Why Is My Pie Crust Still Frozen Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited October 2012

wishes for poser procedurals to do borealisess lights, colourful nebula clouds, raw pie dough.

misread armour as amour

Post edited by Mistara on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,020
    edited October 2012

Rezca said:
    @Tjohn: FINALLY someone mentioned Buzz Lightyear XD
    I so wanted to do that but was so tired I just went to bed instead =3
    Also anyone know how to cure a noticeable polygon phong angle issue with D|S when using some morphs at extreme settings? (By this I mean the morph is turned up pretty high, and each individual polygon is seen.)
    I know in C4D this happens if the Phong tag is deleted or the angle limit is reduced and shading gets less smooth, but I've never once had it happen to me just by turning up a morph or seen it happen in D|S before. (The model in question is the Digi-I Rex and the "Full Belly" morph.)

Hmmm...can you Edit>Figure>Geometry>Add Subd? This should give you up to 2 levels of high resolution detail in the Parameters tab. That might smooth out the polygons on the figures.
    Edit: wrote this before reading the previous answer you received. And tell your friend that we don't pick on people here, but we will start picking on her/him if they don't join in here. ;-)
    Post edited by TJohn on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,728
    edited December 1969

I have known about this cool website called Daz for a long time. They have a store there and I spent thousands or more on goodies for my virtual dolls. Most of that time I was/am a PC member which helped me save a lot on stuff for my virtual dolls. I have lots of stuff for my virtual dolls but I want as much as I can afford. Anyone else like this here?

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

I have known about this cool website called Daz for a long time. They have a store there and I spent thousands or more on goodies for my virtual dolls. Most of that time I was/am a PC member which helped me save a lot on stuff for my virtual dolls. I have lots of stuff for my virtual dolls but I want as much as I can afford. Anyone else like this here?

Probably. Although I'm more interested in the structures and critters than the people ;)

edited October 2012

*huffs* Some people just don't care to read >_>

I get this question on one of my snake images:
    "alright, im new to poser, is there a way you could explain how to do this?"

My response:
    "I don't use Poser or D|S so I wouldn't know. D|S has these "D-Formers" that let you move the geometry around a bit, not sure about Poser. That would work for the first bulge.... But the one that's further down in the belly you'd need an external modeling program like Wings3D, Hexagon, or Blender as it isn't really possible - to my knowledge - to do such an inctricate bulge within either D|S or Poser.

To sum it up, I have no real idea how to step-by-step this in your app other than export the model as a static OBJ file and modify it in a modeling program. I used Cinema4D to do this and just used a deformer object to deform the snake's skin around the human inside."

Two hours later his response:
    "im new to poser, could you please explain how to do this?"

>_>
    Oh well is not as bad as this guy that was pestering another artist I enjoy about how she draws her Ovi dinosaur character. Kept asking how she draws HIM (After she told the guy TWICE that Ovi was female), and she tells him she draws her in Photoshop with a pen tablet, then links to a tutorial where she draws Ovi step-by-step. He then asks again "YES BUT HOW DO YOU DRAW HIM!?" (And she once again tells the guy Ovi is a female, and that she does all her drawing in Adobe Photoshop.)
    Guess what the guy asks then?
    "Is adobe photoshop the same thing as photoshop?"
    XD

Post edited by Rezca on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I never see the point in filling my runtimes with lots of stuff, just because it is there to grab, download and install, and then never finding the time to do anything with it because of searching for still more stuff to buy, download and install.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I never see the point in filling my runtimes with lots of stuff, just because it is there to grab, download and install, and then never finding the time to do anything with it because of searching for still more stuff to buy, download and install.

Guess I need to get help for hoarding Poser/DS stuff.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    *huffs* Some people just don't care to read >_>

I get this question on one of my snake images:
    "alright, im new to poser, is there a way you could explain how to do this?"

My response:
    "I don't use Poser or D|S so I wouldn't know. D|S has these "D-Formers" that let you move the geometry around a bit, not sure about Poser. That would work for the first bulge.... But the one that's further down in the belly you'd need an external modeling program like Wings3D, Hexagon, or Blender as it isn't really possible - to my knowledge - to do such an inctricate bulge within either D|S or Poser.

To sum it up, I have no real idea how to step-by-step this in your app other than export the model as a static OBJ file and modify it in a modeling program. I used Cinema4D to do this and just used a deformer object to deform the snake's skin around the human inside."

Two hours later his response:
    "im new to poser, could you please explain how to do this?"

>_>
    Oh well is not as bad as this guy that was pestering another artist I enjoy about how she draws her Ovi dinosaur character. Kept asking how she draws HIM (After she told the guy TWICE that Ovi was female), and she tells him she draws her in Photoshop with a pen tablet, then links to a tutorial where she draws Ovi step-by-step. He then asks again "YES BUT HOW DO YOU DRAW HIM!?" (And she once again tells the guy Ovi is a female, and that she does all her drawing in Adobe Photoshop.)
    Guess what the guy asks then?
    "Is adobe photoshop the same thing as photoshop?"
    XD

That is so funny, in a pathetic sort of way. Why do they ask questions if they are not going to bother to read the answers. :roll:

Unfortunately it is a common complaint. could be it's contagious :question:

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Yeah, try Kit bashing. It's fun, and it doesn't cost any money because you try combining what you already have to make different things.

edited October 2012

chohole said:

That is so funny, in a pathetic sort of way. Why do they ask questions if they are not going to bother to read the answers. :roll:

Unfortunately it is a common complaint. could be it's contagious :question:

It is sort of funny to read, but not so fun to have to deal with it yourself ^_^

I was half-expecting the recent questioner to ask me where he could get CInema for free (A question I've been asked by people on DA at least... I think five or six times so far. Out of these five requests, only two people asked where they could buy it/how much it was, and one had never heard of the program before. The others asked for places to download it >_>.), but instead he just repeated his same question.

