*CLOSED* RRRR Contest - $240 in GC prizes!!

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

For me it sounds like the browser for some reason has decided images from daz3d.com are dangerous.

Um, Totte, some of them are...!

To the user maybe, but this one only protects the system i guess ;-)

• Lady WinterlaceLady Winterlace Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

New to this and probably a bit late, but here's my selection:

35 - Forsaken- Muusa The Myth
    37 - Generation 4 Statues
    119 - Wee Beasties
    120 - Wild Hearts Wildenlander for M4

Hmmm .....

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your comment Totte!

TAG:Sedor#2
    Title: Costume Party

Random Items:
    - V4 Bucaneer
    - Dirty Street
    - Juggling Act for V4
    - City Ruins Building 3

Also used... Hair, but... which one? I think it was "Pink Hair".

"I told you we are wrong - this is NOT the location of the costume party..."

fullsize render: http://sedorrr.deviantart.com/art/Costume-Party-336223571

2012-11-04_Costume_Party_web.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 708K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited November 2012

Totte said:
    MelanieL said:
    Well, I hope that image arrived OK - unfortunately I can't see it myself - as I mentioned on Friday, I haven't been able to see ANY images in the forum since October (several other people have this problem too, but I don't know where the problem is as you all are obviously getting your images) - I just hope this gets resolved before the voting starts!
    Thanks to Totte and Luci45 for their kind comments on my previous posts. I'm really sorry I can't make any further comments on all the images posted since October 30th, but I'm truly in the dark about them all!
    In a spirit of optimism, I've made my final pull...
    84 = Merman
    420 = Sport-Trainer Shoe Pack for Genesis
    761 = Cold Life
    597 = Songbird ReMix Shorebirds Volume II: Herons & Bitterns

Have you tried a different browser, security settings, reset cookies?
    For me it sounds like the browser for some reason has decided images from daz3d.com are dangerous.

Actually I started using Google Chrome during September because I was having problems downloading files (purchases) from DAZ in IE9. Then part way through October Chrome started behaving a bit strangely with images - they would initially display but once the whole page had loaded all the images would disappear again (little "X" boxes instead). So I switched back to IE9 for Forum browsing. Then on about October 30th I started having problems on IE9 too. Pages with images take ages to "finish" downloading, but the images never turn up, or sometimes just a garbled version of the top 1/3 or so of the image. It's weird and some other people have reported the same thing, but it seems to be just a few of us.
    I tried clearing cache, removing cookies, rebooting, resetting IE9 to default settings,... but nothing seems to work.
    So if anyone does have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

ETA: And the only place I have a problem is the DAZ Forums - the shop is perfectly OK, so are other sites that I go to regularly (though there may be others that I don't visit that also wouldn't work, who knows?) I can see the avatars and images in people's signature line, just not the javascript-based attachments. I updated Java to make sure I had the latest version, but that made no difference either.

ETA2: I've just been to the forum thread where fellow-sufferers have been hanging out and have discovered that the problem is with our anit-virus - a recent auto-update caused the problem. I now have a work-around that brings my images back! Oh, joy - now I can get back inside the twisted minds of Totte, Ken and the rest of you!

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Totte said:
    MelanieL said:
    Well, I hope that image arrived OK - unfortunately I can't see it myself - as I mentioned on Friday, I haven't been able to see ANY images in the forum since October (several other people have this problem too, but I don't know where the problem is as you all are obviously getting your images) - I just hope this gets resolved before the voting starts!
    Thanks to Totte and Luci45 for their kind comments on my previous posts. I'm really sorry I can't make any further comments on all the images posted since October 30th, but I'm truly in the dark about them all!
    In a spirit of optimism, I've made my final pull...
    84 = Merman
    420 = Sport-Trainer Shoe Pack for Genesis
    761 = Cold Life
    597 = Songbird ReMix Shorebirds Volume II: Herons & Bitterns

Have you tried a different browser, security settings, reset cookies?

Actually I started using Google Chrome during September because I was having problems downloading files (purchases) from DAZ in IE9. Then part way through October Chrome started behaving a bit strangely with images - they would initially display but once the whole page had loaded all the images would disappear again (little "X" boxes instead). So I switched back to IE9 for Forum browsing. Then on about October 30th I started having problems on IE9 too. Pages with images take ages to "finish" downloading, but the images never turn up, or sometimes just a garbled version of the top 1/3 or so of the image. It's weird and some other people have reported the same thing, but it seems to be just a few of us.
    I tried clearing cache, removing cookies, rebooting, resetting IE9 to default settings,... but nothing seems to work.

