Let's TALK ABOUT Superheroes/superheroines

Comments

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RAMWolff said:
    I work out 3 times a week. Right now I have the 2nd stage of a bad cold so no gym for me today. Perhaps on Wednesday. I have bad shoulder joints so I can't lift what i used to be able to lift but glad to still look better than allot of guys my own age. Plus I have those amazing genetics that have me looking ALLOT younger than I really am.

This was taken about 3 years ago but my body and face are about the same. I have a bit more gray now as it's starting to really come in but the face is holding up pretty well. Belly IS going down since starting at Crunch gym but it will take a little while longer. When the cold is gone or under control I'll hit the gym and get back to work. I just don't want a relapse this early in the season!

You are a gorgeous beyotch, Rammy! :D

I love when my st8 friends compliment us gay boi's and don't feel weird about it! Truly cool! HUGS

What's weird about it? We're apparently secure enough about ourselves to appreciate beauty no matter what the source.

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    RAMWolff said:

I love when my st8 friends compliment us gay boi's and don't feel weird about it! Truly cool! HUGS

What's weird about it? We're apparently secure enough about ourselves to appreciate beauty no matter what the source.

Some aren't, mind you. Which is a sad thing.

Heard about Champions but never got around to finding a copy to peruse. Maybe I'll try my luck online!

edited October 2012

LOVED FREEDOM FORCE! Haven't played that game in a long time. Not even sure if my current PC can run it. Great game. :)

When I had the game, I downloaded a Superman mod and turned my character into Superman. Had a blast with all the mods for the game. Heh. :D

Good to know you share my love of the game. :-) My one small quarrel with it is that the gals seem to have heads that are slightly large relative to their bodies. I'd also have preferred that the game allowed you to design your own custom levels for it. Apart from these two things, the game was perfect, with all the great mods!

Post edited by K T Ong on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    RAMWolff said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RAMWolff said:
    I work out 3 times a week. Right now I have the 2nd stage of a bad cold so no gym for me today. Perhaps on Wednesday. I have bad shoulder joints so I can't lift what i used to be able to lift but glad to still look better than allot of guys my own age. Plus I have those amazing genetics that have me looking ALLOT younger than I really am.

This was taken about 3 years ago but my body and face are about the same. I have a bit more gray now as it's starting to really come in but the face is holding up pretty well. Belly IS going down since starting at Crunch gym but it will take a little while longer. When the cold is gone or under control I'll hit the gym and get back to work. I just don't want a relapse this early in the season!

But... how can you deny the man's gorgeous beyotchness? No man could. He's just too... RAMWolffy!

:D

edited October 2012

Look at what you've done, RKane, you've frightened Rammy away. Now he no longer dares to visit this thread, let alone post here. :coolsmirk:

I wonder how many superheroes/heroines unwittingly attract sexually and then get desperately pursued by members of the opposite sex (or even the same sex %-P ) at some point in their careers, so much so their attempts to evade their pursuers become exciting adventures in their own right.

FC_07___Spectacular_Spiderman_by_The_Demon_Etrigan.png
    600 x 922 - 897K
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

LOVED FREEDOM FORCE! Haven't played that game in a long time. Not even sure if my current PC can run it. Great game. :)

When I had the game, I downloaded a Superman mod and turned my character into Superman. Had a blast with all the mods for the game. Heh. :D

I made something on the order of 150 meshes for that game. Covered everything from simple tweaks of the default meshes to fit certain costumes, all the way through to fully transforming / original geometry transformers. Oh, and a few maps, and some props (cars to smash, the Thundertank, etc).

Sample of one of my Freedom Force Transformers:

http://www.3d-kitty.com/valandar/ArmorhideAnim.avi

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Great pic, K T ong. :)

I know Superman was persued by two women at different times. Had a few stories on that one. Lady Maxima, a fiery red head persued Superman because she wanted a suitable mate for her Empire (She is Queen of the planet Almerac). See first picture. Lady Maxima would be a thorn in Superman's side for years to come and he would spurn her every time. However, in an ELSEWORLDS story, Lois Lane died trying to have Superman's child and Lady Maxima and Superman fell in love. So, at least in that universe, she succeeded in getting him. ;)

Then there was Dana Deardon who was obsessed with Superman and wanted to be his wife. She had 3 incounters with Superman and was called "Obsession". In her final incounter with Superman, she called herself "Mrs. Superman" and even dressed kinda like him. She saved his life by intercepting a magical bolt meant for him, but she died as a result. Her last words to Superman were, "I did this because I love you." Even in the end she didn't give up, dying never knowing that at this point Superman was already married to Lois Lane.

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) was also persued by Star Sapphire when Carol Ferris was possessed by the Star Sapphire gem. :D

That's all the ones I can think of.

200756-48906-obsession_large.jpg
    300 x 555 - 44K
    412px-Maxima_001.jpg
    412 x 599 - 74K
    edited December 1969

Valandar said:

I made something on the order of 150 meshes for that game. Covered everything from simple tweaks of the default meshes to fit certain costumes, all the way through to fully transforming / original geometry transformers. Oh, and a few maps, and some props (cars to smash, the Thundertank, etc).

