Shoes morphs help

Hello everyone! I making high heeled shoes for GF3 in Daz Studio 4.9. For modeling I'm using Blender.

My soes is one object, and i maked some JCM, styling and adjusting morphs for the left shoe.

How can i add same morphs to the right shoe? Making all new morphs for right shoe is so stupid...

I tried flip geometry in Blender and save it new obj morph, but it is give me morph which fliping left shoe to right foot and right shoe to the left.

Comments

• If you are using DS 4.9.2.70 (or later, as an aside for future readers) Moprh Loader Pro has a symmetry option now.

• OnnelOnnel Posts: 22

Many thanks! I updated Daz to latest version find this option, and it's working.

I have one more problem. I can not create JCM for Left Foot bend. I think that's happend because i have saved pose where Left Foot of GF3 have 52.5 Bend value.

For example Twist and Side-side Of Left Foot in my pose have zero values and JCMs works fine.

How can I create correct JCM for non-zero Bend of Left Foot?

Thanks.

Or it's just not saving correctly, i'm not sure, after reuploading scene it's not working.

• athlon-ii said:

I have one more problem. I can not create JCM for Left Foot bend. I think that's happend because i have saved pose where Left Foot of GF3 have 52.5 Bend value.

For example Twist and Side-side Of Left Foot in my pose have zero values and JCMs works fine.

How can I create correct JCM for non-zero Bend of Left Foot?

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Sorry for my Bad English.

In my Genesis 3 Female pose preset for high heels i have Bend = 52,5. I am trying to create joint corrective morph for Bend, but it is not working.

What is right way to do it?

• Export the item you want to correct as OBJ (or send to ZBrush or Hexagon actross the bridge).

Make the correction in your modelling tool of choice.

Import the new shape as morph (via the bridge or Morph Loader Pro) and in the options for the morph set Reverse Deformations to Yes - that will subtract the effect of the bend and leave only your corrective chnages in the morph.

Make sure everything but your morph and the bend are zeroed.

Right-click on the Parameters pane and set Edit Mode on (if it isn't).

Right-click on the bend control you are correcting and select ERC Freeze

Check that the bend is listed as the controller, and that your morph is the only item checked in the list of controlled Properties. If so click Accept.

Make sure everything is working correctly.

Right-click on the slider for your morph and select Show in Property Hierarchy.

Expand the tree under the morph, the Controllers, then 1st Stage, then the bend control, then Attributes. Makes ure it iss et to save with the morph, not the bend (otherwise you will probably lose the link on reloading the item).

File>Save as>Morph Asset, check your morph, set the Author and product names as required (these determine the folder names in the figure's Morphs folder in the Data folder).

Yeah, i do everything correctly.. But bend start inreacts with morph just after i randomly dial my morph.

And when i reupload saved product JCM not working if you do not dial the morph.

• athlon-ii said:

Yeah, i do everything correctly.. But bend start inreacts with morph just after i randomly dial my morph.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you making a corrective morph that is meant to be triggered by both a morph and a bend?

athlon-ii said:

And when i reupload saved product JCM not working if you do not dial the morph.

reupload = reload? Again, which morph - the JCM or some other morph?

Are you making a corrective morph that is meant to be triggered by both a morph and a bend

No, just morph triggered by bend.

Again, which morph - the JCM or some other morph?

I mean when i bending foot - morph not triggering by bend. If i dial morph to 100% and reset to zero, it is start working (morph triggered by bend)

• OK, that is weird. When you are bending, you are letting go of the paramater not just scrubbing back and forth? When the morph is not working, if you click the gear icon on the slider and select Parameters Settings is the bend listed as a controller at the bottom? Does opening and closing that dialogure reestablish the link with the bend as dialing in the morph does?

edited June 2016

OK, that is weird. When you are bending, you are letting go of the paramater not just scrubbing back and forth? When the morph is not working, if you click the gear icon on the slider and select Parameters Settings is the bend listed as a controller at the bottom? Does opening and closing that dialogure reestablish the link with the bend as dialing in the morph does?

Yes, Bend listed as controller of this morph.

Opening and closing Parameter Setting has no effect.

Maybe i should record a video, for more information?

Post edited by Onnel on
  • It certainly sounds like an undesired behaviour, so please report it as a possible bug - including steps to reproduce.

I think I incorrectly described my task.
    I need a JCM works in the Bend range of 52.5 to 0
    That is, when the Bend is 52.5 morph is 0%, and when the Bend is zero, the morph is 100%.

How can i do it?

Thanks.

• Ah, create a new parameter, set it to a value of 1, lock it and set it's min and max to 1 (so it really shouldn't move). Now set you morph to that (ERC Add) plus the bend with a scalar of -1/52.5 - so when the morphs is 52.5 the morph will be 1+-1 = 0, and when the bend is 0 the morph will be 1+0 = 1.

edited June 2016

Excuse me, but i'm not understand some things.

Create new parameter - it is create new empty property for shoes?

Morph and Bend goes to Sub-Components or Controllers of this empty property?

Post edited by Onnel on
  • Create a new property on the shoes, which will be hidden and locked (first attachment).

Set the new property as a controller for the morph you want to have a reverse relationship to the rotation

Set the rotation as a controller for your morph, with a multiplies of -1/52.5 (second attachment).

ERC - hidden constant morph.JPG
    322 x 739 - 48K
    ERC - settings for morph.JPG
    626 x 624 - 49K

Many thanks, it's working!

And what if i need create JCM for another range of Bend, for example "-40 - 52.5"?

• So you want it at 0 at 52.5 and 1 at -40? That's a little trickier - you constant would need to be adjusted to 1 - 40/(52.5 - -40) then your scalar to -1/(52.5 - -40) (you want to work out the range of values over which the morph is varying, 52.5 - -40 which 52.5 + 40 which is 92.5) then you want the sum of the two links to be 1 when the rotation is adding -40 * -1 / (52.5 - -40) so you take that off the constant value).