ETA: And the only place I have a problem is the DAZ Forums - the shop is perfectly OK, so are other sites that I go to regularly (though there may be others that I don't visit that also wouldn't work, who knows?) I can see the avatars and images in people's signature line, just not the javascript-based attachments. I updated Java to make sure I had the latest version, but that made no difference either.Read this post and see if it helps you http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10863/P15/#158525

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    MelanieL said:

ETA: And the only place I have a problem is the DAZ Forums - the shop is perfectly OK, so are other sites that I go to regularly (though there may be others that I don't visit that also wouldn't work, who knows?) I can see the avatars and images in people's signature line, just not the javascript-based attachments. I updated Java to make sure I had the latest version, but that made no difference either.

Read this post and see if it helps you http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10863/P15/#158525

Thanks a lot, Jaderail - I was just updating my post above for the second time as I'd just seen the latest info in the thread you linked - we cross-posted - so as you see I'm fine now, thanks.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Totte, "last supper?" Haha. I guess it does. Lord Biddle is a cross-dressing lunatic, but so far has not been crucified. I guess he doesn't cause that much trouble...

Markus, good to see you back at RRRR! #1 has got so many great things about it, mostly I like the rich color, texture and the lighting, your stark post-apocalyptic ambiance. #2 Gorgeous rich colors! I love that Juggling costume, still haven't used it.

Welcome, adacey! #1 Nice eerir one. That stark blue is chilling.

KaribousBoutique - Welcome! I love #1 (saw it on deviantart too.) Really good use of pull and funny and great composition! #2 - It's fun doing something dramatic (or melodramatic?) like this too. Anything goes here (within the TOS), as you may have noticed.

Totte, #6, wow, that is really wacko! I downloaded it to have something extra to chuckle about. (The flying guy could be mistaken for Mr Methane from this angle. An accident? :) )

Ken, the penultimate one - strange as always, and pretty funny. :lol: What is that extra moon? And no, I never really got the whole Paris story - my mythology knowledge is pretty spotty.

Kaputcha, #6 - another nice one. I always like your compositions. What are the two sculptures? Did you make them?

MelanieL, that's a really nice one! The dialog and posing are great and bright airy daylight adds to the incongruity or twistedness of the situation. Sorry about your browser problems. Oh, I see you have a solution? What Anti-virus program do you use? ( I wasn't mentioned by name as a twisted mind. That's not good.)

My ultimate pull:
    Hardcore for M4
    Lana Elite Texture
    GIS Link
    Great Room Grand Forks Furniture, Eclectic Texture

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

TAG: KaribousBoutique #3

2299. Hot Strike for V4/A4/G4 (Rendo)
    5664 West Park Morgue (DAZ)
    5650 Wedding Dress (Rendo)
    1043 CWRW Pro Textures for Mil Horse Bundle (DAZ)

Good grief...

Okay... Morgue, Horse, Kickboxing... Where else was I gonna go with this??

The Modern And Archaic Methods of Beating A Dead Horse

Other items used:
    Raider for Hot Strike (Mihrelle)
    Midnight Bride for Wedding Dress (kaleya)
    Drop the Hammer (DAZ 3D, Valandar)
    HR-45 (ali)
    Jillian Hair (Littlefox)

DeadHorse1.jpg
    2000 x 1328 - 446K
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited November 2012

And..., as I frequently say to my bartender, 'Last one, one more time!' (And this really is the last one, as in draw #7):

612 - Spirited Ladies
    1025 - Fairytale Collecton - Prince Charming
    568 - Lisa's Botanicals - Grasses & Flowers
    468 - Mystery Cave with Water

I think I know exactly what I want to do with this one. Hopefully, it won't require more shopping!

I actually did two versions of this - one in Poser 9, and one in DS4.5Pro. I chose the Poser version, because David's expression didn't import into DS properly; in fact, none of the morphs worked in DS! (What's up with that!? Never mind. I just checked the Poser General Preferences, and found that 'Use External Binary Morph Targets' was turned on; yeah, that'll do it! And yeah, I'm an idiot!)