Sample of one of my Freedom Force Transformers:

http://www.3d-kitty.com/valandar/ArmorhideAnim.avi

That transforming Robot is AWESOME! WIsh I had been aware of that when I had the game. :)

edited December 1969

Oh, it will take more than my RAMWolff appreciation to frighten him away. Trust me.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

BOO! :bug:

edited December 1969

AAAH!

CRAP! You scared me.

:P

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

GOOD! lmao! :P

edited October 2012

That transforming robot seemed kind of... bulky. Guess it's just my taste.

I wish I could give off the same scent as Superman so I could attract all those hot chicks. Look at me, 49 years old and still a virgin. :down: (I do play with my pillows often, though.)

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    K T Ong said:
    Tried doing an online search on 'Superhero 2020'. Didn't seem to find anything. Perhaps it's gone out of print, which would be a pity. Does it have a whole list of powers for you to pick from as you design your hero/ine character?

Some of the weaknesses listed in Superworld which you can assign to your heroes/heroines are just hilarious, by the way. (In Superworld you roll the seven statistics for your hero/ine [strength, dexterity etc], and their sum total forms a pool of points which your hero/ine uses to buy powers and skills, but if s/he runs out of points, s/he can get more points by accepting various weaknesses.) How about 'Bad Habit'? Your hero/ine can have 'nail chewing' or 'nose picking' for 1 point each. S/he can also accept a 'phobia' for 5 points. Oughta be fun having a hero as majestic as Thor who scratches his armpits and is terrified of roaches. :lol:

As for watching a DVD with your system while it's also doing a rendering, all I'd say is: just make sure your system's up to it!

The game didn't have a real list of powers. It left pretty much everything to be worked out between the gm and the player. Unlike some games, it didn't suffer from too many rules, but from too few. If you can find a copy, it might be worth picking up for the novelty, but it really wasn't much fun to play.

Champions was the first super rpg I liked. It has a point system for buying powers, as well as enhancements (increased cost) and limitations (reduced cost). It is pretty good for crafting unique variations on standard powers.

Finding time to coordinate schedules with my other gaming friends has been a problem of late, so I've been playing DCUO when I have a few hours free. Not that I have that much free time, but sometimes I just need to sit down and do some mindless villain pounding. If you are on the PS3, (and this goes for anyone here), let me know via PM. I've got a couple of Leagues I can make and like playing as a team or just helping folks out.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    That transforming robot seemed kind of... bulky. Guess it's just my taste.

I wish I could give off the same scent as Superman so I could attract all those hot chicks. Look at me, 49 years old and still a virgin. :down: (I do play with my pillows often, though.)

It was based on this:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/cybertron/armorhide/675/

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    riftwitch said:
    RAMWolff said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RAMWolff said:

But... how can you deny the man's gorgeous beyotchness? No man could. He's just too... RAMWolffy!

To quote one of my favorite Scottish assassins, he's dead sexy.

edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:
    riftwitch said:
    K T Ong said:
    Tried doing an online search on 'Superhero 2020'. Didn't seem to find anything. Perhaps it's gone out of print, which would be a pity. Does it have a whole list of powers for you to pick from as you design your hero/ine character?

Some of the weaknesses listed in Superworld which you can assign to your heroes/heroines are just hilarious, by the way. (In Superworld you roll the seven statistics for your hero/ine [strength, dexterity etc], and their sum total forms a pool of points which your hero/ine uses to buy powers and skills, but if s/he runs out of points, s/he can get more points by accepting various weaknesses.) How about 'Bad Habit'? Your hero/ine can have 'nail chewing' or 'nose picking' for 1 point each. S/he can also accept a 'phobia' for 5 points. Oughta be fun having a hero as majestic as Thor who scratches his armpits and is terrified of roaches. :lol:

As for watching a DVD with your system while it's also doing a rendering, all I'd say is: just make sure your system's up to it!

The game didn't have a real list of powers. It left pretty much everything to be worked out between the gm and the player. Unlike some games, it didn't suffer from too many rules, but from too few. If you can find a copy, it might be worth picking up for the novelty, but it really wasn't much fun to play.

Champions was the first super rpg I liked. It has a point system for buying powers, as well as enhancements (increased cost) and limitations (reduced cost). It is pretty good for crafting unique variations on standard powers.

Finding time to coordinate schedules with my other gaming friends has been a problem of late, so I've been playing DCUO when I have a few hours free. Not that I have that much free time, but sometimes I just need to sit down and do some mindless villain pounding.

If you are on the PS3, (and this goes for anyone here), let me know via PM. I've got a couple of Leagues I can make and like playing as a team or just helping folks out.

I'm on Windoze. It would be nice if Windows & PS3 players could interact with each other, but I don't know if it will ever happen.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

I'm jealous.:shut:

edited October 2012

K T Ong said:
    riftwitch said:

I'm jealous.:shut:
    I'm glad I never had to compete with him for ladies' attention; I had enough difficulty dating. (Think Peter Parker without the spider bite.)

