Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Ethin said:

video

Mulberry

smiley!

Hmmm, Spanish Princess dress, I've been wanting to do a texture for that one for over a year now, sigh..., someday.

an added red sheen layer in Octane Render 4 Carrara 

also VWD

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,008

Dody for Aiko 3 rebuilt with my customized A3 base.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Nice. That hair has a distinct Nursoda vibe.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,711

Cute !

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295

JOdel said:

Nice. That hair has a distinct Nursoda vibe.

That's cause it is Nursoda lol it's the Lada hair and it tends to fit other models rather well, just don't do autofit, I've even used it on G8, haven't tried G9 yet 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

I thought I recognized it. Yeah I wouldn't expect a braids hair to take well to autofit. 

Thanks!smiley

JOdel said:

I thought I recognized it. Yeah I wouldn't expect a braids hair to take well to autofit. 

It doesn't do well with autofit, sorry if you misunderstood my post. It fits to other models well by using the dials to adjust it, I only need to do scale which gives you options for x y and z as well as the 3 together. I recently bought Mesh Grabber bundle and see if I can get more hairs to fit with hit.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Did anybody (a person or a company) offer (either free or for payment) a set of farmer styled overalls/dungarees for Aiko 3?  Even if they are no longer available, I'm simply curious.

Off the top of my head the closest I can think are a pair for H3.

Ethin said:

Off the top of my head the closest I can think are a pair for H3.

One of the rare instances with H3 getting a particular clothing otems but not Aiko.  I have that set, but I assumed (read: hoped) that A3 got something similar.  Thee were several sets that Rendo' offered which I did not buy when they first hit the store, assuming they would always be arround.  (Hey, it was nearly 20 years ago.  I honestly believed there a bit more permanence to sites and items online.)  Then, one by one, slow sales meant they were pulled or "vaulted".  So, there are a number of wardrobes I missed.  I just wondered if overalls might have been among them.

edited March 1

V4 stuff can be fitted to A3 with out too much effort.

Scale it down to Aiko's size (about 85%).

"Conform/Fit To" Aiko.

Adjust the "yTranslate" of the "hip bone"  and fine tune the scale of the clothing  to line up the crotch and shoulders with Aiko.

Use the body morphs in the clothing to match it to Aiko's shape.

After posing Aiko you'll need to make adjustments to the clothing to fix poke-through's via posing the clothing, magnets, or morphs.

I fit the "Leisure Suit 1" (for V4 from rosity) to A3 in about 7 mins, no D|S specific vodoo.

Overall test.jpg
    917 x 882 - 172K
    Post edited by Ethin on

Thansk Ethin, had no idea how simple that was, sorta lol but still, it expands A3's wardrobe to more current, sorta, items.

edited March 2

Well, I feel like an idiot!  No way it was that simple!  But here's proof with an item labeled the "Cute FarmGirl" rigged for V4.

A3-Overalls-J-1.jpg
    600 x 1200 - 42K
    Post edited by Redfern on

I can't believe that I forgot to hype this here. face palm! I'm only 4 months late.

D|S users, richardandtracy did a tut on how to make AutoFit clones for generation 3 (or gen4) figures, meaning that Aiko and Hiro can wear just about any other figures/generations clothes or hair.

Tutorial: Making TriAx Figures from Old Parametric Characters

A test I did of A3 wearing a bunch of random G8F items.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,069
    I was going to mention that tutorial with this post, but don't need to. After going through the process in the tutorial, fitting V4 or G3F or G8M clothes is no more difficult than autofitting G3F clothes to G8F. Just a matter of seconds. I still have trouble believing it myself. A3/V3 wearing G8F clothing!?! Amazing. Regards, Richard.

Megan (or some spelling there of), made with A3.

edited March 7

No, Timmy! You already have a cat and action figures at home!"

A bit of delusional daydreaming based upon a friend's joking comment at a wee private board. What might a licensed action figure might resemble based upon my stupid OC&Cs (original characters and concepts).

Mzzkiti-Figurine-J-3.jpg
    800 x 1600 - 131K
    Post edited by Redfern on

laughyes!

I'd buy one.

If I had access to a "decent" 3d printer I'd be tempted to try making one now.

Ethin said:

laughyes!

I'd buy one.

If I had access to a "decent" 3d printer I'd be tempted to try making one now.

Aww...!  You're too kind!  Preparing the "figurine" was relatively straight forward.  Remove all the textures and leave just the base diffuse colors with a bit of gloss.  That and finding appropriate elements to depict "helmet" hair.  I used props that came with MayaX's "Anime Doll Kit" from Renderosity and Poser "magnets" to reshape them.  The more freewheeling aspect was coming up with a passable "backing card" design.  Oh, that was one of the "blister packs" that came as part of a vintage freebie by MrSparky.  I'm not sure how well it shows up, but the lettering for "FREIGHTER TAILS" is actually polygon modeling with chamfered edges, suggesting its part of the vacu-formed packaging.  I used Hexagon's "text" tool to sculpt the letters.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,069
    edited March 7
    Looks really good. I have actually bought maquettes from the 'BigBadToyStore' that weren't hugely different. Can you do a Luis Royo one? ;)[not serious] I was waiting for 'Yamato Toys' to produce a Marquette of 'Uranos Drops' when the company stopped trading, such a shame. You have reminded me of it. 'Mazing. Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on

EveryDay Dogs Dalmatian for Melody & Micah - ethin - Gumroad

Melody and Micah -  Lady Littlefox & RedSpark - DAZ

i13 Executive Office Environment - ironman13 - DAZ

Night and Day City for Daz Studio - PhilW - DAZ

Mathew Hair for Genesis 3 Male - goldtassel - DAZ

Yvette Hair for Genesis 3 & 8 Female -  AprilYSH - DAZ

V4 Ruffle - Daz Originals - DAZ

Law Enforcement Outfits for Genesis 2 and 3 Male - Ravenhair - DAZ

EveryDay Dogs Dalmatian for Melody & Micah - ethin - Gumroad

Merlin's Oak, Plants and Props Set - Merlin Studios - DAZ

Topmodel Updo Hair and OOT Hairblending 2.0 for Genesis 3 Female -  outoftouch - DAZ

Collective3d Neighborhood Block 1: Part A - Collective3d - DAZ

Predatron Marigolds - Predatron - DAZ

Sport-Trainer Shoe Pack for Genesis - xenic101 - DAZ

Archaic Ruins - Merlin Studios - DAZ

Those are really cute and love the renders.

Faeryl Womyn said:

Those are really cute and love the renders.

Thanks! That's one product done, hundreds more to go.

I sometimes wonder if there will ever be an end to that list lol

Faeryl Womyn said:

I sometimes wonder if there will ever be an end to that list lol

Maybe. It would help if it would stop growing. 

Ah yes, it never ceases to amazing me how lists seemingly grow and all on their own lol

New release for Melody & Micah.

Fancy Cats - Mackerel Tabby for Melody & Micah - ethin - Gumroad

Furries Bundle -  Capsces Digital Ink - DAZ

Portia Hair 2 - AprilYSH - DAZ

Mathew Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Genesis 2 Male(s) - goldtassel - DAZ

Rolling Diner Waitress Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s) - Nikisatez - DAZ

Hiro Clothing Bundle - Daz Originals - DAZ

i13 Visions of the Past - ironman13 - DAZ