Using SSS on Genesis 2 using M4 char with no SSS

iDiruiDiru Posts: 698

So bare with me, this is a weird ass question.

I have a character I use right now who is using Malachi for M4. The char doesn't come with SSS that I know of. He's a genesis 2 character and I had used the skin converter to convert the skin but after I changed computers I must have messed soemthing up because it doesn't work right anymore... He still has the skin from where I transfered him but I can't seem to transfer any other skins, so I have to do it in a weird way. I take an m4/v4 character and copy and paste all their material nodes onto Genesis 2, with the m4/v4 for genesis 2 skin conversion thing that just wipes out all the texture and fixes the zones? or something.

Anyway, I have v4 chars with SSS but I can't find any M4 with SSS skins.

I know there's a script to do this easily but I can't figure out anything it's telling me to do, and it doesn't make any sense to me, so I was wondering if there is another way I can do this...

I have an idea in mind but it would be very weird. Use the m4 for genesis 2 and then load a second genesis 2. apply a genesis 2 male with sss to the normal one. copy and paste all nodes from regular genesis 2 to m4 genesis 2. Replace all the image maps with Malachi maps.

Would this work, or does it just sound ridiculous? I know theres' PROBABLY an easier way to do this but I can't ever get the stupid thing to work for me with the script.

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,448

Well... that's kind of a lot of text, and in the end I'm still not really sure what you are trying to accomplish.

Let's start here: what render engine are you using -- 3DL or Iray?

• iDiruiDiru Posts: 698

Well... that's kind of a lot of text, and in the end I'm still not really sure what you are trying to accomplish.

Let's start here: what render engine are you using -- 3DL or Iray?

Firefly

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,448

Sorry, can't help.  I don't do Poser anymore.

I'm sure someone will come along who can assist.

• false1false1 Posts: 43

Why not use the free EZskin 2 script with Poser? It'll add SSS to either character. You'll probably need create a preset for G2 though, but it's not difficult.

• iDiruiDiru Posts: 698

Why not use the free EZskin 2 script with Poser? It'll add SSS to either character. You'll probably need create a preset for G2 though, but it's not difficult.

Well, I couldn't figure out how to use it, but I think I understand it now lol. I seem to have more or less created a suitabel SSS skin with it.