Post edited by riftwitch on
    edited October 2012

Hey, I was just joking actually. ;-) I'm perfectly confident I'm not all that bad-looking myself.

Always entertained this politically incorrect version of Venom's origin. Perhaps Peter Parker discarded the symbiote suit because it was just too tight in the crotch area -- the suit had a perverted personality. As for Eddie Brock, he was a ghey co-worker who was desperately in love with Peter, except Peter was homophobic and horrified of Eddie, whom he constantly kept away from. The heartbroken Eddie meant to commit suicide when the equally dejected symbiote suit stumbled upon him and promptly wrapped itself around him, and in this way Venom was born. ;-P Venom, as we know, has a very complex love-hate relationship with Spiderman, doesn't he?

edited December 1969

If anyone is interested, there is a trailer for Iron Man 3 on YouTube.

edited December 1969

HATE Tony's new suit! Good trailer, though.

And it will probably feature a one minute boss battle in the end like the second one. *Rolls eyes*

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

It looks a lot like they were going for his Red/Silver look this time around. Was that supposed to be War Machine in the beginning? If so what is up with the Red/Silver/Blue color scheme? Not complaining about the Old glory paint scheme but War Machine is a Black/Dark Grey color scheme, don't mess with it, it works for that armor. I couldn't agree more with needing more than a lackluster and short boss fight at the end, it needs to occupy a lot more of the time than a measly few minutes considering that he is fighting The Mandarin this time around. It also looks like his LMD suit makes an appearance .

edited October 2012

OK after checking I was wrong, not the red/silver but the Extremis style armor. I missed that story arch so that was where I goofed.

ETA: DOH!! :facepalm: why didn't I just edit the last post??!! I could answer that but I think the censors would get me for it!

Post edited by shadowhawk1 on
    edited October 2012

I couldn't agree more with needing more than a lackluster and short boss fight at the end, it needs to occupy a lot more of the time than a measly few minutes considering that he is fighting The Mandarin this time around.

The Mandarin's going to appear this time? YIKES! :bug:

Been working on a pic of a new superhero I made up, by the way. Hope you fellas will find it good. It's based on a figure from Buddhist mythology. I'm dubbing him the Diamond Bearer.

Diamond_Bearer.png
    730 x 1200 - 416K
    edited October 2012

Here are a couple traditional images of the figure on whom I've based my hero. His name in Sanskrit (India's classical language) is Vajrapani, literally 'diamond in the hand'.

See if you can identify some of the special features of this character which I've duplicated in my pic. ;-)

wadjrapani14.jpg
    600 x 871 - 600K
    krodha_vajrapani_to58.jpg
    514 x 800 - 435K
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

HATE Tony's new suit! Good trailer, though.

And it will probably feature a one minute boss battle in the end like the second one. *Rolls eyes*

Oh, but the excitement, when he activated his suicide bomb - with a 20 minute countdown O_O

If only real terrorists would work like this....

edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    I couldn't agree more with needing more than a lackluster and short boss fight at the end, it needs to occupy a lot more of the time than a measly few minutes considering that he is fighting The Mandarin this time around.

The Mandarin's going to appear this time? YIKES! :bug:

Been working on a pic of a new superhero I made up, by the way. Hope you fellas will find it good. It's based on a figure from Buddhist mythology. I'm dubbing him the Diamond Bearer.

Cool looking super-hero there. He must like blueberries. :D

Yes, the Mandarin is going to appear and be the villian. Unfortunately, he's a MAJOR MISCAST as the actor isn't Asian when the Mandarin is. Why can't Casting Directors do their freakin' jobs right?

edited December 1969

It looks a lot like they were going for his Red/Silver look this time around. Was that supposed to be War Machine in the beginning? If so what is up with the Red/Silver/Blue color scheme? Not complaining about the Old glory paint scheme but War Machine is a Black/Dark Grey color scheme, don't mess with it, it works for that armor. I couldn't agree more with needing more than a lackluster and short boss fight at the end, it needs to occupy a lot more of the time than a measly few minutes considering that he is fighting The Mandarin this time around. It also looks like his LMD suit makes an appearance .

I don't recall the Extremis Armor having that much of a creamy yellow look. It was still mostly red and some gold (and looks freakin' awesome in the comics! :) ). But here? Hardly any red while most of it is a disgusting looking creamy yellow look? UGLY!

As for the War Machine look, I have no idea if that was James Rhodey. But in the comics, the guy who wore that style of Iron Man Armor was Normon Osborn. He called him the Iron Patriot. HAAAATED that. Normon is the Green Goblin NOT a guy trying to be a hero and an Iron Man rip off to boot.

In Iron Man 3, The Iron Patriot will most likely be someone else. I'm guessing Rhodey (another miscast character).

edited December 1969

Because they are from Hollywood? :lol: Sorry couldn't resist that one!