I have installed DAZ 4.5, but I CANNOT get Michael 4 to install!

wdsmith1959wdsmith1959 Posts: 60
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have tried repeatedly to re-install my Michael 4 on the laptop I'm using now after my other one crashed. I had DAZ Studio Pro on that one, and Michael installed and worked just fine. But now it flat out will NOT install. I've tried searching through my content files to find it, but no luck. Same thing with the Victoria 4.2 morphs, etc. It just isn't anywhere to be found. Someone said the "Content" folder was renamed "MY Library" in this new build and these programs are trying to find the content folder. How can I fix this problem?????

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

When you tryied to install M4 what folder did it say it was going to install to, plus what error do you get when the install fails? Or is it a case it installs but you cannot find the content?

• wdsmith1959wdsmith1959 Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

It acted as though it was installing it to the default directory, but it just isn't there. I received no error messages of any kind. It just isn't there anywhere, and doesn't show up in my content folder at all.

edited December 1969

and the default Directory was?

Where you you install DS4.5? Program Files?

edited December 1969

I assume that's where the primary program goes automatically, as does every other program I install. All content goes into the documents folder, just as always. I had no problems with the previous build, but this one is buggy as can be. I'm wondering if perhaps Michael 4 might be incompatible with 4.5?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Look in the actual location, in Explorer...and see, if by chance, you've ended up with a 'nested' Content/Runtime folder...a screen shot, showing the M4 folder (if found) would be nice.

edited December 1969

The thing is I have just installed M4 and V4 myself recently in DS4.50.137 beta and it does show the installation path and the option to change it either buy Copying and Pasting the path or by typing it in manually but it always displays a path.

Anyways it has installed you just don't know where to.

Did you look in your My Library" folder for a folder called "content"?
    Have your searched your computer for the files?
    Is Daz Studio looking at the correct Poser Runtime directory where your figures and morphs will be loacted
    Are you looking in the Poser Directory of the content Library (since you have had this working on the other computer I would have to guess you know what your are looking for)

edited December 1969

It just flat out doesn't show up anywhere. I've even done a search for it in Windows. It can't find it either!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I assume that's where the primary program goes automatically, as does every other program I install. All content goes into the documents folder, just as always. I had no problems with the previous build, but this one is buggy as can be. I'm wondering if perhaps Michael 4 might be incompatible with 4.5?

Michael 4 will definitely work in DS 4.5, so that is not the problem.

Like all figures prior to Genesis, it is in Poser Format, and that is where you should be looking for it.

All content for DS4.5 is installed into the My Library folder, both DS and Poser content, but the install path must END with My Library, and not any sub-folder of it (like Runtime or Content for example)

If you do that, the in the Content Library tab inside DS4.5, you will find M4 in Poser Formats > My Library > DAZ People.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If it isn't showing in Windows Explorer, there is a good chance something is actually blocking the installation.

Try, temporarily, disabling your AV before installing it.

edited December 1969

Ok....Under poser settings, it goes My Library > Figures > DAZ people > and there is no Michael 4 there at all, even though I have repeatedly tried to install the Michael 4 content. There is only Victoria 4.2 and some other V4 apps.

DAZscreenshot.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 117K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Would you please give the EXACT install path that you used?
    If you installed to a path with Runtime or Content on the end, you most likely have nested folders.
    Do a search on your drive fo Michael 4.CR2, and that will tell you where it is.

And could you please post a screenshot of your DAZ Studio default folder (My Library?), showing what is in it.

• edited December 1969

Ok....Under poser settings, it goes My Library > Figures > DAZ people > and there is no Michael 4 there at all, even though I have repeatedly tried to install the Michael 4 content. There is only Victoria 4.2 and some other V4 apps.

I had the same problem with V4. The DAZ installer seemed to be putting the Cr2 files in the people or Daz/character folder with no folder container. I created a "Victoria 4" folder manually and placed the figure files inside it, and straight away it showed up. You might also look to check the obj file is there in a V4 geometries folder.

• ocimpeanocimpean Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I searched for the content in my case, as nothing was showing in the library, and it appears that the download manager pot everything in users/public/documents.
    After that I followed the helpful advice from above to search for M4 in Poser content/people, and I found it.
    I want to thank for the help, but honestly, could the developers made it more confusing if they tried, I seriously doubt it...