tiger daz file too heavy

elena108elena108 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello everybody !

I am new here on this forum and say hello to everybody cos this is my first message.

Maybe someone can help me...

I uploaded tiger by AM (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/tigers-by-am) file here on daz shop.

I managed to open it in Daz studio 4. It is really beautiful with its fur but my problem is that I don't manage to export it into Bryce because it is very heavy file (about 360000octets). I manage to reduce a little the file in Blender (about 288000 octets) and then to save the file as .obj file. Then, I managed to open it in Bryce but I could not save it as obp file because it is far too heavy and Bryce says it has not enough memory.

My question : does anyone know how to save the original file with the fur into .obj file less heavy so that I can easely open export it into Bryce and save it as obp file ?

Thank you very much for your precious help !

Tiger_-_DS.png
91 x 91 - 14K

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

You can continue to lower the quality until it gets into bryce but then it won't look good at all. I'll wait to see what others will say but I'm sure there is a limit to how much data you can remove and it still be worth it.

You may be better off with a lower poly tiger...Not sure if that one has a lower resource version in the package. I've seen that one before, your right is lovely but not sure Bryce was designed for that.

• elena108elena108 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello larsmidnatt,

thank you for your message !

I must admit I am not sure I manage to resize file in Blender cos I don't remember how I manage the first time... I tried several times after the one that succeded to down size till about 280 mo but I did not manage to down size it more...

You are right, in the package was a very light version of the tiger (without fur) that is nice but not as the one with the fur. And it is also right that maybe Bryce is not powerful enough to receive such a big file, that is why I wanted to find a way to down size the file as much as possible while keeping a sufficient enough quality.

Can someone explain me how to downsize properly this kind of file (I could try to do this either in Daz studio or blender if someone knows how to do it) ?

Thank you again for your help !

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

THe animals, although Super are very large files, and a lot of people have problems using them in the programs they were designed for, let alone trying to get them to work in Bryce. The problem is going to be with the amount of plus you are trying to import and save. I think I am right in saying that the hair is modelled hair, and thus is going to be very very high poly.

edited December 1969

Hello Chohole,

thank you for answering.

You are right saying the fur is very detailed so very heavy is the file. So, if I understand well, it is usual that beautiful animal have heavy file and that we can not reduce them ?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I don't know about that I know I wanted one of his animals, but decided against it because I just knew from waht others were saying that I was unlikely to ever be able to use it, because I only ever render in Bryce.

edited December 1969

Thank you for sharing, chohole !

If someone else have another experience or can help me, don't hesitate to post !

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

You may be able to squeeze a bit more in if you have not alreday made Bryce "Large Address Aware". There's a free program (called laa.exe IIRC) that will modify the bryce.exe and permit it to address a few more bytes of memory - nothing world-shaking and definitely not beyond the usual 32-bit limits!