OT bluetooth headphones and airplanes

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,829

I have a question about bluetooth headphones and airplanes.   Next week I am going to fly to visit Daddy.  I was wondering do I have to use the earbuds that came with my iPhone to listen to music or can I use my bluetooth headphones on the plane?

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011

It's fine with me, but I suppose you want an official opinion... FAA press release 31, October 2013... 

http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=15254 

It seems to indicate that Bluetooth is allowed in Flight Safe Mode, but I'm sure you could also contact the airline you plan to be flying with and ask... Or check their website.

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757

I would bring both just in case you cannot use the bluetooth headset.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,957

They may be grateful for the assistance in landing ... devil

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189

I do a lot of flying between work and home and I have never had an issue with using a WiFi headset on any flight I have been on. At the worst they may ask you to turn them off during take off and landing, 

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

earbuds, because if you loose BT headphones  if the flight attendants are unsure about the wireless devices, if the passengers are nervous about them the buds will be a little less intimidating. I also suggest you alternate between singing Abba's "Dancing Queen" and the Melvin's "Sweet Willy Roll Bar" out loud oblivious to anyone else on the plane.