Genesis V5 (Victoria 5) head morph to GF3 Head

I want to copy my V5 character head morphs onto my new GF3. I have GenX but am clueless on how it works.

I am not even sure if this is what I should use to do this.

If GenX IS the right program can anyone show me a tutorial on how this works?

I cannot figure it out and have not had much luck on this.  AND hopefully that will work with other morphs too...

Thanks.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

GenX does not yet support Genesis 3.

• leo04leo04 Posts: 318

Does Gen X support Genesis 3 now?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050

There's a GenX2 add-on to support Genesis 3 now: http://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-3

Question is, how do I get it to work?? It shows as installed, but all I see in my About Installed Plugins list under the Help menu is Genesis Generation X2.

When I open the GenX tab I cannot select anything in any of the fields.

I have been struggling with this for quite awhile now and would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

If someone can actually do this I would love to know.

Thanks.

On another note while I am here, how would I create this as an Actor once I have it done?

2017-01-01_151659.png
    620 x 756 - 17K
    2017-01-01_151402.png
    674 x 752 - 18K
    2017-01-01_151942.png
    1096 x 549 - 229K

Why is it that I can't get an answer about this?

As you can see, on the left is the the V5 model I created.

One the right is a GF3.

I want to make the one on the right, the GF3, to look like the one on the left, the V5.

Why is this so difficult?

Can anyone tell me how I do this?

Genx has not worked or I just don't know how it works but either way I just want my GF3 model to look like the V5 model on the left.

Is this really too much to ask of the community? I can't imagine that no one has never done this.

Please, please help me. I really want to take advantage of GF3 but I really want to sustain my character.

Thanks to any that can help.

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,134

It looks like GenX does not know where to look for the source files.  Under Important notes on page 2 of the PDF documentation it says:

Be sure to install GenX2 with the same user settings and privileges as DAZ Studio. The shared data for GenX2 (used by the 32 and 64 bit versions) is installed in the DAZ Studio user data folder and will not be found by GenX2 otherwise.

It might be worth re-installing GenX with this in mind.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited June 2017

"all I see in my About Installed Plugins list under the Help menu is Genesis Generation X2"

That is all you should see. Genesis Generation X2 is the plugin for DAZ Studio. The addons for Genesis 2 and 3 are addons for GenX2, not DAZ Studio, so they don't appear in About Installed plugins. So how do you know if they are installed? The answer is, do Genesis 2  and 3 appear as options in the GenX2 pane under Source? In your case the answer is yes.

OK, before you fire off a response, yes I see that they are greyed out and unavailable to you. I am just saying that everything would indicate that GenX2 and the addons are all installed as they should be. The problem is that GenX2 cannot find the source figures in your content library for some reason and that is why they are greyed out. So, you need to provide a little more info, as follows:

1. how do you install your content? Connect? DIM? Manual? A combination of the above?

2. Do you have a single content folder, or multiple? (disregard the special case of Connect for now). What is the path to your content library? (i.e. C:Users\Public\Public Documents\My DAZ 3D Library) We need to try and determine why the plugin isn't finding the necessary content - the Starter Essentials for Genesis 2 and Genesis 3.

BTW, in your last screenshot you posted, you indicate that you want to transfer the morphs and the textures. GenX2 should transfer the morphs once it is functioning correctly, but it isn't for transferring textures - that is a whole different process. Lets get GenX2 working first, if we can.

As for saving your new G3F character once transferred, GenX2 will prompt you for a location and filename for it prior to closing.

Post edited by SixDs on
    edited June 2017

Thanks your for your replies. I am sure that they answer some questions just not mine. 

All I want to do, the only thing I have as a goal, is to get the face on my V5 model to be on Genesis Female 3.

I do not care about the textures, the eye color or any thing that is the physical appearance for the V5 model like the skin maps or hair color and anything like that.

I WANT TO TRANSFER THE GEOMETRY to match face for face.  I want the chin, nose and cheeks to match the geometery, the shape of the head, the ears and lips.

THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO TRANSFER. I don't give a fig about the skin.

