Update 1.3: SimTenero Randomizer [Commercial]

Hello All,

I realized I've never had a proper commercial thread for SimTenero Randomizer, so here it is! laugh

I've just submitted an update for testing, I'll post back here when it's available to download.

What's New in 1.3:

• AutoSave/AutoLoad - Morph selections are now saved on exit and restored the next time you run the script.
  • Last Used Directory - Selection Set load and save dialogs now default to the last directory used.
  • Filter Text Editor - Pressing the enter key while editing filter text now applies the filter rather than returning a new line.
  • Rotate Figure Slider - Added a slider to rotate the selected figure so you can finally see it from multiple angles without having to exit the script! smiley

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh I am especially looking forward to that rotating figure that will be most useful!

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Brilliant! I already find the Randomizer indispensable, so really looking forward to the update. Thanks!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I always appreciate continued support for existing products!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Great TY, love this product.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

Oh I am especially looking forward to that rotating figure that will be most useful!

No kidding, great addon, thanks for the update!

• simtenerosimtenero Posts: 383

Hey all, the update should be live in the store!!!  Check DIM or Connect for it and let me know what you think!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Yeah more fun!! laugh

woohoo. :)

Yup saw that today, now I have to make time to try it out.

Great update, the rotation is a huge asset. Any chance for movement and zooming in and out, that would be a plus also. Thanks again for the update!

I wish there was a thread to post results in or even sharing shaping presets,

You could start one in the art studio at least for results

You could start one in the art studio at least for results

Thanks, but I have started a couple threads in the art studio forum and they never panned out.

I have created at least 6 faces with the randomizer that are my mainstays at the moment. Wouldn't mind creating some for sharing or seeing what others have come up with. Surprized there isn't a thread on this already.

Plenty of the commercial threads include renders submitted by users - seeing that the average user can achieve the same kind of results as those achieved in the promos by the seller is a big part of what makes these threads useful. There are tons of user renders in Cath's shader threads and a few in many of the other commercial threads too. I'm probably missing something really obvious, but I don't see why results can't just be posted in this one.

True Astra, I just figured that many more felt like me and wanted to post about their results since it's such a great product, but since I am not seeing it anywhere, i don't want to be the sole poster or derail the thread.

one thing I have noticed with my time at DAZ is many users don't care about creating their own characters, hence the popularity of the addon on ones and the many posts about them, so that could be a reason.

True Astra, I just figured that many more felt like me and wanted to post about their results since it's such a great product, but since I am not seeing it anywhere, i don't want to be the sole poster or derail the thread.

one thing I have noticed with my time at DAZ is many users don't care about creating their own characters, hence the popularity of the addon on ones and the many posts about them, so that could be a reason.

I'd be happy to spin up a render and p[reset sharing thread in the Art Studio and see if it gets some traction :-).  There are some nice renders on one of the original Randomizer threads (I'll have to dig that link up), inlcuding some from the fine folks in this thread ;-).  I would LOVE to see more work from people using the Randomizer!!!

Question for everyone, should I start a specific Randomizer thread in Art Studio, or a more generic "SimTenero" renders thread? I'm also really anxious to see what people are doing with some other products, but I don't want to spam Art Studio with too many new threads laugh.

I'd say both,Randomizer thread for everyone to put their randamized characters,and Sim Tenero renders thread as well   last time I looked 2 new threads wouldn't be considered "spamming" the Art Studio .......

edited June 2016
    carrie58 said:

I'd say both,Randomizer thread for everyone to put their randamized characters,and Sim Tenero renders thread as well   last time I looked 2 new threads wouldn't be considered "spamming" the Art Studio .......

I think that sounds like a good idea :-).  I more meant doing one for Randomizer, one for Particle Physics, one for Zone Smoother etc.  While I'm all for self-promotion, if I suddenly dropped 5 new threads at once, I'd prolly just dilute things a bit cheeky.  I think you're right though, Randomizer probably deserves its own thread, especially if folks would also like to share presets.

