Using Poser v4 Dynamic Clothes in Daz?

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Is there a way to use Poser Dynamic Clothes for v4 in Daz?

I don't care about the "dynamic" part of it, but just loading the outfits as a regualr thing..

I remeber trying once and the skirt just was flying in mid air, but all I did was load it with no idea what I was doing...

Is there a way?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,069

Poser dynamic clothes is simply a static prop, the only way to use it as conforming clothes is to rig it yourself.

You can also try to use it as DS dynamic clothes if you have the DynCreator script from Rendo.

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606

Of course you can. It's just another prop without weight or skeleton.

Poser format clothing and props load directly and nicely in Daz Studio btw.

You just need to rig the Poser dyna cloth 'prop' using Transfer Utility, onto Daz character of your choice.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

You make it sound easier than I suspect it'll be.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    Scavenger said:

You make it sound easier than I suspect it'll be.

Exactly! I have a ton of clothing .OBJs and have never had any lick rigging them with the transfer utility. Care to share any settings/secrets mythmaker

• ermullensermullens Posts: 93

easiest method I have found in rigging dresses or static props designed for another figure after adjusting the fit in hexagon was by using sickleyields rigging addon does quite good on most things used it to rig Silver and WildDesigns Serenata outfit for v4 to fit Gen3 used the dyn creator work good only thing i havent figured out is how to keep the top from draping down on a strapless dresss.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,900

Rigging seems very hit and miss, but dynamic script works nicely.

Ermullens: One thing I would suggest is editing the obj with Geometry Editor and taking some of the dress facets to create a second surface zone (or more). This way, when you convert to dynamic, you can do something like have an edge at the top that has very high friction/damping to help keep things from collapsing.

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

Rigging seems very hit and miss, but dynamic script works nicely.

Ermullens: One thing I would suggest is editing the obj with Geometry Editor and taking some of the dress facets to create a second surface zone (or more). This way, when you convert to dynamic, you can do something like have an edge at the top that has very high friction/damping to help keep things from collapsing.

Thanks for the hint... i totally forgot about using the geometry editor function for this!

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Before my current adventure in reimaging my computer, I did load the dress in question and it loads in T form, so that's useful .  now I'll just  now need to figure out next steps