Gen 3 Figures

For my personal works my main figures are still V4 and M4. I do use Genesis male and females on occasion, but I only have a handful of products for the Genesis 2 Females and absolutely nothing for Genesis 2 Males. I could never really find anything that made the figures worth investing in. Another thing that I has also kept me from investing more money than I have in them is the limited support life that the Genesis 2 figures have gotten. It seems that a vast majority of artist are only creating content for the current figures and V4 M4. I have gotten a number of products that have helped me extend the life of my Gen four figures and its kept me very happy. There are a few products coming out for Gen 3 that are incredibly lovely but I am not sure they are worth getting. I mean how long will support for this current line of figuers continue. Will they be dumped as soon as the Gen 8 series come out. That seems to be what has been happening.

One thing I am wondering is, is there a way to use Genesis 3 Male and Female textures one Genesis 2.

Comments

• One thing I am wondering is, is there a way to use Genesis 3 Male and Female textures one Genesis 2.

Not an automatic tool. You could use a tool for baking from one mesh to the other (Blender will do the job, this is discussed in the opposite direction - going to Genesis 3 - in one of the converting to Genesis 3 threads)

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184

I have a tool that lets me use Genesis 2 textures on Genesis.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,079

V4/M4, G1 and G2 figures used the same number of maps and the same material zones boundaries, so conversion between them was just a matter of providing alternate UVs for the target figure (not meaning that it's easy to create good alternate UVs, but it requires only one thing).

But with G3 you can't do that: the number of maps and material boundaries have changed, so you'd end up needing to use multiple texture maps on the same material zone if you simply provided alternate UVs, so that doesn't work. And you can't alter the material zones to fit the "texture changes" because the meshes don't have edge loops at the right place for that. That's the reason why the "Legacy UVs" packs for G3 by Cayman Studios include geografts: they add the polygons needed to alter the material zones, and the UVs.

But those packs exist only to convert to G3 right now, none have been produced to go back to earlier figures.