Would you like to save current scene before closing it?

I seem to be having a problem applying certain shaders to a surface. When I select a surface and find a shader to apply to it I get a message that states "Would you like to save current scene before closing it?" It happens other times as well, not just shaders or textures but wardrobe as well as other things. 

I'm not sure what the problem is but if there's a problem with these certain products then other peope should get this error as well!

Is there a solution to this problem that I'm experiencing?

Comments

• one product is beowulf for M4. When I try to add the clothing to the figure it get the message "would you want to save current sceen before closing it."

• DS is seeing the files you are applying as scenes, which load in place of the current scene, not presets. What happens if you right-click on the item and select Merge?

• I assumed that this is what was happening, when I right click on the shader or item of clothing it gives me the option to open as new or merge in to scene as well as other options. This doess indicate that the items are acting like scenes not objects!

• What loads if you choose Merge?

• Harkonnen1969Harkonnen1969 Posts: 131
    edited June 2016

Nothing loads, I just get an error message!

Post edited by Harkonnen1969 on
  • What was the error message? Did you have the target item selected?

• The error message state could not open file  then states the path and after says file does not exist!

I browse the file location but the files are present so the error is incorrect!

• How was the product isntalled, and from where in DS ar you loading?

• I generally use the install manager to install, and generally use smart content to load stuff. I have tried to load things using the content library but still get the same problem. I have loaded the same michael 4 and beowulf for m4 which did load!

• I generally use the install manager to install, and generally use smart content to load stuff. I have tried to load things using the content library but still get the same problem. I have loaded the same michael 4 and beowulf for m4 which did load!

You mean it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't? Or are these two different files with the same content?

• I mean't to say I loaded them in Poser successfully, they always fail to load in daz although I'm sure that the beowulf item did not always have this problem! I'm not sure when this started but I keep finding stuff that has this problem!

• OK. When it says it can't find the file, it's the actual library file it can't find not an OBJ file? Where is the allegedly missing file located on your drive?

• I've attached a screen cap of the message that I get when I try to merge file into screen!

Daz-error.png
    1278 x 435 - 188K
  • How does the file appear in the Content Library pane?

• Everything looks fine in both content library and in smart content.

• but you still get the same error loadign from the Content Library?

• As I stated previosly I do get the same message from the content Liibrary!

• Please post a screenshot of the folder with the files in an OS file browser. It may also be worth finding the file in the Smart Content pane and posting a screenshot showing it selected with the Info tab details at the bottom of the pane open.

• Everything looks present and correct only it doesn't load!  I've taken the screen shots you requested!

I thought of trying to load the same scene in the public beta build which loads without problem, I have save it as a scene which load correctly in the normal version! I can only assume this means that something is wrong with the program not the packages!

Screenshot-path.png
    3689 x 1787 - 272K
    daz-screenshot.png
    3823 x 1995 - 1M
  • Please click the upper of the two dark bars in the middle of the lower border of the Smart Content pane to show the Info tab, with the actual file path - you have more items in the folder than in the content pane so I'm wondering if they are pointing to something else.

• The impression I get is that there is something going wrong with daz studio, I try to add things like wardrobe or shaders and it's asking me if I want to save the scene before closing it. This makes me think that for some reason the models or shaders are being seen as scens not items of wardrobe or shaders. All the paths seem to be correct as when I browse file location the files are there, there could be something going wrong but I'm unable to see this as it does not show any indication of what it could be!

I could uninstall the program and see what happens but would like to try a few other things first! I have tried using the public beta version and have this problem but with other items but beowulf for m4 seems to work fine!

• If it's a CMS issue uninstalling and reinstalling won't affect it.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited June 2016

Do the shaders have a _ as part of the file name?  I have this problem with every shader that has an underscore as part of the name.  I fixed it by going into the file itself and taking the underscore out of the name.  Something about the update made it more sensitive to the file names and it does not like the underscores.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • im having the same problem with sum stuffs i got. sum are just fine others give me that same error like http://www.daz3d.com/ej-atsuko-for-genesis-3-female-s

all though i found out i can load it by clickin on the duf file but then i cant load any make up stuffs

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited June 2016

Seriously check and see if it the file names for the make ups or the shaders have an underscore or other special character in the name. If it does that's where the problem is.  I went in to the actual files and took out the underscore (for instance changes green_wood to greenwood) and now they work perfectly.  They will work if you right click on merge into scene or drag them over into the view port manually though even if you don't change them..

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • i found no underscores in the file names found a few !!! like EJ Atsuko !Body Remove.duf. i removed the !! and still same error

• after sum test i found it working if i go to content library in daz go to products find the content there right click and select uninstall then install again and it works

happy happy joy joy

• I think that i've found how to solve this problem. It seems that when I uninstalled beowulf for m4 I neglected to uninstall the connect files as well. So after uninstalling from dim and daz connect and reinstalling, everything works correctly.  This works with other stuff that this happens to!

I feel a bit dim after finding out what the problem was, never mind problem solved! LOL!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

@IceDragonArt, big thank you for that - I know I'm resurrecting an ancient dead thread, but your solution actually worked for a problem I was having with this error message on a product.  

Seriously check and see if it the file names for the make ups or the shaders have an underscore or other special character in the name. If it does that's where the problem is.  I went in to the actual files and took out the underscore (for instance changes green_wood to greenwood) and now they work perfectly.  They will work if you right click on merge into scene or drag them over into the view port manually though even if you don't change them..