This might sound noob, but how can I apply morphs to D3/M3 in Daz Studio 4.9?

The title pretty much says everything. How can I apply head, body and creature morphs to David 3 and Michael 3?

Comments

• You may need to Inject the morphs first, from the Pose Library (e.g. !David AllMrph INJ), though most characters came with INJ poses that handled that.

• You may need to Inject the morphs first, from the Pose Library (e.g. !David AllMrph INJ), though most characters came with INJ poses that handled that.

How can I do that? Just double click over the morph I want to apply? That's not working!

• Where are you double-clicking? The base morph injections add the morph to the figure but they don't set its value, you need to do that in the Parameters pane.

• I'm double clicking in the left pane/david head morphs menu. I selected the head bone but the slider for the head morphs do not appear in the parameters panel.

• edited April 2016

I reinstalled the model and now I'm able to morph the head. I'll load more morphs later to test if everything is working correctly and post the results later. Thanks!

Post edited by l_riefkohl_ferrer_1923365ed0 on
  • Isn't working again. I would like a permanent solution!

• By left pane you mean the Content Library pane? Exactly which folder and file are you double-clicking? What do you have selected in the scene?

• edited April 2016

A pic is worth a thousand words so here are some pics:

pic 01

pic 02

Post edited by Chohole on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

After applying the morph injection, did you go to the Parameters pane to dial in the morph?

• How did you install - Daz Install Manager?

• After applying the morph injection, did you go to the Parameters pane to dial in the morph?

Yes, but there was no slider!

How did you install - Daz Install Manager?

Yes, I have been using it since I became active user again about 3 months ago!

If you apply the "All Head" injection, do you get any sliders in Parameters?

• If you apply the "All Head" injection, do you get any sliders in Parameters?

I get no sliders from any morph that I inject!

David base and his morphs were all installed to the same location using DIM?

Can you post thee two screenshots:

1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

• edited April 2016

Here are the screenshots:

Let me know if you need more information!

Post edited by Chohole on

If you load David by going to Content Library > Poser Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > Figures > DAZ People > David.cr2

and apply the morph injections from

Content Library > Poser Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > Pose > !David All Mrph INJ > !All HEAD Morphs.pz2

does that work?

Are you perhaps loading "David Blank" rather than David?

• Are you perhaps loading "David Blank" rather than David?

Thanks, that was the problem. I was loading "David Blank" instead of "David". Now the morphs work when added from either tab, "Smart Content" or "Content Library" as you said. I was loading "David Blank" because "David" has the legs slightly bent and I thought there was no difference. Is there a way to reset the legs?

I believe the slightly best legs is the zero pose for the figure, so you would need to select the calves and zero the front-back dial.

• I believe the slightly best legs is the zero pose for the figure, so you would need to select the calves and zero the front-back dial.

Yep, that also worked. I zeroed the legs and now the character looks more like a t-pose which was what I was looking for. Now everything works, the morphs and the t-pose. Is there a way to save the t-pose as a preset?

Thanks for everything and have a wonderful day!

You can save it as a Pose preset to apply after loading the figure, or save as a Scene Subset -- I do the latter, so I can load the figure with all the morphs pre-injected (and a more realistic skin).

• Thanks, everything you said was pretty helpful. I found Daz Studio a few years ago, but never were too much involved until about 3 months ago when I decided to use the models in some video games I intend to program. Newer versions of Daz Studio were released since that time so now I'm a interface newbie again. These models are a huge time saver for us newbies in this hobby and I'm thankful for that.

Again thanks and have a wonderful day!