DAZ 4 Version Difference

edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm interested in moving to DAZ3D Studio 4, but I am very confused about the different versions. As I understand it, there are three: Basic, Advanced, and Pro; but I can't find any information on them.

On the products page it says that DAZ3D Studio 4 Pro is free, but how can that be? Wasn't it original 500 dollars, and didn't it come with an automatic fitting feature for genesis clothing. Does the free download come with that?

Where can I view the prices for the Advanced and Pro versions that come with the extra features? It seems there is only one version available to download, and it is the free one, which is also listed as being the Pro version.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

There is a promotion that is giving away DS4Pro. While this promotion is active, that will be the only version available.

• edited December 1969

Sounds too good to be true. They're giving away a $400-$500 dollar product for free?

Thanks for the reply.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

Sounds too good to be true. They're giving away a $400-$500 dollar product for free?

Thanks for the reply.

Normally things too good to be true are that, but this is not one of those cases. I guess they are hoping that people would get their hands on Daz Studio then buy the content they sell here for it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

To be perfectly honest DS4 Pro is not free, it is available as a limited time offer at 100% discount.

Does that sound better, :roll:

The catch is that once you get hooked, and need a daily fix for your new addiction, then you will want extra content to use in it, so then you explore the Daz3D store, and hopefully buy lots of extra, cool items. :coolgrin:

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You should grab it while the 100% discount is still available. Its a steal at twice the price! :lol:

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

It's actually a Bundle of 3D software that's available right now for no fee,. and they're all Full versions with serial numbers.
    Daz Studio 4 Pro.
    Bryce 7, for Landscaping and environment modelling
    Hexagon for 3D modelling
    :)