Also used:
    Kozaburo's Kyoko Hair MK-3 Universal
    AprilYSH's Jamie Hair
    Millennium Dragon
    LA3D's Donavan for David (head morph)
    LA3D's Shelby for David (texture)
    Lee Dress for V3 MFD (Freebie from ShareCG)
    Morphing Fantasy Dress for V3 (Had to wrap that Lee Dress texture around something!)
    Vampire Coffin (Another freebie from ShareCG)

Title: While performing his Princely duties, His Highness' thoughts take a turn toward the random....

TAG: obanion#07

"Aw, crap! Why does it always have to be a damned dragon? And look at her; she's not even all that pretty!"
    "I should have been gay; then this whole 'Rescue-the-Princess' schtik would be Somebody Else's Problem!"
    "Hell, maybe I am! My parents did name me Charming, after all. I mean, come on, is that an F-O-D* name, or what!?"

* F-O-D: "Friend of Dorothy"
    RRRR_Commons_07P9.png
    800 x 600 - 803K
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited November 2012

Well, that's it for me!

As always, it's been a blast.

Now it's time to locate a pair of shoes and go vote.

Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Luci45 said:
    Lord Biddle and his daughter Kate visit the gnomes in Warner's Dell.

Used:
    LB's beanstalk
    Digital Cameras
    Red and green Macaw
    Diner Tableware

Also used:
    Neanderthal morph
    Pheasant Clothing
    Carnival Picnic Table
    Regency Hat
    M4 Hats (Rendo)
    Elements hair
    Bread and Basket from Medieval Market
    Pot from McLean Diner
    M5 Beard
    50s Casual for Genesis
    Background Rocks and Ground - Legends Alter
    Autumn Dreams

You are really making superb wacky renders Luci, this last one is like the "last supper", RRRR-style!

Hmm, now that you mention it....

But I'm seeing a bit of a Louis Carroll influence in this one. Except, instead of one Mad Hatter, there's a whole gaggle of them!

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 461
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Kaputcha, #6 - another nice one. I always like your compositions. What are the two sculptures? Did you make them?

Thank you. :) Those sculptures were generated from the Square Cliff prop that was part of my pull...it's a fun prop, and very versatile!

I don't remember if I've done 5 or 6 of these yet, so I'll make this my last entry. And...pull!

295. Wizard Pets Familiars and Constructs
    247. StoneWare, Organic 1.0: RoundStone
    374. Mestophales Dragon
    346. Gutterkraw

Interesting mix, if figure and prop heavy. The pets/familiars pack has at least 4 different ones as I recall, Roundstone is a pretty versatile prop, the Dragon is awesome, and Gutterkraw is a drum prop for Troll.

edited December 1969

So as I can now see images again, I thought I'd take a look back over the last few pages:

barbult RTFM - that's really good - love the chef's expression.
    Ostadan Audition - Lovely image - I like the big cat's balancing act, I'd give him the job!
    Sasje There is a little story - very nice render - the colours really draw the eye in.
    Totte Homeland Security Officer... - nice stance!
    Sasje SSSSHHHHT - another beauty - you're really on a roll there! Neat use of Enchanted Island and Leviathan too.
    Micky_3d Natasha & Tora - lovely colours again and I like your characters too.
    Luci45 Lord Biddle and his daughter... - another weird and wonderful one - I love all the hats!
    sedor Matchball - another wacky idea - fits together surprisingly well!
    adacey Look out behind you - very striking render, bold colours and lighting too.
    KaribousBoutique I don't think we're in NVIATWAS... - very clever - I like the "ruby boots"!
    Totte Dr Horrible's Garage Sale - wow, what a product list - I though we only needed to pull 4??! (and I like the jetpacker's expression)
    Ken OBanion Thou art a true Wizard... - nice smoky atmosphere, makes the characters really stand out.
    Kaputcha Stranger - what a striking background you've put together - the trees really look good - I like the colours here. Have you sorted out your laptop invisible image problem now?
    KaribousBoutique We Don't Take Kindly to Strangers - another striking bold colour scheme - good render too.
    sedor Costume Party - very atmospheric lighting - it really brings out the dingy surroundings.
    KaribousBoutique The Modern and Archaic Methods... - very funny! The woman on the right has a very determined look.
    Kan OBanion While performing his Princely duties... - amusing as ever and nice colour scheme.