I see the GenX stuff fine. I have read the PDF, followed the directions and it is NOT getting me there.

I could be missing something and if so please help me with that.

Now maybe there is a way to do it in GenX...and if so I want to learn that.

If not I would like to find another way. This thread is, I hope, to help me get there, it seems that there must be a way, I just need someone to tell me what it is. PLEASE...

Thank you.

Post edited by leo04 on

Relax, Leo. I understand that you are frustrated, but you must understand that I am not a DAZ employee, or moderator, or affiliated in any way with the GenX products (other than the fact that I happen to have them). I am merely an ordinary user like yourself that is trying to help. The reason why I spoke to the textures was because you said, in the annotations in the third image attached to your third post, "Objective: to transfer the facial features of the Victoria 5 model on the left to the GF3 model on the right. Including textures."

It is unfortunate that you chose to focus on the texture issue and not my other comments. There is no "just do this and it will work" solution in your case, because the issue is related to the specific configuration of your PC, I believe. And therefore a solution specific to your PC is required. I know that GenX, with the two addons will do exactly what you want to do, because I have done it myself. We need to address the "greyed out" figures issue before we can do anything else. Once we have solved that, the rest should be relatively easy. In order to help you with that we require some information about your PC, like I had asked for and which you have not yet provided. Please let us know how your content is configured and we may be able to help, since I am convinced that that is at the root of the problem. Let's find out..

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes,  as SixDs  has said,  please remember that the forums are provided by Daz 3D for the use of members,  so anyoone who is trying to help you is not employed by Daz 3D.

edited June 2017

My apologies and I understand. I should have reviewed my original post more closely, as the greyed out list is not greyed out anymore. I mistook your reply to that as one to a different user or issue that I no longer had. That is my mistake and again I am sorry about that.

Any documentation or other materials that you could point me towards would help greatly.

I am also attaching a new screen shot of the GenX dialog inside of DAZ Studio

Answers to your Questions:

1. how do you install your content? Connect? DIM? Manual? A combination of the above?

I have installed mostly with the DIM. Sometimes thru Connect. I think that I installed GenX by DIM.

2. Do you have a single content folder, or multiple? (disregard the special case of Connect for now). What is the path to your content library? (i.e. C:Users\Public\Public Documents\My DAZ 3D Library) We need to try and determine why the plugin isn't finding the necessary content - the Starter Essentials for Genesis 2 and Genesis 3.

Save locations for Saved Scenes, and other models I have created.

Z:\3D MODELS and sub folders.

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1

C:\ProgramData\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX2

C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library (content location)

I hope this information is what you are aksing for. Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Thanks for your understanding and the help.

Leo.

2017-06-07_193117.jpg
    571 x 797 - 74K
    Post edited by leo04 on
    edited June 2017

No problems, Leo.

Now since GenX2 seems to be set up as it should, here are my GoTo instructions for getting a character converted if ever I have an issue. The instructions are a little out-of-date in that they were prepared prior to the release of the Genesis 3 addon for GenX2, but the process remains exactly the same. Also, there are additional steps that you may or may not need or want (creating custom icons or separating head and body morphs, etc.), but these may be skipped if desired and as explained in the instructions. So without further ado, the instructions, prepared by Seliah (Childe of Fyre) and converted to .pdf format by DoctorJellybean,  may be downloaded here:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/82453/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/GenX-Plugin-Tutorial

or, if you prefer the original, in .rtf format, it is available here:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/82334/gallery/3/Text-Entry-Tutorial/COF-GenX-Plugin-Tutorial

If you have any problems, check back in.

Post edited by SixDs on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

Recently I seldom use GenX2, but following this topic, I hoped to transfer some my rondom mix character of  Genesis1 to Genesis3Female by genX2 and addons.do not know, if leo04 need to return this topic again these step is what I did., in these step,, I chosse moset simply way, which I think.  (geneate only 1 morph )

to be frankly said, I hesitated to up-load this mini tutoriall because,  it should be long , and I think You can get detail form GenX2 PDF.    but if it may help some.,, OK.

