Quick Question About Exporting .OBJ Ffiles

BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi guys,

I'm trying to save my posed figures and objects into .OBJ format, and I don't seem able to do so properly. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but anyway, I need to know how to export just one object from my scene without having to delete everything else in the scene.

If I just select Genesis and export, for instance, it seems to still export the whole scene as one .OBJ file, which isn't what I want.

Any ideas?

Comments

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

Just turn visibility to off in the scene tab for anything you don't want to export. Then in the Export Options check Ignore Invisible Nodes.

That's it...

Hope this Helps... :)

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Hi...

Just turn visibility to off in the scene tab for anything you don't want to export. Then in the Export Options check Ignore Invisible Nodes.

That's it...

Hope this Helps... :)

Ah, I had tried to make things invisible but forgotten to check Ignore Invisible Nodes.

Thanks for that :D

edited December 1969

Well the model exported but the textures don't seem to have loaded up in Maya, despite there being a .MTL file.

Seems there's a challenge around every corner, that's why I love this stuff!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Well the model exported but the textures don't seem to have loaded up in Maya, despite there being a .MTL file.

Often, all you will need to do is just point the program you are using in the right direction, because the mtl files don't always have the correct path information to the texture file. Or you could try moving the texture file to the same folder as the obj and mtl files.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

Often, all you will need to do is just point the program you are using in the right direction, because the mtl files don't always have the correct path information to the texture file. Or you could try moving the texture file to the same folder as the obj and mtl files.
    Thank you, moving the textures to the same folder as the mtl file worked.