Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Infinite Insanity indeed.

Woke up this morning and excitedly saw a 4 hour flash sale for two PA''s that had items I dearly wanted. Logged into my account only to find the main Daz page change and the sale was over!

Yet AGAIN these sales had seemingly occurred while the GMT timezone half of the world was sleeping.

I fully understand that flash sales are exactly that....GONE IN A FLASH.... ( 4 hours in this case)....but it would be nice if  the same sale was made available now the other half of the world is awake to take advantage of it. 

Oh well, will have to wait for yet another sale opportunity for these PA''s.  Sadly for me and the PA''s concerned it was a lose-lose situation.  crying

I assume that you are talking about Stonemason and Zev0. Both ghave similar quality sales pretty regulary so your wait should be not to long.

But as an European I agree it would be nice DAZ would do such Flash sales twice with 12 hourse offset

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited May 2016

Greetings,

Just...to note.  Ironman13 is in the last 3 days of sales.  If you have a product from each of those days, it gives ~45% off for each one.  That's a total of ~83% off...  The AntFarm is in two of them, also, for ~70% off.  Not sure it was supposed to work like that...but I just closed a cart out with an average of 63.7% off a bunch of good items, with a few just-intro-discounts included to trigger the savings.

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574

Doesn't work for me. In fact, I can't get the 45% sale to work on IronMan poses. Unless it's only supposed to work on one item...

These sales can get so complicated that you just shrug and ignore them all together.

• RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 911

With the frequent conversations here regarding the lack of male content for sale I'm surprised nobody's talking about today's Male Sale.  Some nice deals on back catalog figures!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,318

With the frequent conversations here regarding the lack of male content for sale I'm surprised nobody's talking about today's Male Sale.  Some nice deals on back catalog figures!

But like so many of the sales it requires buying stuff I don't need.

What I really liked was the Dead sale when I could get a bunch of stuff for $6.95 each without other purchases.

• I loaded my cart with things, then saw the "Michael 4" category contained female items and went all mad at DAZ. But it seems to be fixed now, previously it was loaded with female characters and clothing as well. 

Now all I have to do is convince myself I need to buy all those things, because it will send the right statistics to DAZ. Despite feeling like I already have a small catalog on my drive that hasn't been even looked at. All purchased in previous months, and I barely rendered. I can be fine without buying for the next month if not half a year, just doing renders of recently bought content. But then DAZ will complain again that male items don't sell...

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Prerequisites (although I do want one of the new releases, I don't have one of his requisites to get him -.-)
    + the discounts are pretty standard except for the m4 stuff, but I have m4 so

It sucks because I do want to send the right sales statistics that male things sell, but as they always say, "I've got to put food on the table" and sometimes it's hard for a hobbyist to spend much all the time. For example I wanted to buy Chase today, but he needs Growing Up for males which I don't have yet, and I can't afford both, so...

(I'm not trying to say prices are too high: for an extended licence they're very good, but hobbyist budgets often need to wait for sales since they aren't making anything back on their purchases.)

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

Spotted another nice little stack for anyone who wants both A Touch of Dirt for Iray by V3Digitimes and any of the Manly May new items. You can then pick up V3Digitime's Iray Converter for Generation 4 for just $1.50.

I already own it, which is helpful as I'm trying to move back into lurk mode with the store. If there's a big DAZ Originals sale any time soon I'll get silly again, but for now the wishlist button is getting some use.

The problem with todays sale for me: there is only 1 item left in the G3M section of the sale that i don't already own, and it is only there b/c i dont need it.

since i rarley use older Generation stuff there is no valie for me in that sale. That means a lot of today sinteresting new items go to the wishlist and will be revisited in 2 Month+ if no interesting stacking sale appears in the next days.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I had a blast in today's sale! Picked up Chase for G3M, Genesis clothing bundle for $3, and about 17 M4's for under $60 with coupon. Pretty happy with my haul!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Renomista said:

The problem with todays sale for me: there is only 1 item left in the G3M section of the sale that i don't already own, and it is only there b/c i dont need it.

+1

Renomista said:

since i rarley use older Generation stuff there is no valie for me in that sale. That means a lot of today sinteresting new items go to the wishlist and will be revisited in 2 Month+ if no interesting stacking sale appears in the next days.

I still use Genesis 2 a lot, and you can use Genesis mats on G2M/G2F. I wish I knew, though, if you need the figure for the UVs in order to use the materials. Specifically, do I need David 5 in order to use the skin mats of Sean for David 5? I really appreciate the descriptions of the Genesis 3 characters specifying which UV base they use. Too bad the older generations don't have that, too. I'd pick up Sean if I knew I could use him, but there just isn't enough $$$ in the budget to get David, too. Moot point, though, as I've already checked out... And I've wishlisted several more items...

I could really go crazy with this sale, if the wallet wasn't so empty...

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    L'Adair said:
    Renomista said:

+1

Renomista said:

I still use Genesis 2 a lot, and you can use Genesis mats on G2M/G2F. I wish I knew, though, if you need the figure for the UVs in order to use the materials. Specifically, do I need David 5 in order to use the skin mats of Sean for David 5? I really appreciate the descriptions of the Genesis 3 characters specifying which UV base they use. Too bad the older generations don't have that, too. I'd pick up Sean if I knew I could use him, but there just isn't enough $$$ in the budget to get David, too. Moot point, though, as I've already checked out... And I've wishlisted several more items...

