Polite request to vendors of long hair products (PLEASE)

Not directed at any one vendor.

If it's not too much to ask could you included basic presets for the hair when the head is turned left, right, up and down?

WInd effects are cool, but if the hair cannot be posed in the basic head poses what's the point?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

+1

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757

I wouldlike wind blowing back options. Some I've noticed only have it blowing in. Much harder to do action scenes... I would love to see more poses included to get us started, in addition to more controls, including what the OP mentioned.

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758

Sounds like the hair is not being weight-mapped to the "bones", just thrown onto the head-bone, but still including the shoulders, spine, hips... etc...

You can edit that with the tools for weight-mapping. Just select the hair, then the bone which should be altering the attached hair, and paint to desire. (Pre-bend the model a bit, to see the changes.)

In addition to that, the deformer tool is a great tool for doing that without having to weight-map anything. You can also make wind-blown hair without being limited to the morphed options and trying to fight the prefab controls.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,747

Also a way for the hair to fall naturally back or to the sides if the head is angled back or tilted to the side would be great :)

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

The one I miss is hair falling straight up, as if the person is being hung upside down.

I have however, been thinking that perhaps hairs need style morphs. Such as, you have long hair, then perhaps a morph to put it into a pony tail or a bun. I know many people do series of renders with the same character over time and people tend to do different things with their hair from day to day.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,511

If we're making suggestions, I'd like to make one that I've never seen done before - hair lying flat on the ground. I really hope someone will consider it, even if the hair is made primarily and only to lie on the ground.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,259

Neftis's Christine hair has a lying down morph.  It's a pretty old hair. But it does have that morph. It's shown in the promos iirc. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,613

The one I miss is hair falling straight up, as if the person is being hung upside down.

I have however, been thinking that perhaps hairs need style morphs. Such as, you have long hair, then perhaps a morph to put it into a pony tail or a bun. I know many people do series of renders with the same character over time and people tend to do different things with their hair from day to day.

Esidor, Grandiose Hair, and Hr-122 hair at mankahoo.com work well for this

http://www.daz3d.com/esidor-hair

http://www.daz3d.com/grandiose-hair

I agree with the laying down morphs, definately needed!

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 781

Gravity auto-follow/poses/morphs for long hair and clothing would also be an excellent addition.  I think DS would have to be modified for a gravitaional field.