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    MelanieL, that's a really nice one! The dialog and posing are great and bright airy daylight adds to the incongruity or twistedness of the situation. Sorry about your browser problems. Oh, I see you have a solution? What Anti-virus program do you use? ( I wasn't mentioned by name as a twisted mind. That's not good.)

Thanks for the comments. It was Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 - upgrading (free) to 2013 apparently solves it. Sorry I didn't name-check you on the "twisted" front - I hadn't seen your latest oeuvre when I posted that!

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

emsim said:
    Here's my next pull:

1024 Echoes of Andromeda
    852 Revelrie Midway Interiors
    1183 Old Fashioned Bicycles
    352 Omega Huntress X

Well, I finally finished this one.

Also used:
    Kay
    DeRoca Hair
    30's Menswear
    Jai Hair
    Carrara Skies Lightdomes I

TAG: emsim#3

Shooting Gallery
    Mike was quickly regretting setting up his booth in such a remote location...

Shooting_Gallery.png
    1200 x 900 - 1M
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

emsim said:

TAG: emsim#3
    Shooting Gallery
    Mike was quickly regretting setting up his booth in such a remote location...

This made me giggle!

edited December 1969

TAG: KaribousBoutique #3

2299. Hot Strike for V4/A4/G4 (Rendo)
    5664 West Park Morgue (DAZ)
    5650 Wedding Dress (Rendo)
    1043 CWRW Pro Textures for Mil Horse Bundle (DAZ)

Good grief...

Okay... Morgue, Horse, Kickboxing... Where else was I gonna go with this??

The Modern And Archaic Methods of Beating A Dead Horse

Other items used:
    Raider for Hot Strike (Mihrelle)
    Midnight Bride for Wedding Dress (kaleya)
    Drop the Hammer (DAZ 3D, Valandar)
    HR-45 (ali)
    Jillian Hair (Littlefox)

I love this one! From title to tone, it's classic RRRR!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Last pull... crossing fingers....
    #2724 Wench V4 A4 G4 (Rendo)
    #1447 Genesis Evening Gown
    #2269 Send In The Clones DS4 Pro (script)
    #1108 CWRW Pro Textures for the Mil Horse Bundle

OK, horses, a wench, an evening gown and a lot of something, sounds like a challenge ;-)

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

Just went through the entire thread.

This looks like some crazy kind of fun.............. My kind of crazy.

My 4 :

Faerie Dragon
    Modern Lawnmower
    T Rex
    Under The Sea

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited November 2012

Tag: Pixel8ted#4

Title: Slapdash Time Travel

Items pulled:

Alysa character and hair
    Cryolophosaurus
    Portuguesse man o war
    Space dweller V4

Other items used:

Genesis figure
    SteamPunk Rouge
    Genesis evolution morphs

Software used:

Daz Studio 4 Pro
    PD Particles
    Photoshop CS5
    Filter Forge

Slapdash-Time-Travel.jpg
    900 x 563 - 381K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    So as I can now see images again, I thought I'd take a look back over the last few pages:

Kan OBanion While performing his Princely duties... - amusing as ever and nice colour scheme.

Um, I think that was the result of the lighting. (What can I say? Sometimes you get lucky!) All of the textures were pretty much straight-out-of-the-box.

But thank you. I'll admit, I was pleasantly surprised by the end result.
  • HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 461
    edited November 2012

Thanks for the comment, Melanie! And yes, I did get the laptop issue sorted; seems it was related to my antivirus software. :)

Kaputcha said:
    I don't remember if I've done 5 or 6 of these yet, so I'll make this my last entry. And...pull!

295. Wizard Pets Familiars and Constructs
    247. StoneWare, Organic 1.0: RoundStone
    374. Mestophales Dragon
    346. Gutterkraw

TAG:Kaputcha#7

The troll on the left is wearing/using the stuff from Gutterkraw, the phantom dragon is Mestophales Dragon, the floating hands and the bookstand are from the familiars pack, and the fire pit and rock sculptures are all Round Stones.

