I screwed up my DS 4. HOW CAN I START ALL OVER AGAIN?

chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
edited December 1969 in New Users

I couldn't find some items in my content library, I traced my Documents, and I thought I installed some items wrong, so I moved things around ( e.g. put things doubled heading such as "data" under one of them only. The result is, I screwed up big time. And when I want to "undo" what I have done. Oh no! Mac only allowed me to undo the last step. And stupidly I didn't duplicate my Daz 3d document before moving stuffs around, now I am totally lost and pulling my hair out in front of the computer.

Well, I think the only way to resolve this is the START ALL OVER again, by re-installing DAZ STudio.

What are my options?

1) I have some files made, and put on my computer's desktop, does it mean that I should forget about this DS4 I am using, and do start installing another DS4 or DS 4.5, and simply discard this existing DS 4? And simply move on to a new DS and install all my purchases all over again in the next DS, and open my old created files just the same in the future new DS studio? ( could I? )

2) Or, should I just clean up and save my existing DS studio ( how ) by re-installing it ? And install my purchases with it?

Which way is better?
Please advise, I really really regret moving stuffs around in the Daz Studio documents.

Help!!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What version of DS do you have installed? I take it you are on a Mac?

If it is only your content that is messed up, then there is no need to reinstall the program as well, assuming that your are using DS4.5, because the content is now in a seperate installer.

It is difficult to advise you since I don't know how much content you have installed? If it is a lot, then I would try to restore the current folder, but if it is only a few items (under 20) then I would just get rid of the content and start again.

What files have you moved to your Desktop?

I have some files made, and put on my computer’s desktop, does it mean that I should forget about this DS4 I am using, and do start installing another DS4 or DS 4.5, and simply discard this existing DS 4? And simply move on to a new DS and install all my purchases all over again in the next DS, and open my old created files just the same in the future new DS studio? ( could I? )

If these are DAZ Scene files, either .DAZ or the new .DUF, you would need to keep the 'data' folder which DS needs to open saved scenes.

• chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

I am using DS 4 pro. on a Imac 10.6.7.

Remember, My content library never shows me anything? And there is nothing showing under products and categories because of my probem with the Content Management, so it is difficult enough for me to search for anything in my Content Library, especially when the volume grows. That is why i was frustrated enough, thinking i must have installed some paths badly and trying to move things around. The result was even for the few moves is bad enough to screw up and I am lost now.

My creations in progress are daz files on my desktop.

I have much much more than 20 items altogether in my Content Library. I quite like my 5 or 6 creations on my desktop, and I don't want to lose them after re-installing or whatever. As you see my pain, I don't mind restart a new life if this existing DS is not working smoothly and constantly causing trouble. Unless, there is a better way, what can I do....

Desperate now.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

OK at this point I think either Jimmy or I need to go in search of a mac expert. Our resident mac user on the forum team is on holiday, and even if he was here he only started with a mac using OSX 10.7, so wouldn't possible be too much help.

So if Jimmy wants to try advising you as mush as he can, I will go see if I can find someone to help.

edited September 2012

The only possible way to help you, is to see some screen grabs of your Content Manager, and how th content is installed into your My Library folder. There is no secret way of installing content, and it is no different on a Mac than on a PC as far as the installation path is concerned.

Everything is installed into the 'My Library' folder. NOT My Library/Rntime, or My Library/Content, or any other sub-folder. The install path MUST end with My Library, then everything will go into the right place.

Inside DAZ Studio, in Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory manager, you should have paths entered for your My Library folder, under DAZ Studio Formats AND Poser Formats, otherwise DS4 does not know where to look for content. These paths MUST also end with My Library, including the Poser one (NOT My Library/Runtime).

Can you post a screenshot of your Content Directory manager showing the paths? And also a screenshot of your My library folder showing the contents of the sub-folders?

EDIT:

Also look for a folder called 'data' inside your My Library folder, and make sure that you preserve it, or your saved scene will not open.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

I don't know how to take a screen shot, can you teach me?

Well when I opened the Content Directory Manager, it sets:

( Left side ) New... ( and then the right side says) Content Sets
    Current Directories
    DAZ Studio Formats
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content
    Poser Formats
    Other Import Formats

( and then below are the buttons for Accept or Cancel )

( Do you want me to copy and paste everything I have in my Documents file of DAZ 3D to here ? )

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

Hello,

first:

screenshot: ++3 (for full screen)
    screenshot: ++4 (for full selection, hit to select a certain window)

I'll reply more when I've digested the thread.

edited September 2012

Thanks for posting that. The My Library folder is OK, but Content is the old name for My Library, and everything in there would need to be moved up one level I think.

Why you have nothing at all appearing in the Content Library tab I do not know. Inside the My Library folder, you should have a folder called 'Runtime which holds the Poser content, that at least should display.

