Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)

RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
edited April 2016 in The Commons

Since we had so much fun in the 1,5 Month long March Madness Thread we decided that a containment thread for all the fun and frustrations of DAZ's never ending cornucopia of sales is needed.

Thanks to Astracadia for the nice Thread Title!

Post edited by Renomista on

Comments

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Reserved for Indexing/Info purpose

• James_HJames_H Posts: 995

While you are on the magic mushrooms (:)), can anyone say how well these look in Daz? I assume the textures are Poser.

if you are  pc+ Member have a look here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/80036/rdna-pc-wave

There are quite a few sample renderings (don't belive the mushrooms) for lots of the products.

My general impression: Resonable! Good enough for background, needs some shader reworking if needed for the foreground.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2016

OMG, the sales are killing my wallet. George literally came out of the grocery budget. Oh, the irony! And now there are pretty plants on sale too. Might have to take that out of the gardening budget! Ha! At least they won't die like my other ones!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

You should call this Infinite Insanity - Daily Sale Talk or something.

lx said:

You should call this Infinite Insanity - Daily Sale Talk or something.

Added

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,319

I had absolutely no intention of buying George, but figured out that if I stuck him on my order  the cost of the items I had in there dropped by over ten bucks.  Hello George.

I had absolutely no intention of buying George, but figured out that if I stuck him on my order  the cost of the items I had in there dropped by over ten bucks.  Hello George.

Try him out! He is really Great and very versatile

• Renomista said:

Indeed he is, although not a character I would buy. However, I did find this gem from someone that did... http://raindropthelf.deviantart.com/art/Call-me-602800516

Standing by for roll-over....

Today an IRay sale Special. SimTeneros Particle stuff looks interesting.

The Related Stuff don't show the 50% yet

Holy crap, they actually listened and mentioned the tutorials they're making on the sale page.

I think I'm going to die of shock.

Also the 3DL Users should look into this. There is a very interesting Shader Pack for UberSurface2.

Ah and Related Stuff Discount is working, i just confused it with the NewPC+ Banner direcly above, and thought there should be also a rebate without New Items. So if you add a New Item it substracts the 60%

But it looks like a pass to me. 2 Things (Particles and Content Package Assist) went to the Wishlist.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 995

While you are on the magic mushrooms (:)), can anyone say how well these look in Daz? I assume the textures are Poser.

Renomista said:

Indeed he is, although not a character I would buy. However, I did find this gem from someone that did... http://raindropthelf.deviantart.com/art/Call-me-602800516

I had just taken a sip of wine when I opened that. I'm charging you for a new computer!!!!

• jash147 said:

Renomista said:

I had just taken a sip of wine when I opened that. I'm charging you for a new computer!!!!

I knew I should have posted a warning... laugh

Another Batch of new PC+ Stuff from RDNA.

Beside just a normal new Items Lineup with 45% PA Sale for the PAs of the new products.

The Door in the book is a nice idea.

Yesterdays Flash Sales (PC+ Only) where quite nice too, could pick up some older stuff.

I think there are good chances that we have more of them later today.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    Renomista said:

Beside just a normal new Items Lineup with 45% PA Sale for the PAs of the new products.

Yesterdays Flash Sales (PC+ Only) where quite nice too, could pick up some older stuff.

Not all of the sales items are even being sold here. They have the More than human set from DarioFish that is still being sold over at Renderosity in the flier today.

• Renomista said:

Not all of the sales items are even being sold here. They have the More than human set from DarioFish that is still being sold over at Renderosity in the flier today.

Not really; that happens to be one of the outfits used in the promotional images for Male-M3dia's new character Landon.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

I think Promos for characters should not be allowed to use the REAL Hairy

It looks like the character has a hairy texture, but he doesn't ...

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    Renomista said:

Not really; that happens to be one of the outfits used in the promotional images for Male-M3dia's new character Landon.

If that is the case, maybe a different image that used something other than items from another site would have been a better choice to prevent confusion?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,910
    Renomista said:

If that is the case, maybe a different image that used something other than items from another site would have been a better choice to prevent confusion?

Banners or promo pics for a sale using items not included in the sale are not exactly something new....

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited April 2016
    Kerya said:

I think Promos for characters should not be allowed to use the REAL Hairy

It looks like the character has a hairy texture, but he doesn't ...

When the product has HD morphs in the name, specificly specifies the morphs included in the package in the "What's included" with no specification of textures, says "The base product includes four custom head morphs and one body shape with an additive muscular shape" in the description , "show diffuse only promos of the morphs", puts "Additional Products used in Promo Images:" specifies "Real Hairy" showing was made in the promos, there should be absolutely no reason to believe there was hair in the product. Besides how did you know the product was "Real Hairy" unless you actually got it from the product description?

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    lx said:

Holy crap, they actually listened and mentioned the tutorials they're making on the sale page.

Indeed, quite astounding

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,979
    nicstt said:
    lx said:

Indeed, quite astounding

The tutorials are actually pretty good, IMO.

BeeMKay said:
    nicstt said:
    lx said:

Indeed, quite astounding

The tutorials are actually pretty good, IMO.

The tutorials are very good - they've been adding them for a month or two but I've been complaining that they haven't actually bothered telling anyone they were making them. Adding them on the day's sale page (and thus email) is really great for getting more people to see them. Daz often has this problem: Studio offers so much that just isn't well documented or advertised. Lately though they've made some improvements which is lovely to see.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I think the tutorials were awesome, between those and the ones Sickleyield posted on her youtube channel and DestinysGarden texturing thread in the Art Studio forum I have collected more info in the last month or so than in the last year about lighting and shaders and textures in Studio 4.9.  I also think Bluebird3D was going to be offering something in the near future according to her Pocket PA thread.  I hope Daz continues to add more great followup tutorials to their channel soon.

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited April 2016

What a lovely portal in a book by Lilflame! It's the literary equivalent to Lisa's Botanicals' Forest Portals over at Hivewire!

--MW

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.