Question Scene and Scene Subset

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited May 2016 in The Commons

I have a scene, and now I save everything in this scene as Scene Subset, if I now delete the scene itself, will the Scene Subset work after loading like the scene before did?

Post edited by cosmo71 on

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,311

A scene subset is the same format as a scene file, the old difference is that when you can create it, you choose which items to store in the subset. If you store all the items, then it is the same as the original scene file.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2016
    Havos said:

A scene subset is the same format as a scene file, the old difference is that when you can create it, you choose which items to store in the subset. If you store all the items, then it is the same as the original scene file.

but without a scene name if I load it, so if a load a scene, create a scene subset out of it with all items, it is a complete scene but without a scene name because it is a set, right? I am asking because I want to make a real "save" copy. I have had an issue a view hours ago that was/is totally crazy, have posted it in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/86071/help-needed-saved-scene-can-be-loaded-and-worked-with-but-when-saving-it-new-ds-crashes#latest

Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

yes, the scene subset (if saved with everything in it) will be exactly like your scene

The difference being if you are working on a scene then load your saved scene, the old scene will be cleared out

With a scene subset, the old scene remains and your saved scene subset gets merged in with the new scene.

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 791

And you can do "File/Merge" if you want ot load a scene without clearing out the existing one. Really, I only use subsets to get the dialog that lets you choose which items to save. Basically, it's a way to split your scene. But I've never seen any real differences.

About the crash, you might want to try clearing your cache. It will slow down loads for a while until the cache for the items you are loading is rebuilt, but shouldn't be too bad. Go in "Edit/Preferences". Under the "General" tab, there's a button at the bottom that says "Clear" in the "DSON cache files" section. Click that button, close the app and reload. Then try your scene again.

And you can do "File/Merge" if you want ot load a scene without clearing out the existing one. Really, I only use subsets to get the dialog that lets you choose which items to save. Basically, it's a way to split your scene. But I've never seen any real differences.

About the crash, you might want to try clearing your cache. It will slow down loads for a while until the cache for the items you are loading is rebuilt, but shouldn't be too bad. Go in "Edit/Preferences". Under the "General" tab, there's a button at the bottom that says "Clear" in the "DSON cache files" section. Click that button, close the app and reload. Then try your scene again.

okay, thank you :)

both thanks