SimTenero Randomizer Characters Showcase Thread Everyone Welcome

IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

This is a thread to show off the characters you've made using SimTenero's Randomizer.  Everyone is welcome, subject to the usual forum rules. 

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited July 2016

This is one of my favorites.  An imperfect character with lots of attitude lol.

Alleya with Attitude Resized.png
    494 x 800 - 749K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited July 2016

Another not necessarily perfect character.

Draya Character.png
    510 x 826 - 555K
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Here's a few I have done. First image is using Odelle as the base.

Second image is G2M using Zev0's aging moprhs.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited July 2016

Coming up with a unique character is so quick and simple using the Randomiser that I sometimes feel like I must have a cast of thousands by now. This is one of the latest additions to the line-up - I can't remember what morphs she uses, but the hair is Trixy, her skin texture came from a character in the Egyptian bundle that was recently on offer and her cardigan is an old 40s V4 number. The examples posted so far are great, but they all make me want to go and Randomise even though I ought to be doing something else. Just.. one... more. Addicted, me? :)

Edited to add that the skin texture isn't 'straight from the box'. I took the eyebrows out in Photoshop - she's wearing 'Oh My Brows' from Renderosity, shaded with UHT2 to match the shading that I used on her hair.

Random_Lady.jpg
    800 x 800 - 139K
    Post edited by BlueIrene on
    edited July 2016

Those all look great!  I seriously think, oh I will just do one.... and three hours later and 10+ characters..... Add the skin builder and Slosh's uht2 hair salon and its all over lol.

Here is a goblin I did. he isn't done I haven't done his skin yet...

Goblin Base Character.png
    800 x 800 - 509K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I want this product! :) It looks like fun to be able to create random characters! 

I want this product! :) It looks like fun to be able to create random characters! 

Its crazy fun and super useful too.I spend far far less money on premade characters because I can make my own.  And no one else will have them lol. And you can set what morphs you want to use.  For instance. I have the faces of asia and the faces of africa.  I could use just those morphs and create a character, or I could just use the asian or the african morphs. Or I can check all the morphs in my gen 2 female base and see what happens.  Or all of my monster morphs.  Or or or... lol.  AND you can save each set of morphs you load to use later as well.  Seriously one of the ABSOLUTE best things out there.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,594
    edited July 2016

I agree Sonja, I usually purchase a character addon for the skin mostly, unique face morphs are a bunus.

thanks for starting this thread, love what everyone has posted so far!

Here are 2 of my custom goto characters for renders created with the randomizer Alexa and Sheri

alexa.jpg
    1557 x 857 - 1M
    alexadress.jpg
    879 x 867 - 871K
    sheritest.jpg
    1517 x 846 - 889K
    sheriposed.jpg
    890 x 870 - 747K
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

Lovely FSMCDesigns!

I have a real tendency to go hmmm how will this enhance the gene pool I have to work with?  lol.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,665

Nice thread and a lot of cool characters! I bought the Randomizer a while back and haven't used it much (as I get distracted easily.) I hope to play with it some more soon and post some renders.

edited July 2016

i started a new project and needed a male figuire for it. I had specific ideas of his background/look and then opened the randomizer and after about 20+ clicks, came up with the base I wanted and then did a few minor tweaks and I was done.

Meet Markus, he uses nothing but the DAZ face morphs. His skin is Ayo from rendo,

markus.jpg
    1546 x 855 - 1009K
    markusfull2.jpg
    1109 x 865 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

Nice!!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love all of the characters I'm seeing you guys make with this.  I haven't used it in awhile and this thread has encouraged me to play with it a bit more.  Keep posting images.  I love this.

So, I actually did play around with the Randomizer last night.  I wanted to see what kind of Hawaiian characters I could get.  I don't have all that many morphs for G3M yet.  So, I basically just used the Real World morphs for G3M, Muscularity and Shape Shift for my filter settings.  I ended up with several very good looking characters.  I think this one is my favorites.  I named him Keoki.  I loved it when I saw it while looking up Hawaiian names.  Then, when I looked closer, I found that it is the Hawaiian equivalent to George so I had to use it.

Wow he is awesome!