If you want to use a skin on G2M that uses the David 5 UV, then you would need to own this product:

http://www.daz3d.com/generation-5-uv-bundle-for-genesis-2-male-s

You do not need to own David 5 himself, you would need that in order to use Sean's skin on Genesis.

BTW: It does not state on Sean's product page that he uses D5 UVs, although I am fairly sure he does. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Sean uses the David 5 UVset.

Havos said:
    L'Adair said:

If you want to use a skin on G2M that uses the David 5 UV, then you would need to own this product:

http://www.daz3d.com/generation-5-uv-bundle-for-genesis-2-male-s

You do not need to own David 5 himself, you would need that in order to use Sean's skin on Genesis.

BTW: It does not state on Sean's product page that he uses D5 UVs, although I am fairly sure he does. 

Sean uses the David 5 UVset.

Thank you both. I may go ahead and pick up Sean, if I decide to get another new release from the Manly May sale.

Todays sale is nice to stock up on some older PC+ stuff, not outrages but nice

The DO sale on the other hand is not really intriguing

edited May 2016

The Todays DO sale stacks very nicely with the Manly May Sale.

Filled lot of gaps in my Genesis and G2M DAZ Main Characters Collection

Post edited by Renomista on
  • Yes, but I'm still confused about banners and e-mail: e-mail says you get additional 30% on DO's, banner says 50% on DO's. Cart says 30%. Can I complain and get a better price? 

• VilianVilian Posts: 281

Got an e-mail saying there's a 30% off sale on PC+ membership but it shows up as full price for me. Anyone's got a clue what's up?

I would have one request: Can we have a 20% Gift Card Sale tomorrow, my Store Credit run out, I need to reload...

Yes, but I'm still confused about banners and e-mail: e-mail says you get additional 30% on DO's, banner says 50% on DO's. Cart says 30%. Can I complain and get a better price? 

Yes, definite conflict there. I was briefly interested when I read it was 50% off, and that it also combined with the regular PC+ discount. But I think it's the 50% banner that's a mistake, not the 30% pricing.

Being British, I tend to just shrug and not make a fuss. But across the pond people kick up a stink and throw accusations of cynicism, etc - and it often seems to work! So complain away and see what happens. Here, I'll throw in a few:

Huh, another "mistake", DAZ.

A typical misleading sales "error".

Yet more puppy tormenting.

You're an absolute shower.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

These items are normally $2.99 for PC members, you get them for 50% off that price for two:  http://www.daz3d.com/0502-pc-featured#index=8

Basically it's a reset of the ported PC+ items back to their 1.50 intro price.

Except the A3 angel expansion which is broken and not tagged pc+ for some reason.

And the Koshini's clothing set sugar and spice which still isn't fixed and won't install.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Is the PC+ catch up sale working correctly?  I have 2 items in my cart, both PC+ and I am a PC+ member..the items aresouth beach deco pavilion and price is showing at 2.09 (2.99 on sale page)and Medieval princess dress for G3M is showing at 3.50 (4.99 on sale page)? I assumed the discount would be more with buy 2 get 30% off and combines with PC+ discount, just want to confirm before I purchase as I don't need anything right now but if it's a good sale price I will purchase but this doesn't seem like such a great deal

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,137
    edited May 2016

Kharma: I think as it's supposed to be a "Catch-Up" sale, it's just that the majority of DO PC+ items are back on their standard intro price (30% off normal PC price, hence 2.09 or 3.49 - looks like there's a rounding thing going on there) while the ex-RDNA PC+ items are back on the 50% intro they had as they were introduced over the last month or so, providing you buy 2 or more.

(Edit for clarity)

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Thanks for clarifying MelanieL, just wanted to be sure it was working correctly or if something was going to change once the staff gets into work this AM.

These items are normally $2.99 for PC members, you get them for 50% off that price for two:  http://www.daz3d.com/0502-pc-featured#index=8

The problem banner is on this page:

http://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals#&filter_new=0&filter_platClub=0&filtered=1

It's a sale on all DAZ originals (not just PC+ items). It says 50% off (plus combines with normal PC+ discount), but there ain't no 50% off.

Dangnabbit! (stamps foot, shoves monitor and keyboard off the side of desk)

How am I doing? Convincing?

It's a sale on all DAZ originals (not just PC+ items). It says 50% off (plus combines with normal PC+ discount), but there ain't no 50% off.

Oh hey, that's not the same offer that the main sale page has.

I mean, I'd pretend to be surprised but

edited May 2016

Definitely an issue with the banner. (Surprise!) When you buy two DOs, you get 51% off the base price with the two 30% discounts combined. So the main part of the banner is essentially correct. The ribbon in the corner, though, throws it off with the implication that the 50% is on top of the 30%.

(Hey, DAZ! I'm available to proofread/edit your Adcopy... help you catch these before they go live. I've got references...)
    smiley angel

Post edited by L'Adair on
    edited May 2016

The best part of the Catch Up sale is the discounts stack with other promotions still running. I caved and bought another Manly May new release and grabbed all the David 5 characters: It was $3.77 for one, but only $2.64 each after adding another one. In fact, I picked up a few G2M items as well. I've attached a screenshot of what it cost me. So by itself, not so spectacular. But combined with other promos? A pretty sweet deal.

Manly-May-great-deals.png
    564 x 258 - 427K
    Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809

The conflicting banners have been reported.

This discussion has been closed.