Post edited by simtenero on

I don't know I personally think keeping the Particle Physics and Zone Smoother in a thread under your name would  be self promoting , plus you could put anything else you create in it as well I admit to being biased in Randomizers favor......... SimTenero's Stuff.........yeah no that's not gonna do it but you get the ideawink

I can probably fill up the randomizer thread all by lonesome.... just sayin... lol.

My avatar is a randomizer character.  Sadly my laptop croaked and about a quarter of my characters were on that but hey, gives me a good excuse to make more lol.

edited June 2016
    simtenero said:

I'd be happy to spin up a render and p[reset sharing thread in the Art Studio and see if it gets some traction :-).  There are some nice renders on one of the original Randomizer threads (I'll have to dig that link up), inlcuding some from the fine folks in this thread ;-).  I would LOVE to see more work from people using the Randomizer!!!

Question for everyone, should I start a specific Randomizer thread in Art Studio, or a more generic "SimTenero" renders thread? I'm also really anxious to see what people are doing with some other products, but I don't want to spam Art Studio with too many new threads laugh.

Sounds like a great idea to me. Here is an example of my current main character I created using your randomizer, quite a few of the G3F head morphs and the Sublime Head Morphs by 3DSublimeProductions at Rendo. texture is FW Gillian

alexa.jpg
    1557 x 857 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
    edited June 2016

It's so simple to create characters with the Randomizer that I must have dozens by now - I've got tons more from my resources than I would have done without it, characters that would mostly have stayed undiscovered on my hard drive forever. Either I'll hit the randomize button until someone that appeals to me turns up, as in the case of the first character shown, or I'll already have a character in my mind's eye and hit the button until something close to it shows, as in the case of the second. These two were created last night, and it took no time at all. The Randomizer is easily my favourite product.

Random1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 140K
    Random2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 162K
    Post edited by BlueIrene on

I hate using them out-of-the-box; this is any product.

For me, it's if I'm using them as is, why not just download a few that others have done, and save myself the cash; I enjoy the challenge of changing and then trying to get something looking decent.

Did anyone start up that thread in the art studio yet?  If no one else wants to do it I will be happy to get it started.  Just let me know.  I have a picnic to go to today but will be back later tonight.  I was not kidding when I said I could fill up a thread all by my lonesome lol...

Did anyone start up that thread in the art studio yet?  If no one else wants to do it I will be happy to get it started.  Just let me know.  I have a picnic to go to today but will be back later tonight.  I was not kidding when I said I could fill up a thread all by my lonesome lol...

Go for it, Sonja. Enjoy your picnic - I'm about to indulge in The Great Indoor Sport of Bathroom Cleaning. It's not something I voluntarily participate in often, and I may be gone for some time...

Go for it, Sonja. Enjoy your picnic - I'm about to indulge in The Great Indoor Sport of Bathroom Cleaning. It's not something I voluntarily participate in often, and I may be gone for some time...

Hahaha that would be a sport that I too avoid for as long as possible!  I will go ahead and set that up now since I don't have to leave just yet and I haven't finished my coffee yet and hopefully people will go ahead and jump in whenever

Thank you so much for setting that up!!!

I've been head-down working on a couple of new products and need to catch up on forum fun laugh.  I'll root through my history of renders to see if I have any random characters to contribute to the thread.

simtenero said:

Thank you so much for setting that up!!!

I've been head-down working on a couple of new products and need to catch up on forum fun laugh.  I'll root through my history of renders to see if I have any random characters to contribute to the thread.

No problem at all.  Looking forward to seeing what everyone has come up with!

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617

I just found this thread the other day, so of course, I ran out and bought the product.  Great fun, and lots of possibilities!

After getting a quick handle on what can be created, I wanted to start saving some face morphs.  Immediate problem:  Is there an easy way to create a thumbnail to go with the saved morphs?  Those blank exclamation points in triangles in squares aren't helpful at all!

Now that I think about it, and look around, I have a lot of those!  Any way to fill them in with meaningful images?  I know they need to be 91x91 pixels, but that's about it.

More importantly, is the ability to create thumbnails a feature of this product that I missed?

Thanks!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Does this have like a water splash function? So like when somebody does a cannonball in a pool a proper splash is done?