Thanks.  I think he turned out really well.  Take a look at those teeth, too!  Very realistic set of choppers!  :)

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

So, I actually did play around with the Randomizer last night.  I wanted to see what kind of Hawaiian characters I could get.  I don't have all that many morphs for G3M yet.  So, I basically just used the Real World morphs for G3M, Muscularity and Shape Shift for my filter settings.  I ended up with several very good looking characters.  I think this one is my favorites.  I named him Keoki.  I loved it when I saw it while looking up Hawaiian names.  Then, when I looked closer, I found that it is the Hawaiian equivalent to George so I had to use it.

Hooray for tools that make 3D fun! He is a great character, Knittingmommy.

- Greg

Nice work knittingmommy! Throw a diaper on him and you have s sumo wrestler, LOL

Nice work knittingmommy! Throw a diaper on him and you have s sumo wrestler, LOL

Now, that's a thought!

I'm glad Sonja started this thread. Some great characters have been posted. I really like how the gene pool has expanded with the randomizer tool.

edited July 2016

Just to note that the randomizer works on more than just figures. Here I used it on Buenaventura Hair For Genesis 2. Quick and easy way to style hair. The script will not work if the hair is parented to the figure but it does work if the hair is just fitted. If you want to rotate the character while styling the hair, parent the figure to the hair.

BV Hair comp.jpg
    1240 x 1640 - 325K
    Post edited by RGcincy on

I had forgotten that it works on other things!  that opens up a whole nuther realm of stuff to play with lol. Wonder if works on dragons.....

I had forgotten that it works on other things!  that opens up a whole nuther realm of stuff to play with lol. Wonder if works on dragons.....

It works great on random expressions for genesis 1 and 2 figures also

I did know it did expressions which I found out by accident because the first character I posted came with the attitude she is showing which had to be the randomizer since I didn't give her that expression lol.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199
    RGcincy said:

Just to note that the randomizer works on more than just figures. Here I used it on Buenaventura Hair For Genesis 2. Quick and easy way to style hair. The script will not work if the hair is parented to the figure but it does work if the hair is just fitted. If you want to rotate the character while styling the hair, parent the figure to the hair.

Just be careful. Don't try to use the script's Undo on an item fitted to your character (like hair). The Undo is still buggy and will make the hair fly off of your character's head. It happened to me again today, because I forgot about that. I had to zero the hair's shape and start over.

Ah that's good to know Barbult thank you

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199
    edited July 2016

Here is a character I made with the randomizer. The hair isn't randomized. That is the one I was working to randomize when I did Undo and it few off of her head. surprise When I had to zero it and start over, I got annoyed and decided to just dial a couple morphs myself. The expression isn't randomized either. Those saggy breasts are hard to dress. I had to use a heavy helping of Fit Control and smoothing on the Summer Kiss dress. The dress itself doesn't have very many morphs.

G3F Randomized front 017.jpg
    1280 x 1600 - 1M
    G3F Randomized side 017.jpg
    1280 x 1600 - 1M
    G3F Randomized body swim 017.jpg
    1280 x 1600 - 1M
    G3F Randomized body dress 017.jpg
    1280 x 1600 - 1M
    Screenshot 2016-07-06 23.44.28.png
    271 x 107 - 8K
    Post edited by barbult on

The fit control is a godsend for sure.  I like her she is very much a "normal" character.

• simtenerosimtenero Posts: 383

Wow these are amazing!!!  I'm especially impressed with how much everyone is able to wrangle out of a handful of morph packs.  Makes me think I need to tone it down, I tend to select a zillion morphs to randomize, but sometimes less is more :-D

Ice Dragon Art, thank you so much for starting this thread!  It's a real pleasure to see what everyone is working on.  Hopefully I'll have some time to render up some of my own random creations, but I'm neck deep in a couple of projects at the moment (one of which is also morph related wink).

simtenero said:

Wow these are amazing!!!  I'm especially impressed with how much everyone is able to wrangle out of a handful of morph packs.  Makes me think I need to tone it down, I tend to select a zillion morphs to randomize, but sometimes less is more :-D

Ice Dragon Art, thank you so much for starting this thread!  It's a real pleasure to see what everyone is working on.  Hopefully I'll have some time to render up some of my own random creations, but I'm neck deep in a couple of projects at the moment (one of which is also morph related wink).

Most welcome I was happy to do it.  One of my all time favorite products ever.