To grab a screenshot in Windows, there is a key on the Keyboard called 'Print Screen', is there nothing like that on a Mac? It will then pu an image in the clipboard, and you can insert that into Photoshop or Gimp or Paint Shop Pro and export a JPG image file.

If you can list the folders with their contents in the My Library folder, that would give us a start. Can you list what is in the folder /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library?

EDIT:

Thanks Totte

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

To list the fist structure, you can do this (only for the bold and brave)

start the terminal (found in Applications/Tools

type cd /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library
    now type ls -1R

This will give you a complete list of everything from that point and down, might be a lot, depends on how much items you have installed.

If you have problems with the CMS (Content Manager System), what does it's log say?
    You find it in /vlogs

edited December 1969

/Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/aniBlocks
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Animals
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Camera Presets
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/aniBlocks
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/BVH
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Camera
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Content
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Content/People
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Content/People/Michael 4
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/3_0
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/3D Universe
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/3D Universe/Jasmin
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/3D Universe/Jason
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/3D Universe/MountainTroll
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/3D Universe/Toon Amy
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/4_0_2
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-3Story-Rr1_5148
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-3Story-Rr2_5148
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Building-1_48296
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Building-2-1_82878
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Building-2-2_99738
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Building-3_40427
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Building-Rear_14846
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Coliseum_73162
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Entrance_43683
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Grounds_103806
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-House-Rr1_2512
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-House-Rr2_2512
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Market_29786
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Pool-Bld_24030
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-SkyDome_505
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Stage_10442
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Trees-Bases_114692
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AC-Water-Ftrs_35182
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_ArmChair_14217
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Book_202
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_BookOpen_490
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_BookRow_1414
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_BookStack_1010
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Brush_66
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_BrushStack_1254
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_BustFemale_4197
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_BustMale_3799
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_CanvasDetailed_88
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_CanvasSimple_8
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Carafe_3462
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Chaise_23880
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_ClutterChest_11310
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_ClutterTableLong_4775
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_CoveredChest_2637
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_CurtainLeft_6002
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_CurtainRight_6002
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Easel_300
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Frame1_124
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Frame2_3392
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Ladder_1346
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_LargeCurtains_5796
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Mahlstick_290
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Newspaper_476
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_PaintBox_602
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_PaintingsBackWall_140
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_PaintingsFrontWall_304
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_PaintingsLeftWall_212
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_PaintingsPopOut_24
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_PaintingsRightWall_3564
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Palette_684
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_SecretaryDesk_5423
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_StudioBalcony_2372
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_StudioParis_8303
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_TableLong_120
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_TableShort_56
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_TarpStand_3159
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_TeaCup_3970
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_UnpaintedCanvases_536
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Vase1_4915
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AoA_Vase2_1833
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/AX-Mist-Terrain_788
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/ay_chapel_81480
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/Creepier01_18486
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/Creepier02_25699
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/Creepier03_20290
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/Creepier04_21264
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/Danie & marforno
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/3_0
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/data
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Aikanaro
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Alchemy Chasm
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Aldora Hair
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Built-in Content
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Duke Hair
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Projection Templates
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Tools
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/UV Sets
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Journeyer Scout
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/K4 Basic Wear
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Magus
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Millennium SubDragon
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/SallyMae Hair
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/WildMane Hair
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/environmentSphere_1923
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/LB_CTII_01_22506
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/LB_CTII_02_29183
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/LB_CTII_03_32313
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/LB_CTII_04_31188
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/Michelle
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/NoAi-Columnwall_1076
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/NoAi-Fence_1057
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/NoAi-ground_553
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/NoAi-Post_308
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/NoAi-Vase_5849
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/NoAi-Wall_4171
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/Posermocap
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/Raiya
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/vyktohria
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/dsc_bench_3501
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/dsc_lifebuoy_2440
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/dsc_light_3289
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/dsc_phone_1142
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/dsc_pier_end_548
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/dsc_pier_sec_496
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/dsc_railings_end_8780
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/dsc_railings_sec_13614
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/dsc_shelter_5312
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/dsc_trash_can_352
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_HydBouquet_54663
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_HydrangeaBushFull_105516
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_HydSS01_4737
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_HydSS02_9779
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_HydSS03_4743
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_HydSS04_4525
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_HydSS05_4849
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_HydSS06_4743
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_WHBush_13936
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_WHCFGR01_13626
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_WHCFGR02_15971
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_WHGrassCLGR01_22200
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_WHGrassCLGR02_20646
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_WHLGrassGR01_19684
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_WHLGrassGR02_39506
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_WHLilyGR01_24840
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_WHLilyGR02_20796
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_WHTree_55785
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LB_WHTreeNL_33161
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRceiling_280
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRchamber_19412
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRdavedoorL_1722
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRdavedoorR_1726
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRentrancewall_4612
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRfloor_4
