George HD

Comments

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

I keep thinking "why is he named George? Isn't he King Henry?"

I'm really impressed by how well all these outfits fit him.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,580

Just going to make a little request for people not to veer too much into mocking overweight people.

by clinical standards I am overweight and I am not offended in the slightest, he's a 3d character.

Renomista, nice render, makes him look kinda muscular for a big guy. Now that i am seeing some of the renders, I am getting some fun ideas for renders, hmmmmm.

Angelreaper, nice one also!

Khory said:

Timmins I would cheerfully bet money that well over 75% of the people making fun fall into the "overweight" catagory themselves.

No kidding.

Chohole said:

One of my overweight friends squealed  "JEYSUS CHRIST I'm on sale at DAZ!"

LMAO!!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Khory said:

Timmins I would cheerfully bet money that well over 75% of the people making fun fall into the "overweight" catagory themselves.

I'm sure they are.  And, I plan to be one of them!  Me and my overweight self can't wait to be able to do some renders with George!

Chohole said:

Priceless!!!  Too funny!!!

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited April 2016
    lx said:

King George IV is believed to have been England's fattest king, with a 54" waist. When he was Prince Regent, he was popularly known as "The Prince of Whales".

Henry VIII would have looked svelte beside him.

Post edited by bytescapes on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

I think the character is awesome and yeah, I get the ribbing oneself.

But a few comments were close to 'oh how disgusting' and, well, line being approached.

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited April 2016

Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah

Renomista said:

Some call me the gangster of love

The Joker by Steve Miller Band.. those very first lines of the song came to my sick mind when I saw those two images in a row. Great job both

:D

Post edited by bad4u on
  • Great character! I would totally try to creature/zombie him up. He would also be suitable for many other roles, villian or otherwise.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    marble said:

I haven't gone for any G3M products so far so I don't have the morph packs or indeed anything but the free basics. Does George need anything?

Oh, I guess he would need the G3M gens which means buying the Pro bundle. Ah well, what a pity, never mind.  A Georgina would be welcome thouh - I have the G3F add-ons. Kudos to Deepsea for having the imagination to craft a character other than those that might be Baywatch cast extras.

Why does that remind me of the time a user asked "How do I get M4's pants to fit over the genitals?" 

laugh This was probably back in the '90's but there was a character for Poser that worked fine--in Poser. But bring it into Bryce and he showed all his glory.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

My comment was made in the same vein as banter with overweight friends and family who i wouldn't hurt for the world, and I get exactly the same back for being short. We just like a laugh with each other, that's all. I don't think George is disgusting, I think he's great. I might be a bit protective of my 3D pies around him though :)

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    lx said:

King George IV is believed to have been England's fattest king, with a 54" waist. When he was Prince Regent, he was popularly known as "The Prince of Whales".

Ooh, interesting history lesson, thanks!

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    lx said:
    lx said:

Maciej Ceglowski once described William Howard Taft described as "American's greatest president ... by volume". I think a similar description would fit George IV.

Now someone needs to use George HD to make a William Howard Taft render. In fact, we need a whole series of renders of William Howard Taft as a monster-fighting superhero, battling dragons and demons in his figure-hugging Spandex three-piece suit. Because isn't that what DAZ Studio is for?

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    lx said:

I'm really impressed by how well all these outfits fit him.

That is where Genesis 3 shines

bad4u said:

Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah

Renomista said:

Some call me the gangster of love

The Joker by Steve Miller Band.. those very first lines of the song came to my sick mind when I saw those two images in a row. Great job both

:D

Very well spotted, cant stop laughing!

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

If you want a

lx said:
    lx said:

If you want a primer on Georde IV in comedy sketch and song form...

• MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515

Such a versatile character. 

George at Work.

George at Work.png
    1168 x 805 - 2M
    edited April 2016

Post edited by Chohole on

Thanks for the post correction Chohole,  still not quite got the hang of posting images correctly or getting them all in the one post. blush

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2016

We try to keep them with a max width of 800 by resizing within the image tool,  as people view the forums on all sorts of devices, and the larger ones don't show well on some of the smaller screens..

Post edited by Chohole on
  • father1776father1776 Posts: 982

He is perfect-ly imperfect !

yes yes yes

need REAL people...more folks that do not look like super models

• Well, had stopped my personal March Madness to save some money on my store account for Zev0's upcoming stuff. And then came George...

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Grrr, DS just App Crash-ed on my George Iray render ... angry

• ...whereas I have to say that he was a steal for some $8, a hefty one. Think I might need to try to do that Bloodhound Gang albumart with him ;-)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    Chohole said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  *falls over* 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Music, I totally love that render.  So real life.  The cap and the stogie are perfect touches! 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2016
    lx said:
    lx said:

Maciej Ceglowski once described William Howard Taft described as "American's greatest president ... by volume". I think a similar description would fit George IV.

Now someone needs to use George HD to make a William Howard Taft render. In fact, we need a whole series of renders of William Howard Taft as a monster-fighting superhero, battling dragons and demons in his figure-hugging Spandex three-piece suit. Because isn't that what DAZ Studio is for?

Yes! I was just going to suggest Taft, who besides being one of our largest presidents was also one of the smartest (or at least hard working). I believe he's the only person to hold the offices of President and Supreme Court Justice. Unfortunately, everyone remembers him for getting stuck in a bathtub. Poor guy! 

I love George and think he'd make a great Taft! Love the renders so far- he's really rocking those those outfits! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Chohole said:

Haha

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

George might also make a very good "Gusteau" from Disney's Ratatouille or something along those lines...

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited April 2016

Well, I have George downloading, so hopefully I'll get to play with him before bed. While he's not what I would find personally attractive, I think the work done on him is incredible, and I think I'll find some uses for him. He may blend well, in smaller doses, with other G3M characters. I'd like to see a female counterpart for him, too. While I'd like to try to avoid doing size-based jokes in renders of him, I am strongly tempted to give him red hair and sideburns, and put him in a kilt. I think it could be dead sexy.

Edit: just thought I'd point out that I know people, male and female, who would find someone like George to be very hot. I have a friend who looks like a younger version of George, and he never seems to know when he's being hit on until after the fact.

Post edited by riftwitch on
  • kimhkimh Posts: 386

It made me laugh too. Since my SO is a middle-aged slightly overweight balding male named George whom I absolutely adore, when I opened my email this morning, my jaw also dropped. First reaction...I can't believe his name is George....Next reaction ...I have to text George....My George is nowhere near the same size but his reaction was priceless

And yes I had to buy him...if nothing else, he will make a great Buddha

riftwitch said:

Well, I have George downloading, so hopefully I'll get to play with him before bed.

So so ;-)