Feh. I got asked once if I could give the guy the snake models I had, and after I posted links to the product pages on DAZ and Turbosquid so he could buy them himself, the guy just asked again this time saying "If I gave you credit". Incredulous, I asked if he even knew that would be illegal and he just responded "lol yeah I know" and asked again. Blacklisted the guy, but I doubt reporting him to DA moderators would do anything.

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

Yeah, try Kit bashing. It's fun, and it doesn't cost any money because you try combining what you already have to make different things.

That's always fun. Mixing and matching stuff is one of DAZ product's specialties~
    If you have a modeling app of any kind you can take that even further by removing individual parts of a set or clothing prop to use. That door might look better elsewhere, or broken down, etc. No need to go looking for a destroyed hospital hallway when you already have a hallway and just need to dismantle a few things =3

edited December 1969

I think there is a feline rule that states Cats like freshly cleaned litter box. Those cats would use a freshly cleaned box as soon as they find out it just got cleaned.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

hoarding Poser/DS stuff isn't unusual.

:lol: most morning, i spend a couple hours looking for content to buy or wishlist.

promo art is still art.

and sometimes an item will inspire a chapter or a re-edit.

i used to describe a character or their clothes, then try to kitbash something to match for an illustration.
    but, now i find it sometimes easier to buy clothes or a character texture and hair first and then write it ;)

too many brainfarts lately though -complaint
    i'm having trouble remembering what texture skins i used on main characters.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

nobody is getting rich from me but I compulsively buy backgrounders. My friends say I listen to opera all the time and shouldn't, I guess everyone has a twitch of some kind :)

edited December 1969

anyone want to see my runtime content fummaries?

edited October 2012

ps1borg said:
    chohole said:
    chohole said:

nobody is getting rich from me but I compulsively buy backgrounders. My friends say I listen to opera all the time and shouldn't, I guess everyone has a twitch of some kind :)

Yeah, I know, I can get lost for ages on the ebay pages, looking at glass ornaments, good glass ornaments. In fact I am most annoyed as I was watching one, and then forgot to pull in in time for the end of the auction, and the final price was quite low for what it was.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

anyone want to see my runtime content fummaries?

you haz fummaries?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    chohole said:
    chohole said:

Yeah, I know, I can get lost for ages on the ebay pages, looking at glass ornaments, good glass ornaments. In fact I am most annoyed as I was watching one, and then forgot to pull in in time for the end of the auction, and the final price was quite low for what it was.

I heard you can get lost on ebay, OMG it's full of ads! :)

edited December 1969

A man with important looking hair that kind of stands on end is on TV explaining how ancient alien astronauts built Puma Punka in Bolivia, he must have seen a few Alien v Predator movies.

edited December 1969

Danny Glover was excellent in Pred2.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,416
    edited December 1969

Yep, still one of my all time favorite movies. I've like them all

edited December 1969

:)

here's my Toon folder fummary. rendered everyone at 150px and most of the creatures. still haz a few to do.

and Dinos. i replaced the library thumbnails with the promo images

rhat

RHAT.JPG
    1656 x 849 - 285K
    fantastx2.JPG
    1694 x 682 - 110K
    fantastx1.JPG
    1707 x 726 - 134K
    dino1.JPG
    1696 x 773 - 196K
    Toon.JPG
    1692 x 801 - 159K
    edited December 1969

V4 fashion Fummary :)

v4fashion5.JPG
    1703 x 855 - 303K
    v4fashion4.JPG
    1686 x 848 - 292K
    v4fashion3.JPG
    1695 x 845 - 280K
    v4fashion2.JPG
    1690 x 841 - 279K
    v4fashion1.JPG
    1705 x 851 - 301K
    edited December 1969

I don't think I would dare to try do something like that. :roll: It never looks so bad when it's all in it's own runtime, but I do have rather a lot of content.

edited December 1969

and some of M4's

Fumm96.JPG
    1150 x 825 - 181K
    Fumm95.JPG
    1132 x 830 - 176K
    v4fashion7.JPG
    1692 x 857 - 296K
    v4fashion6.JPG
    1690 x 874 - 290K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I don't think I would dare to try do something like that. :roll: It never looks so bad when it's all in it's own runtime, but I do have rather a lot of content.

if i could do it all gain, i'd put hair in its own runtime. the megawatts of texture files is unreal. lol
    it's all in my main runtime, doh

edited December 1969

Yes I have to admit I have often thought about making a hair runtime. I do tend to collect hair, for some reason, and it is scattered around. I do sometimes use a V4 hair for an M4 figure or vice versa, and have to swich runtimes to find it., and of course some hairs do come with fits for all sorts of characters but get filed in the main characters runtime.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    *Freezes Skiriki's pie crust again* :P

*cries*

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I wuz gonna baaaaake.

sniffs air for the scent of baking deliciousness...

I can't bake it. It is frozen. :(

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    *Freezes Skiriki's pie crust again* :P

*cries*

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I wuz gonna baaaaake.

Heh, to keep the thread going. %-P

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Also, I've been rearranging my runtime as well. GAH! The Poser side is a horrible mess in general -- and I can't point a finger at freebies, because purchased items do similar mess as well.

Dream Home, for example, is an utter GRAAAARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH **** ARGH ****ing ARGH of it.

This discussion has been closed.