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRplatform_474
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRsidewallL_10744
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRsidewallL_16462
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRsidewallR_10648
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRsidewallR_16370
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRthrone_6729
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/LS_CTRthrone_7073
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/ma_base_12449
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/ma_bg_wall_2073
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/ma_can_holder_7301
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/ma_sk_wall_18829
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/ma_throne_32345
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/PoseBouquet2_38329
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/pPlane(12696cp)1
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOArcFnceA_2136
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOArchWall_5370
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOBalcony_2568
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOBridge_5838
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOCanalBase_25
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOCanalWalls_10903
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOColumnIvy_10770
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOColumnSmll_960
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOCourtArcIvy_13831
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOCourtBloss_2255
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOCourtFnce_5340
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOCourtFnceIv_6591
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOCourtGrnd_26747
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOCourtPlants_22352
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SODocks_25551
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOEastBldng_9880
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOEastBldngIv_7517
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOEastBldngRf_15890
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOEastWallA_2589
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOEastWallB_1442
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOLanterns_2440
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SONorthBldng_36952
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SONorthIvy_25434
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SONorthPlants_2750
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOPondPlants_1154
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOPondWater_18
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOSkydome_463
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOSlumA_1762
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOSlumADoor_326
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOSlumB_1418
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOSouthBldng_8879
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOSouthBldng_9382
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOSouthWall_8293
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOStairsEast_7510
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOStairsWest_3084
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOStairWPlant_2337
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOTunnelBldng_1461
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOWater_332
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOWestBldng_49502
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOWestBldngB_9801
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOWestBloss_695
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOWestFence_5970
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOWestIvy_15140
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SOWestPlants_10214
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SSBlssmp1_180
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SSBlssmp2_240
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SSColumnA_192
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SSColumnB_399
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SSColumnC_5601
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SSFence_2136
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SSLantern_1220
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/SSPotPlant_599
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/sstFAAPU_105457
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/sstFADS_106896
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/sstFASW_114765
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcBallustrade_2660
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcBenchSeat1_168
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcBenchSeat2_168
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcBldg02B_15708
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcBuilding1_17562
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcBuilding2_26037
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcBuilding3_31611
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcBuilding4_12836
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcBuilding06_28816
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcBuilding7_22575
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcBuilding8_11023
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcBuilding9_3490
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcColumn_25759
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcDoor1
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcDoor1_1686
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcDoor2_1686
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcDoor03_1686
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcDoor4_1686
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcGround1_268
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcGround2_4360
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcGround3_6021
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcLamp_550
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcLamp1_550
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcLamp2_550
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlant22_31359
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants1_12155
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants02_1126
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants04_1513
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants05_12500
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants06_6373
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants07_20359
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants08_1080
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants09_9427
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants10_16640
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants11_9423
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants12_3036
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants13_3036
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants14_1681
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants15_554
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants16_15636
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants17_15887
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants18_1158
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants19_1351
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants20_1681
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants21_18463
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants22_6838
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants24_6838
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPlants25_11261
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPool_404
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPoolSeats_336
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPoolWater_20
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPotplant1_551
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPotplant2_1158
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPotplant3_563
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPotplant4_380
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPotplant5_683
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPottery1_304
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcPottery2_336
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcRailing01_3300
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcRailing2_3432
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcSkydome_1025
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcSmallFence_3456
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/vcTrellis_41182
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Dreamlight
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Enviroments
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Environments
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/HMann
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Lights
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Maclean
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/People
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Posermocap
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Poses
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Props
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/ReadMe's
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/resources
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Runtime
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Scenes
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Studio
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Templates
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Textures
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Uninstallers
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/Vehicles
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/DAZ Studio Tutorials
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Docs
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Environments
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Light
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Light Presets
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Lights
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/New Folder
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Presets
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Props
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/ReadMe's
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/resources
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scenes
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Shader Mixer Presets
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Shader Mixer Scenes
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Shader Presets
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/shaders
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Uninstallers
    /Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Render Library

