Question about Batch Render for Daz 4

kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

So this has moved up to the top of my buy list as I've been getting scenes ready faster than I can render them but I've got a duplicate ID error that I haven gone in and fixed yet and I was wondering if that would interfere with the batch renderer?

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

Did you mean not gone in and fixed it? I just fixed the issue I had with a duplicate id and now I can't remember if it actually hangs the scene when you load it. I don't think it does so I don't think it would be an issue. Something that hangs the scene loading till you untick a box would be an issue though.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Not fixing dup ID errors does hang the scene until you click "Ok" and eventually I will get around to finding the offending item and getting it fixed. I was just wondering if I should do so now rather than later as I don't want to get a batch all set up for the night and wake up only to find it hasn't done anything yet.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

Finding the issue is pretty simple. You need to look at the log file right after you load the character that is causing the duplicate error. It should tell you where the issue is and then you know what product is causing it. I know of at least one product that is back in QA to get a fix. It sort of slipped through after a move over from RDNA.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I did pick up the batch renderer :) and yes, it does stop on any errors that normally stop a scene from loading, but you can click "ok" and it will continue on.I've tried fixing the duplicate ID errors but 1 is caused from the freebie HFS head shape expansion over at share cg which the fix dupe ID script fails to run on (script failed error message) and the other is from wilmap's ankle boots which the script runs on without errors, but the dupe ID error does not go away.

My only other option it seems is to write a quick autoit script to automatically click "ok" for me if the window pops up.