in the Parameters Tab to Subd - 0. Also, it takes a lot of memory to render to moviie, you might be better off rendering the frames as Image Series and then put together with Virtual Dub ... or something.
    As far as Compressing Frames, it does it nicely, if you have a 100 fps Bvh that you import, it might be 1500 frames long. Down in the Timeline change the FPS to 15 fps, DS4x will "compress" the animation to 15 FPS. It really depends on you needs, but movies (in the Theater) run at 120 FPS, VHS and Television 20 - 50 FPS, most DVD Rippers are set to 24 FPS and the older Cartoons, Popeye, Bugs Bunny, were only 7-10 FPS. You can get away with about 8-10 FPS on your Desktop, and still look Fluid, anything less gets kinda choppy.

Post edited by sparky_1_1bcc1a2f60 on