Title: The Storyteller
    Full size: http://hoppitty.deviantart.com/art/The-Storyteller-336702878

trolls2sm.jpg
    800 x 450 - 156K
    Post edited by Hoppitty on
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Tag:Sasje#7

Thank you MelanieL

Ok, the last one :-)

RRRR:
    - Fantasy Camp.
    - Millennium Baby 3.0
    - Aiko 4 Base
    - Victoria 4.2 Base

For the rest:
    - Magic Falls
    - Millennium Horse Unicorn
    - Hatchling Dragon
    - Clothes A4
    - The Sorceress
    - Moonbaby
    - some plants and grass

A little help with magic

fantasie_bew.jpg
    961 x 750 - 368K
    edited December 1969

Okay, my first effort:
    Tag: Winterlace#1

My Hero: Even princesses have dreams ...
    At night, when the little princess couldn't sleep, she would tell all her little friends the story of the young and handsome stranger who had once come to this country to help her family gain the throne again.

My draw:
    Forsaken- Muusa The Myth
    Generation 4 Statues
    Wee Beasties
    Wild Hearts Wildenlander for M4

Also used:

M4
    V4 (clad in V4 bodysuit and an oversized tablecloth)
    Gothika shrine
    Elleth hair
    Lisa's Botanicals Hydrangea Bouquet
    Millenium Environment

i-vjWtbSb-X2[1].jpg
    960 x 960 - 214K
    edited December 1969

And I gave it another shot and ended up with:

Breast Cancer Research Russian Egg
    Little Soldiers Horse Pack #4
    Multiplane Cyclorama
    Ultimate Digital Fabric Pack: Isobel

Now that will be funny ...

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

Tag: Pixel8ted#5

Title: Refuting the Evidence

Pull items:

Hardcore
    Perfect Shoes and Stockings for Genesis
    Trixy Hair
    Morphing Python

Additional items used:

Saba's Alkair Table and Chairs (chair)
    Axel International M5
    Cat Character and Hair
    Tres Chic (shirt)
    JeanZ for V4 (shorts)
    Wicked Footwear 002
    Wicked Footwear 002 Textures
    Cold Blooded
    Picknic Basket (wine bottle)
    Genesis Figure
    Iconic Shapes for Genesis (M3 shape to fit Hardcore)
    Genesis Evolution Morph Bundle

Software used:

Daz Studio 4 Pro
    Photoshop CS5
    Filter Forge

Refuting-the-Evidence.jpg
    877 x 900 - 629K
    edited November 2012

The second one actually went pretty fast:

TAG: Winterlace#2
    The Trophy
    Tumbleweed had always been rather proud of his trophy for 'Best cavalry horse' ...

------
    EDIT: Actually uploaded the wrong file - have added the right one now ....

Random items:

Breast Cancer Research Russian Egg
    Little Soldiers Horse Pack #4
    Multiplane Cyclorama
    Ultimate Digital Fabric Pack: Isobel

Additional items:
    Magik Poseable & Conforming FX Figures
    Tumbleweed the Toon Horse
    A primitive disk

the_trophy.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 805K
    The_winner.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 577K
    Post edited by Lady Winterlace on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

Hey! How can DAZ justify pulling down my RRRR image because of violence, then they post this in a product readme?

Severed Man
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15288/start

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Hey! How can DAZ justify pulling down my RRRR image because of violence, then they post this in a product readme?

Severed Man

It was even a live item for a bit today, now we are told next week is the real release date. Maybe they plan FLAGS next week. If not I'm also PO'ed a bit. I had to do several renders over to NOT show anything as over the top as that.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    barbult said:

Severed Man

It was even a live item for a bit today, now we are told next week is the real release date. Maybe they plan FLAGS next week. If not I'm also PO'ed a bit. I had to do several renders over to NOT show anything as over the top as that.

I'm inclined to agree. Apparently, I was one of the few who got to view barbult's original image, and although I will acknowledge that it was rather graphic, it was not overtly violent. (The "violence" had already happened, and whatever "violence" the image inferred, it was not deliberate, in the 'slasher' sense of that promo image; this was just the aftermath, the definitive 'Oh, s***!' moment, as it were.)

But seriously, that product doc is more than a bit over the top. And DAZ definitely needs to adhere to their own TOS, or abandon that aspect of it altogether. There is absolutely nothing worse, in my mind, than a hypocrite.

That said..., I think I want it!