1. make character in daz studio, with Genesis1. I made character, from V5 character to follow Leo step, add morphs (Fullbody + headpart mix)    ,keep the character in the scene.  I do not know if it really need or not, but may better set subdivision zero. and use base resolution untill transfer.  

2. go to GenX tab,  open it.  Select Transfer tab from top area.  click " Source" . then choose "Genesis" (I made character from V5 character, and mix morphs,, Then I ned to set it as Genesis , V5 is  genesis character) 

3  genX try to find all prameters of genesis , then load it in morph section. without value and check mark.

4 under morph section, you can find "Mode" section.. set "mode"  as "Create Single morph".  (to generate only one Morph which mix all parameter you used.) 

5  select Genesis character, which you have made, in daz scene tab,(just to confrim) ,  then click "select" button ,. then choose "Get values from the scene" .  if you expand some group in morph section panel, you may find morph value are aplied and change. 

6.  click "select" again.  and  choose Transfer "on" for all non zero value. then you can only check it about your used parameter. (important!) 

7.  check "shape" section. as for me, I could only choose "genesis".  (I think it should be auto set as "genesis") and  there is another option button, right side of "shape" 

I  set this option as "smooth".(default I think)  I do not test other option, it work well for me . and set "Target" section. we need to transfer Actor for genesis3. then set it as "Genesis 3 Female" 

8 untill click Transfer, I set another properties. I do not remember if it is default, but it work for me. you may need to set "out put" difrectory, by click path.

(if you have saved morph for genesis3 figure, it is same way )  as for me, I set directory for genX morph,(and it is for genesis3)  like that.

(I:/myfile/dazstudio4/TKlibrary/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/TK/genX2test/ )  I use I dirve for all daz contents, and TKlibrary is my separate library for daz contents.   but you may better choose default DAZ content directory as root)  

11 finally click "transfer".  if you see aleart, "no morph selected to transfer" ,  try again step6 and step 7. (click "select", and set each option, which I discribed)

after click transfer, GenX open "Morph properties" window.  about this case, I choose to make new one morph which gather all morphed shape for genesis3.  then I setet morph name.   and change limit -1 to 1 for my favor.

Region and Group decide, where these morph can be found in parameter, and shape tab.  usually I keep it as default. you may better to memo Group, to find easy your new generate morph in parameter tab. (shape tab)   (You can easy change It after transfer moprhs, as same as other parameter)

13 click accept. now GenX should generate generate new moprh for genesis3female and save it.  finish! 

14 To test it,  load new Genesis3female  in current scene.  To apply new transfer morph  correctly, you need to first change gen3shape to soruse Fibure shape . Go to Actor >Generation X, you may find Genesis morph (I do not remember, which product include it,, but you should find this, if you have bought GenX2 Add on for G3F and G2F. 

15 Finally you apply your generate new morph, in parameter or  shape tab with "group" name which you set in setp 12. (As for me, Actor/generationX/Genesis)

GX1.JPG
    1264 x 814 - 155K
    GX2.JPG
    695 x 665 - 85K
    GX3.JPG
    716 x 784 - 98K
    GX4.JPG
    776 x 491 - 65K
    GX5.JPG
    857 x 784 - 127K
    GX6.JPG
    665 x 716 - 93K
    GX7.JPG
    712 x 855 - 112K
    GX8.JPG
    1039 x 799 - 155K
    GX9.JPG
    1398 x 752 - 209K
    GX10.JPG
    1395 x 704 - 194K
    GX10.JPG
    1396 x 576 - 160K
    GX10.JPG
    1396 x 576 - 160K

I want to thank eveyone for their patience with me and the incredible help you provided. I have been able to do most of what you all have described here but am still not where I wanted get to.

HOWEVER...I am much closer that I have been.  I think I am looking for a vector to vector translation and these processes don't quit get there, but very close.  I have determined that the best course of action now is that I will overlay the meshes and manually modify them visually until I have tweaked it to the desired effect.

Once again thanks to all, you really helped me get closer to the goal and I am grateful.

Leo.