edited December 1969

here you see the problem

/Users/chriswong/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content/data/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base

edited December 1969

That is because I saw double names, so I took things out of the one data and moved them to the other data, and that was how it screwed up bigger time.

o I tried the screen shot , i heard the shutter but I don't know how I can see the shot and transfer it here....

I am bad at computers....

edited September 2012

Screenshots end up on your desktop named screenshot_.png. You should open in Preview and save as .jpg to save bandwith (and to stay under the 500k limit)

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

found the screenshot tips, thanks alot.

I have a feeling that it is better first uninstall everything, then uninstall DS 4, then start from scratch to install everything all over again in the new DS.

Well, the thing is, there are many many things that I just downloaded and never had properly showed up, they were installed automatically, without or before me tackling with them. e.g. like the manga bundle. I have never seen m4, V4, A4, H4 showed up once, imagine bad it affects everything. And then, there is this old problem with the content management never showed any content under Products and Categories. Smart content never shows anything at all..... It's next to impossible to search for anything.... That is partly why in 3 o'clock in the morning, at a weak and stupid mental status I tried to move some things around, especially the Genesis base stuffs that is under one of the many data items, and eventually the world has come to an end...

edited December 1969

Hey Totte,

I now took the extra"data" out of the way, and re-opened DS, my Genesis figure is back! I moved things and tried to get rid of the doubled data, but after moving them, i didn't dump the extras, so you are right, that is the problem! So now I shall check how much loss i still have and to what new extent ( hope much less ) of damage I made, will be back in a couple of minutes!

Thanks, at least there is something showing... for now....

edited December 1969

This is the males ( Michael 4 or HIro 4, Genesis basic male is fine, or Hitoro is fine ) i have always been getting, so that is partly why I am desperate to find a way to make some changes around here.

Screen_shot_2012-09-26_at_11.37_.41_AM_.png
    569 x 919 - 279K
    edited December 1969

Under Surfaces-Tab when Genesis is selected, set the UV Map to Michael 4. When a Non Genesis skin is applied, de default is Victoria-4 as DS can't know what it is.

uvsets.jpg
    305 x 44 - 9K
    edited December 1969

Do you mean when I use M4 or H4,I do that, and if I am using others I switch it back manually?

edited December 1969

Do you mean when I use M4 or H4,I do that, and if I am using others I switch it back manually?

When you use skins on Genesis that are for Gen-4 characters (V4/S4/M4/H4/F4). You don't have to switch back, everytime you load a new Genesis it will be set to Genesis UVs, but when you put a Gen-4 skin on it, it will not know what UV-maps to use, you got to tell it.

edited December 1969

It worked, thanks. Please look at my M4, V4 H4 and A4 installed location, can you tell from that why the figures of them can never be used? They all says "support folder cannot be found", what does that mean?

edited December 1969

It worked, thanks. Please look at my M4, V4 H4 and A4 installed location, can you tell from that why the figures of them can never be used? They all says "support folder cannot be found", what does that mean?

I don't think you'l, find them using the Smart Content Browser.

I locate them using the "content browser".

Detached the tab for easier view, and blurred all "nudity" on the icons (to make the mods happy *grin*)

picker.jpg
    831 x 654 - 70K
    edited December 1969

This is how I found them, but when I want to use them they just say the "Michael 4"support folder could not be found . And then when I close the dialogue window this next one will come up.

I tried other ways to find it like the 3rd screenshot below, but it ends up responding with the 4th screenshot. I already re-installed this manga bundle, it automatically uninstalled the previous one and re-installed automatically, but this is how far it gets, and I am so deprived of the Gen 4 figures, i rely on the their Gen 4 shapes for Genesis so far.

Screen_shot_2012-09-26_at_12.49_.33_PM_.png
    392 x 127 - 19K
    edited December 1969

sorry that was the 4th screenshot, here is 3rd.

Screen_shot_2012-09-26_at_12.46_.37_PM_.png
    1141 x 343 - 147K
    edited December 1969

2nd.

Screen_shot_2012-09-26_at_12.43_.33_PM_.png
    447 x 444 - 24K
    edited December 1969

1st.

Screen_shot_2012-09-26_at_12.41_.38_PM_.png
    668 x 482 - 178K
    edited December 1969

This is how I found them, but when I want to use them they just say the "Michael 4"support folder could not be found . And then when I close the dialogue window this next one will come up.

I tried other ways to find it like the 3rd screenshot below, but it ends up responding with the 4th screenshot. I already re-installed this manga bundle, it automatically uninstalled the previous one and re-installed automatically, but this is how far it gets, and I am so deprived of the Gen 4 figures, i rely on the their Gen 4 shapes for Genesis so far.

Have you run the Setup Scripts for the power loader?
    "Update Michael 4 Base" that came with the Powerloader installation?

edited December 1969

I think I did, I installed this Anime Manga Starter Bundle twice already. But if I was wrong or missed it I can install a third time.
    But I do hope I haven't moved things around too crazy that it didn't recognize them to uninstall automatically, as I don't know how to uninstall them manually.

edited December 1969

I just checked , I have all the uninstallers for the Base, PowerLoader, poser and DS files. so I must have them.

edited December 1969

I just checked , I have all the uninstallers for the Base, PowerLoader, poser and DS files. so I must have them.

You need to locate the script that is installed by the PowerLoader installers, or install the Powerloader once again so it can "Setup" the figures.

edited December 1969

I have just re-installed all 4 Powerloader once again, hope this time they work....
    I didn't uninstall the old ones before reinstallation,hope it is fine...

edited December 1969

No the gen 4 people are still not showing....

I will also post about Jasmin and Jason in a seperate thread...

thanks.