Dynamic Clothing Crash

I just picked up some of the dynamic cloth items out of the store and decided to put the dynamic cloth plugin (DAZ Studio 4.9.1.30) on my Macbook Pro (10.11.4). Regardless of what Optitex cloth I tend to use, the cloth crashes while loading.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

The Dynamic plugin is one of the awkward ones; you must always use the plugin version that matches the D|S program version. This is updated every time the program is updated. The free plugin that comes with the D|S installer is always the newest version, but the full plugin is a separate download. Check the plugin versions (Help>About Installed Plugins) and make absolutely, positively sure the full plugin version you have is 1.6.1.30 — it's the final two numbers of the version that must match. If they don't match, all sorts of Weird Stuff™ will happen, one of which is the crashing you're getting.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,622

It's also important that you install the full dynamic clothing controller of the correct version after you have upgraded DS, and you might have to remove the "build it" light version first, depending on which version it was installed with (yes, it's complicated but due to the fact Apple has changed priv handling in OS X and depending on what version you ran when you installed DS things behave differently.

• whfieldwhfield Posts: 44

Thank you for your assistance.  I tried all the steps each recommended, but it still crashes when I attempt to load the Optitex clothing item to the Genesis figure. Hmmm. Any other suggestions?

• BarzoffBarzoff Posts: 97
    edited August 2017

I, too, I get DAZ Studio crashing on my Mac when I load some dynamic clothing, mostly those that were made for Genesis and a few made for V4. Some clothing always make DS crashing, some don't, some load fine from time to time. Oddly DS doesn't crash if I use dynamic clothing I got for free at Optitex web site. Go figure.

Buuuut,.... I found that if I load any dynamic clothing first and then the character, DS doesn't crash, so using dynamic clothing is still doable on Mac. However, if I'm working on a scene and suddenly decide to use dynamic clothing, I have to save the scene, close it, start a new one, load clothing and merge it with the previous saved scene, otherwise I lose everything if DS crashes.

My OS is El Capitan and I use the latest version of DAZ Studio (4.9.4.117 Pro 64-bits).

Post edited by Barzoff on