Space Station Living Quarters by Polish - Iray or 3Delight?

There's conflicting info on this item. The description says: "All Material and shader are adjusted for Iray render." But the listing of props and textures says: "Daz Studio 3Delight Material Presets (.DUF)"

Anyone know which one it is? I try not to buy anything that's Iray only, as I'm going for toon renders with shaders, etc., that don't work on Iray materials from what I understand. (Still learning here.)

Any and all help appreciated!

Comments

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

just took a look in my library

it has a strange mix made of

omUberSurface, DAZ Studio Default and IRAY Uber

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

There's conflicting info on this item. The description says: "All Material and shader are adjusted for Iray render." But the listing of props and textures says: "Daz Studio 3Delight Material Presets (.DUF)"

Anyone know which one it is? I try not to buy anything that's Iray only, as I'm going for toon renders with shaders, etc., that don't work on Iray materials from what I understand. (Still learning here.)

Any and all help appreciated!

Actually, if you are applying new shaders (shaders as opposed to shader presets...AoA Subsurface shader is a shader....AoA gummy is a preset; the Posework (Toon, Ghost, etc) are shaders).  No, the Iray materials aren't going to render well, if at all in 3Delight, but if you are not using the 'standard' 3Delight materials...

• D.RobinsonD.Robinson Posts: 283
    edited April 2016

I have this set and it seems that any surface thats emissive is Iray. So like the entry way lights and such but the surface shaders for the props are ombersurface. Honestly for myself as an Iray guy i wish it had been all or nothing its a pain in the butt to convert all the non iray stuff to the proper PBR materials. It makes the set as a whole a bit of a pain to use.

Daniel

Post edited by D.Robinson on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459
    edited April 2016

Thanks to all who answered!

Well, that's true on the shaders and now I feel foolish. I'm so unlearned with Daz that it's embarassing. I guess it's ToonyCam or something that would show nothing where there are Iray materials (I may be misremembering that tidbit) and the lighting would be off, but I've got to switch all the shaders out anyway, I guess, so no difference perhaps in the long run.

I've got all the tools I think, and I just have to figure them out! I may be kicking myself before this is over, but I will have learned a LOT.  Sooo... no matter what sets I'm using, I'll have to do a lot of customizing... I wonder if it's too late to decide to go with photorealism, LOL! :) (j/k, don't think realistic would work for this project. I'm doing the artwork that my daughter is using for an IST senior project, a 2D game.)

I've seriously got to go back and read every tutorial I've ever found on doing non-photorealistic renders with Daz. My brain keeps dropping things! So much to learn!

Post edited by firewarden on
  • Thanks to all who answered!

Well, that's true on the shaders and now I feel foolish. I'm so unlearned with Daz that it's embarassing. I guess it's ToonyCam or something that would show nothing where there are Iray materials (I may be misremembering that tidbit) and the lighting would be off, but I've got to switch all the shaders out anyway, I guess, so no difference perhaps in the long run.

I've got all the tools I think, and I just have to figure them out! I may be kicking myself before this is over, but I will have learned a LOT.  Sooo... no matter what sets I'm using, I'll have to do a lot of customizing... I wonder if it's too late to decide to go with photorealism, LOL! :) (j/k, don't think realistic would work for this project. I'm doing the artwork that my daughter is using for an IST senior project, a 2D game.)

I've seriously got to go back and read every tutorial I've ever found on doing non-photorealistic renders with Daz. My brain keeps dropping things! So much to learn!

I bought this stuff too, and I'm new to DazStudio, I don't know how to render this

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,334

I have this set and it seems that any surface thats emissive is Iray. So like the entry way lights and such but the surface shaders for the props are ombersurface. Honestly for myself as an Iray guy i wish it had been all or nothing its a pain in the butt to convert all the non iray stuff to the proper PBR materials. It makes the set as a whole a bit of a pain to use.

Daniel

I've got the Summer Island by the same vendor and its the same bits use the iray shader others not even the water doesn't the only way to get it looking anything like the Promos is to use the SunSky settings in Iray, if I'd have realised this before 30 days were up I would have returned it. As you say its rather a pain to use.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

Interesting, I have the set as well and I recall not all surfaces being PBR Iray Uber surfaces.

It doesn't have to be to render alright in Iray, but it probably makes it easier to get more accurate results.  I don't know...  Posting here hoping someone more knowledgeable will chime in.