Help with people, wardrobe and hair.

mortonijmortonij Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello all.
I am new to DAZ 4.5 and still trying to find my way round the UI, but getting better. I am used to 2D animations and this is my first time with 3D. It is a hobby for me.

I am trying to find which wordrobe items and hair I can fit to Genesis in DAZ 4.5. I want several various, clothes and hair for Male and female.

On the SHOP it says that some are only usable for DAZ 4.5 and Genesis and other parts in the SHOP say DAZ 4 and Genesis character and other says DAZ 3D and Genesis character. When I click on an item it then says that they do not work with DAZ 4.5. and others say DAZ 4.5 will atomatically load the presets, but how can it if it doesnt work for DAZ 4.5.

Some help on this would be very much appreciated.
Can all Genesis clothes and hair be used as is on DAZ 4.5 Genesis?

Another thing I am not sure about. When I select basic female, from the smart content and then go to surface, the UV is for Victoria 4 or Michael 4. Does this mean that I can use Victoria 4 and Michael 4 clothes and hair?

Thank you for being patient with me.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited September 2012

On the SHOP it says that some are only usable for DAZ 4.5 and Genesis and other parts in the SHOP say DAZ 4 and Genesis character and other says DAZ 3D and Genesis character. When I click on an item it then says that they do not work with DAZ 4.5. and others say DAZ 4.5 will atomatically load the presets, but how can it if it doesnt work for DAZ 4.5.

I haven't seen a product page that says 'DAZ 3D' is required, that is the name of the company. Some of the store pages do say DS 4.5 is required, others say DS 4.0 Can you please give links for the product pages for items you are having trouble with?

Can all Genesis clothes and hair be used as is on DAZ 4.5 Genesis?

Yes, anything made for Genesis can be used in DS 4.5. Not only that, any items you have previously bought for any other figures should work in DS 4.5 as well.. Some plugins needed to be updated for the 4.5 version, but any clothing and hair for any figures should work as normal.

Another thing I am not sure about. When I select basic female, from the smart content and then go to surface, the UV is for Victoria 4 or Michael 4. Does this mean that I can use Victoria 4 and Michael 4 clothes and hair?

Genesis is UV Mapped for V4, M4 and K4, and can use skin texture maps for any of these figures.

The UV Mapping does not mean that clothing can be used, that is a function of Autofit, and when you load say a V4 clothing item on to Genesis, the Autofit dialogue should pop up, allowing you to use it. If you have bought any of the Iconic Shapes for Genesis, then their 'clones' should appear in the Autofit dialogue as well (say A3, V3 etc), and that will allow you to fit their clothing items to Genesis as well.

If there is anything else you are not sure about, please ask.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on