how to select objects light affects

mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,056

And another question ... is there a way in Daz that I can have a light affect only certain objects in a scene?

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I think that is something you might possibly be able to do in 3Delight, but not sure.  I don't believe you can do that in Iray.  Hopefully, someone can help you with better info.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,056

Thanks knittingmommy! This also seems like something perhaps the kind programmers could arrange for us =)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,908

AoA lights (3DL) have flagging to allow you to only have a light apply to certain objects.

For Iray, no, though you can explore Canvasses, which allows you to set up varying lighting and objects so you can layer in photoshop or something.

Thanks Will!

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

Actually there is an Iray feature for this, called light path expressions, that is designed for precisely this. It is not an easy feature to use, but there are some threads about it in the Technical forum here. 

edited June 2016

I will definitely look into that and hopefully a mere button to accomplish this feat can be added by DAZ to the feature set of Studio. Thanks Tobor!

Post edited by mcorr on