Michael 4 for Genesis 2 male OR V4 for G2Female How to use?

I figured out how to get the basic M4 shape. I didn't have to do anything. it's already installed i just load a Genesis 2 male and then in the right side (DAZ 4.9) in the Shaping tab there's a graphic of michael 4 and you slide it up to 1.0. There's another  graphic with a slider and you slide it to 1.0 to get the height.  Clothes is pretty straight forward, you load it then Fit to..and there's a dialog box and you select Originally for M4 and then you select the type of clothes it is. Works great.

The two things i'm struggling with though is Using my M4 characters. Like applying INJ so that it shapes into those characters. And applying that characters MAT. like i have some black guys for M4 , tried to apply the MAT and nothing happened. what am i supposed to do. 

Also, can you inject Michael 4 morphs++ or Michael 4 base or other michael 4 (M4 old package) into this Genesis 2 figure?  I don't really mind that much because the genesis figure has plenty of body shapes already but  at least i want to get the face of the M4 character i bought and the MAT/Texture for the body/face.

is it possible?

Comments

• nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931
    edited April 2016

Here are some images. The Genesis 2 Male shaped with M4 body.   And a Character set for M4 that i would like to use.

I also included an image of the M4 morph injections. Are they even useable anymore? with my M4for G2M package. I tried injecting but nothing happened

G2MAsMichael4.png
    769 x 363 - 156K
    G2M_M4Character.png
    456 x 458 - 174K
    G2M_M4Morphs.png
    608 x 948 - 536K
    Post edited by nokoteb99 on

Oh just in case this helps I got both the Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male and M4 Skins Auto Converter for Genesis male   as well as the same ones for Victoria 4. I just don't know how to use them because there's no precise instructions anywhere

• Morphs aren't made compatible by this product - you can use GenX 2 with the right plug-ins to make morphs that pretty closely, but not exactly, match the originals or you can use the Transfer Utility (Kattey has a thread with instructions).

For textures, if the materials are in Poser format or the old DS script based formats (.dsa, .dsb or .dse) then you must apply the materials to a real Micahel 4, if you have one, or to Genesis (the disadvantage of using Genesis is that it lacks the eye overly layer that both Genesis 2 and Michael 4 have so any settings for that will be lost), then File>Save as>Materials Preset - that preset should then work to apply the settings to Genesis 2.

Well i'm fine with no morphs, the G2M has plenty of morphs and maybe i can purchase more morphs for G2M and G2F. I did however fix the MAT thing. You just 1) Select the M4 UV  thing under utilities.  Then you select New Surfaces for Old G2M under utiltiies. and select the Character MAT you want. worked perfectly. now i have a dark skin character.

Howeever, although there is a  M4 UV thing under utilities , there is no V4 UV. Why is that? I installed both  Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male and M4 Skins Auto Converter for Genesis male and also those 2 products for V4. Mmmmm, strange.

Question, do they sell (Anywhere) Morphs for Genesis 2 figures and also Faces( Big package)    OR does Genesis 2 come with everything to create really distinct body shapes and faces?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956
    edited April 2016

Documentation is a problem for sure with some of the products in the DAZ Store and with DAZ Studio itself.

Factually I state that I bought Mec4D's vol 2 iRay Shader which included no instructions and I did look in my DAZ Content folders and online at Mec4D's website. When I asked for help I was told I have to 'eye' it, aka guessing without a clue as to how to use the product and then hoping my results are considered 'good' and 'artistic' if I managed to guess correctly. Unacceptable really.

This product though, Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male (http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male) does include PDF instructions but it's really not intuitive that DAZ 3D & PA's would use a subdirectory's called ReadMe's in the possesive form as if Readme was an possessive entity. Nothing tells you to go searching the hundreds, if not thousands, of directories created when you install DAZ Studio and DAZ Studio content so I will suggest here in the same way you can add a script to the DAZ Studio menu there will be a link to a PDF locally for each package product in the Info Tab for the selected product which tells how to use that product and gives one example step through at least as good as the step through I gave DAZ 3D telling how to crash DAZ Studio using the Brooke HD product, preferably with screen shots though (which I didn't include in my explanation to DAZ 3D). Products should not be accepted without documentation on how to reproducable use a product to get a desired result the product claims it delivers or how are you going to claim that the product is what the product claims to be? It's called training on product usage that you are selling.

So anyway, the instructions Sloshwerks included are verbose and polite but would have been better included screen shots at crucial junctures in the product use example process. Some parts of the product work 'automatically' and are not documented which it's really acceptable either, eg you have a Genesis 2 Male in your scene selected and selecte M4 Clothing to cloth the G2M then the DAZ Studio Autofit Dialogue will pop up and it is then you select from that dialogue the clothing piece was originally designed for Michael 4. Such one-click (actually you must select from dropdown menus in a dialogue so it's multiple clicks) script directed actions still need to be documented though. Looking at what the product claims to do and what the documentation documents what it does leaves me wondering how did this product get accepted into the DAZ Store when the people that test and accept PA products for sell don't have proper instructions? They do this 9 - 5 5 days a week for years but they need to behave as if it's the 1st time they opened DAZ everytime they procure a product because potentially that is true for a large percentage of DAZ 3D customers. That is called experience and respect.

In the instructions Sloshwerks tells you that you the M4 texture material presets must be in .DUF format and advises you you can buy another product to convert the old M4 material preset formats to .duf format but I will tell you you just need to open the M4 character, load the material preset(s) that isn't in .duf format and then save it or a subset of the material presets out as a .duf format file.

The V4 to G2F works in an identical way (enough so that I wondered if SloshWerks may have PA aliases for different product lines as many businesses do).

The readme is available here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/17664/start

(PDF removed. Unless redistribution is explicitly allowed files should not be uploaded to the forum. In this case, as it is freely available, a link can be given.)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited April 2016

The V4 to G2F works in an identical way (enough so that I wondered if SloshWerks may have PA aliases for different product lines as many businesses do).

If the v4 to G2F product you mean is this one, http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female , it is made by MallenLane who is Daz Staff and not a pen name for Slosh.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

If the v4 to G2F product you mean is this one, http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female , it is made by MallenLane who is Daz Staff and not a pen name for Slosh.

Yes, That one. The ad write up is nearly the same.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Well, if you're going to go by that, you're going to suspect that of a lot more PAs and would be incorrect.  :)  They're similar products; not many write more than a straight out description to a bit of embellishment and sometimes people refer to what other people have written for a guide.  So I wouldn't read much into these things, no pun.

edited April 2016

Well, if you're going to go by that, you're going to suspect that of a lot more PAs and would be incorrect.  :)  They're similar products; not many write more than a straight out description to a bit of embellishment and sometimes people refer to what other people have written for a guide.  So I wouldn't read much into these things, no pun.

?

No puns, there was nothing else to go by. With the saved effort from writing original ad copy perhaps a bit more effort can be made on product documentation? I hope the OP's questions were answered though as the documentation is often severely lacking. As the V4 to G2F documentation it is still on my wishlist list I couldn't direct him any of the documentation for that product as I did the other product. You're welcome too direct the OP there though.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Yeah i got Thanks all